• Be a lot tighter

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Be close-to-zero-tolerance

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • I don't care, I'm happy walking round the trash

Votes: 8 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FX. Did you think that the term 'reflective practice' would put us off your scent? It's a shallow term at best. You need to reflect. Come back when you are over 18.

no ruddie I'm sure you know what it means. I learnt it from your inverse psychological truths. cheesy.. :)

Edit..... I want nothing for or of you .... thats your delightful business, but surety may result from reflective practice enabling one to get on and trade perhaps...

Last edited:
FX. You want me to be sure. Being 'sure' is definately not 'self reflective' though, is it. Self reflection only serves as a make believe. Never reflect on 'your' self. You should only ever reflect on fact.

interesting idea, but as with most things, is open to abuse.

even if you got to pay, it doesnt guarantee better quality of posts. anyway, this just opens up another can of worms. such as, subscription, then premium subscription !
free - bog-standard site.
bronze - pay £10 a month, and get above the hoi-poloi.
silver - pay £15 a month, and get a better class of posts, but still the same human egos.
gold - pay £20 a month, blah-blah-blah
platrinum - pay £25 a month, blady-blady-blah, but with free tickets to a fox-hunt and a bottle of Pimms.
Irrespective of the subscription or otherwise, you are still dealing with people, complete with feelings, views, grasp (or otherwise) of the english language. payment does not guarantee good manners.

Payment doesnt guarantee good traders either.
Cynical people with an agenda to sell systems, would simply treat payment as a business cost.
( Hilda Baker, Phoenix Trading Systems, market matrix, etc, are all over-priced, and may / may not work. )But some people will believe that "it must be good because its expensive".

Filtering: since this is a trading site, why not "earn" credits by trading 50 calls before being given a status.
at the moment, the status, "newbie", "junior member", "legendary" comes with number of posts, not quality.
Why not get people to post 50 calls, complete with entry, exit, and stop-loss.
And the members Sharpe ratio is a signal of their capability.
( Note: it would not be necessary to disclose the methodology )

This way, learners are separated from true traders by virtue of posted calls.
Good traders make themselves apparent by the clear-cut black-white calls.
Newbies remain newbies until they start posting calls. ( through their journals )
Then, no matter how many posts you make, your status is defined by the number of calls you have made, and the number of wins to losses, or equity increase.
( this can be problematic as day-traders will get their 50 calls before the longer-term traders. But you could probably identify yourself as Long-term, Swing or Day trader )
Texas Hedge, badtrader, Mr Charts, Naz, cj12 ( whatever happened to him :) )

Or, fast-track to trader status, by disclosing a definable methodology, as per Chartman, Sidinuk, Ftse-beater, etc. ( these guys, post their methods for free, are the epitome of the types we should aspire to )

This way, all the rubbish, by way of, "its only for the initiated", "I know the secret, but cant/wont tell you", "I have placed a diamond in goats excrement", and other teasing can be evaluated in the context of "how many trades has this guy ACTUALLY called, and how good is he" from his Sharpe ratio.

People can write a thousand posts, but they remain newbies until they start posting their calls.
( I KNOW I am rubbish at the moment, but I am open and clear about it.
Its the ones who purport to know things, but dont/cant actually trade that cause the problems )

Just my view. ( with not a little help from a bottle of Tattinger champers )

EDIT: I am more than happy to lose my "legendary" status back to newbie. Even my stars. I just want to LEARN, from people who CAN trade. As do the vast majority, I believe.

Last edited: