Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering what would happen when a vendor ended up with an advert from a competitor in their post, low and behold I found one of Peter's with a rivals ad.

Sharkys missing a trick here. Oanda (or any other advertiser) would probably pay a premium to display specific targeted ads on a CMC thread. They'd probably also pay a premium to have certain ads not diplayed on the Oanda thread etc.

The simplest solution is probably just to juice a few extra quid out of CMC for an add free thread. They could possibly charge vendors (or even regular punters) for the same service.

Re: Order rejection

Hi Tar,

Thanks for posting. Sorry for delay have been busy with some new releases on next gen.
This is web there has been a delay between your browser and the trade hitting our servers. It is outside of our control. We have no delays on our servers even this morning when SNB announced a floor for eur chf at 1.20 our system was fine.
Some time there is browser delay and the ticket will time out but that just means we didnt receive the order. thats it. nothing sinister here.

tks pc

Was trying the CFD demo , one trade took maybe 30 seconds or more then it was rejected , i even was able to take snapshots during the delay , sounds like a technical glitch . You can see on the first pic i was waiting for the confirmation.

hi mr Big.
was amazing. somebody obviously made money. not us to be honest because was crazy but clients did.

pc

haha I have never ever seen such a move like that before!! Amazing!!

The people who knew about that before hand will of made so much money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: If you find a better service take it....

Hi gle101,

well if you can afford spreads 30 percent higher elsewhere then fair enough. If not come on down the price is right....

remember play the markets not the spreads. :cheesy:

pc

Sounds really good Peter. I find it hard not to join you if this kind o spread is followed by good execution and service.

Sharkys missing a trick here. Oanda (or any other advertiser) would probably pay a premium to display specific targeted ads on a CMC thread. They'd probably also pay a premium to have certain ads not diplayed on the Oanda thread etc.

The simplest solution is probably just to juice a few extra quid out of CMC for an add free thread. They could possibly charge vendors (or even regular punters) for the same service.

this software update is driven as much by the free forum board provider as the site owner. It's part of the relatively new free forum widespread practice to try and make users click on adds by mistake as opposed to choice..

hi pboyles,

this is bang out of order and if this is t2w policy then I will start my thread elsewhere.

pc

Before anyone gets the hump this is a bit of a wind up to highlight the fact that adverts now appear in peoples posts perhaps giving the impression that the poster is recommending the vendor. I was just wondering what would happen when a vendor ended up with an advert from a competitor in their post, low and behold I found one of Peter's with a rivals ad.

hi tar,
well if I was a competitor I would be viewing this thread after all it is good source of information for them. but to be honest I don't care. What is important is that clients have forum to communicate with me the competition are view if they like. just shows they are concerned enough to what to see what we are up to.

tks pc

why u mention D Jones here i don't get it !

hi pboyles,

this is bang out of order and if this is t2w policy then I will start my thread elsewhere.

pc

Nobody is happy about it for a variety of reasons. It tends to associate our posts with a certain advertiser as the ad at the top of each page is actually inside the post. Obviously it's a bit worse for the likes of yourself if a competitors ad shows a better deal than you offer within one of your posts. In any case I'm sure you appreciate that. I didn't actually think you were advertising for Oanda I was just making a point regarding this so called upgrade to the site.

Nobody is happy about it for a variety of reasons.

I assume Mr Sharky and his shareholders are happy enough with the changes, or they wouldnt have done it :LOL:

Its a pity there's no way of having a punt on the outcome of these changes.

PC I think you're being too polite, I'd be doing my fookin nut in your position. Can't for the life of me understand why Cougar media have not got onto T2W about it. There's you, Simon from CS and Rob of ETX who regularly contribute, can't see them being too happy but CMC are arguably T2W's and by proxy, Cougar's biggest clients...I'd be straight on to Sharky and Cougar to tell him to sort it..

hi pboyles,

I am not happy about it and I will be taking it up with them.
They did not consult me. I have put in over 1100 postings on this site in nine months. I am sure it has helped them put up their revenue numbers through advertising. Before I send them something I want to think about it but I am not having them have competitors post on my replies. I accept they have to make a living and having competitors on the top and bottom of the pages I can live with but this is bang out of order.
Maybe it is time to move to another site.
can you recommend another forum we can use.
pc

Nobody is happy about it for a variety of reasons. It tends to associate our posts with a certain advertiser as the ad at the top of each page is actually inside the post. Obviously it's a bit worse for the likes of yourself if a competitors ad shows a better deal than you offer within one of your posts. In any case I'm sure you appreciate that. I didn't actually think you were advertising for Oanda I was just making a point regarding this so called upgrade to the site.

hi black swan.
I intend to but before I do just want to get feed back from forum members here.
I will sleep on it. Can you recommend another site we can transfer to.
this is bang out of order. I am livid to be honest. they just went ahead, did what they wanted and have leveraged off the back of this very good forum. There is little regard for what i have put into this site.
If they are reading this message they better take every thing off by this time tomorrow of we can start up elsewhere. I have loyalty to t2w I use it to communicate with potential clients and existing clients and I have put in a lot of effort and hard work. I even post during the weekends.

change it t2w or it is good bye from me and quickly

pc

PC I think you're being too polite, I'd be doing my fookin nut in your position. Can't for the life of me understand why Cougar media have not got onto T2W about it. There's you, Simon from CS and Rob of ETX who regularly contribute, can't see them being too happy but CMC are arguably T2W's and by proxy, Cougar's biggest clients...I'd be straight on to Sharky and Cougar to tell him to sort it..

Oooh ooh..long Cougar Media eating humble pie..:) Short Sharky affording Brazilian rent boys..

To be fair Brazilian rent boys are THE best you can get. One has to expect to pay for quality.

If Sharky (wonderful name :LOL::LOL:) cannot afford them, he could try Dominican or Guatemalan rent boys.

If he's really struggling financially, there are very cheap male prostitutes to be had in Gabon, although I expect he is already very, very aware of this fact.

hi black swan.
this is bang out of order. I am livid to be honest. they just went ahead, did what they wanted and have leveraged off the back of this very good forum. There is little regard for what i have put into this site.
If they are reading this message they better take every thing off by this time tomorrow of we can start up elsewhere. I have loyalty to t2w I use it to communicate with potential clients and existing clients and I have put in a lot of effort and hard work. I even post during the weekends.

pc

For what it's worth, the CMC contribution is good and I suspect quite well-received, so well done on that score. I'm not a client but I do like what you're doing here.

As for the ads, I would relax, I don't think this change will last. It is just too ridiculous for words, whoever came up with the idea really, and I mean really, dropped a boll0ck on this one. I'm amazed that someone at some point didn't say "What the f***ing f***? Are you f***ing stupid? That is the worst f***ing idea I have ever f***ing heard of. You're fired, you f***ing idiot.", which is the only reasonable response to the idea that I can think of.

hi black swan.

pc

It's bang out of order PC, I've heard of biting the hand that feeds but..well no doubt Phoenix 666 could come up with a more colourful comparison ..and will..

Status
Not open for further replies.