Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Order rejection

Was trying the CFD demo , one trade took maybe 30 seconds or more then it was rejected , i even was able to take snapshots during the delay , sounds like a technical glitch . You can see on the first pic i was waiting for the confirmation.

Attachments

• GBP.jpg
    GBP.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 152
  • GBP2.jpg
    GBP2.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 158
If you find a better service take it....

hi gle101,

of course it is not temporary thing. All we are doing is passing on next gen efficiencies to our clients. I believe we have a competitive advantage over our competition. I suspect that some of our competitors can lower their spreads but the question is, will they be able to sustain lower spreads? we can. The reason we can maintain lower spreads is because all of the technology improvements we have made on pricing, execution and automated execution. We have taken as much of the human element out of the process and it has made us incredibly more efficient and we are saving costs. We are passing these costs onto our clients.
For us it is normal service. Why did we lower spreads, simple because we can. I do not see this as a price war I see this as the industry growing up and competition with exchanges and major banks. For me this is business as usual and the big winner is the client.

I can confirm there is no change in our execution policy, execution is automated, there is no reading of client positions before they trade, we always quote off the market price. There are no re quotes and no dealer intervention. If you find a better service take it.

good luck with your trading
pc

0.7 point spread, what is this, have I missed something? Apparently CMC is trying to go for the knock-out, I like it. I do hope it is not a temporary fling of yours and that it will be followed by good execution with no slippage on stops.

Hi lance,

You could always divert the mail to your trash can. If not send me your details and I will ask support to take you off the data base.

tks pc

Hi Peter,
Is it possible to close a demo account with you as I don't want to receive any e-mails from CMC... sorry, no disrespect but I'm not the biggest fan of CMC...

hi phoenix

I will ask the team to look at it.
tks for the posting.
regards Peter
Glad to see the spread reductions. I was wondering if there will be a reduction in the after hours spread on the ftse 100. Currently it's 1.5, I really think it should stand at 1. A lot of providers now offer the same spread from 8:00am till 9:00pm.

hi black swan,

I totally agree with you and the difference will be technology. Because technology gives you the ability to be competitive and efficient. That is why we have put so much emphasise on technology.

Our latest 0.7 spread release is the beginning of that process.

tks pc

Hmmm...I think the zero spreads as 'offered' by a certain sb firm are bogus. Fwiw I'm very happy with any firm who gives one pip spread, the decimals are important but to me not crucial given I swing and or position trade..I'm more interested in the typical spread of an sb firm or broker, decent fills, no time outs, no rejected trades etc etc. I want to see the industry flourish and customers (us) win more..

What is important is that IG, CMC and perhaps one or two of the other firms are going to be competing for business like never before. IMHO this industry is going to go through massive changes over the next couple of years all of which will be very beneficial for clients.

Hi Mr Big,

You do like having your little jokes. You cannot get 0.7 from Swiss Central bank let alone from us. But hey if you hang around long enough you never know

cheers pc ;)
Any chance of a 0.7 spread for EUR/CHF at the moment?! A touch volatile to say the least! LOL

Re: Order rejection

Was trying the CFD demo , one trade took maybe 30 seconds or more then it was rejected , i even was able to take snapshots during the delay , sounds like a technical glitch . You can see on the first pic i was waiting for the confirmation.

Peter
Could you answer this question.

haha I have never ever seen such a move like that before!! Amazing!!

The people who knew about that before hand will of made so much money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: If you find a better service take it....

hi gle101,

of course it is not temporary thing. All we are doing is passing on next gen efficiencies to our clients. I believe we have a competitive advantage over our competition. I suspect that some of our competitors can lower their spreads but the question is, will they be able to sustain lower spreads? we can. The reason we can maintain lower spreads is because all of the technology improvements we have made on pricing, execution and automated execution. We have taken as much of the human element out of the process and it has made us incredibly more efficient and we are saving costs. We are passing these costs onto our clients.
For us it is normal service. Why did we lower spreads, simple because we can. I do not see this as a price war I see this as the industry growing up and competition with exchanges and major banks. For me this is business as usual and the big winner is the client.

I can confirm there is no change in our execution policy, execution is automated, there is no reading of client positions before they trade, we always quote off the market price. There are no re quotes and no dealer intervention. If you find a better service take it.

pc
Sounds really good Peter. I find it hard not to join you if this kind o spread is followed by good execution and service.

Re: If you find a better service take it....

hi gle101,

pc

Why are you advertising Oanda if CMC is such a great company?

Attachments

• pc advertises Oanda.jpg
    pc advertises Oanda.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 173
Before anyone gets the hump this is a bit of a wind up to highlight the fact that adverts now appear in peoples posts perhaps giving the impression that the poster is recommending the vendor. I was just wondering what would happen when a vendor ended up with an advert from a competitor in their post, low and behold I found one of Peter's with a rivals ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.