Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi 4x4

Of course not. we cannot under write the financial markets, we are not a central bank. gaps occur and often we are on the receiving end of bad debts because clients are under margined when markets move so quickly. so no is the answer

pc

Hi PC,

Do you ever foresee a time when CMC's platform efficiency would allow you to offer free guaranteed stops - this would really get everyone's juices flowing.....

You raise a very good point that the wider the spread the harder it is for clients to make money. Where I think you have missed a fundamental point is efficiency savings.

I agree there are efficiency savings to be made, and that those savings can be passed on to the consumer in the form of lower spreads, which if achieved through legitimate means, is a win-win situation.

hi the hare,

well we just did that and as we become more efficiency over coming months
then those savings will be passed onto the clients.
There is not point in investing in a business if you do not take advantage of your competitive advantage. That is all we are doing. The competition have to do the same. The winner always has to be the client. You keep driving down costs, you win the business by passing those cost savings onto the client. simples yes.

pc

I agree there are efficiency savings to be made, and that those savings can be passed on to the consumer in the form of lower spreads, which if achieved through legitimate means, is a win-win situation.

hi 4x4.
Yes it is good question but what would worry me about any provider that guarantees stops, is if they are guaranteeing stops and there is big gap in the market and the client doesn't have sufficient funds in their account will that put the company at financial risk.
at the end of the day, the financial markets are bigger than all of us so we have to be realistic.

never heard of the company you mentioned, I thought that was the name of the bloke in Wall Street.

pc

OK, I was only asking - Gekko do.

hi the hare,

I see you are in Malta, I guess that makes you Man Utd supporter.
pc

0.7 point spread, what is this, have I missed something? Apparently CMC is trying to go for the knock-out, I like it. I do hope it is not a temporary fling of yours and that it will be followed by good execution with no slippage on stops.

Why stop at zero spreads? I want negative spreads with instant execution and no requotes :cheesy:

That's not enough. Forget about trading and let CMC pay us a daily rate for lending them our money to play the markets.:cheesy:

That's not enough. Forget about trading and let CMC pay us a daily rate for lending them our money to play the markets.:cheesy:
You got a point, but I woudn't mind lending them some money, that is if they behave accordingly to my standards.:)

Black Swan, what is your comment? For one reason or the other, you usually don't approve of the SB giving too narrow spread.:cheesy:

Last edited:
Hi Peter,
Is it possible to close a demo account with you as I don't want to receive any e-mails from CMC... sorry, no disrespect but I'm not the biggest fan of CMC...

Hi Peter,
Is it possible to close a demo account with you as I don't want to receive any e-mails from CMC... sorry, no disrespect but I'm not the biggest fan of CMC...

go to the bottom of the email you will find a link if you want to unsubscribe .

Glad to see the spread reductions. I was wondering if there will be a reduction in the after hours spread on the ftse 100. Currently it's 1.5, I really think it should stand at 1. A lot of providers now offer the same spread from 8:00am till 9:00pm.

Black Swan, what is your comment? For one reason or the other, you usually don't approve of the SB giving too narrow spread.:cheesy:

Hmmm...I think the zero spreads as 'offered' by a certain sb firm are bogus. Fwiw I'm very happy with any firm who gives one pip spread, the decimals are important but to me not crucial given I swing and or position trade..I'm more interested in the typical spread of an sb firm or broker, decent fills, no time outs, no rejected trades etc etc. I want to see the industry flourish and customers (us) win more..

What is important is that IG, CMC and perhaps one or two of the other firms are going to be competing for business like never before. IMHO this industry is going to go through massive changes over the next couple of years all of which will be very beneficial for clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.