Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Be close-to-zero-tolerance

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • I don't care, I'm happy walking round the trash

Votes: 8 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jon,
"one person's rudeness is anothers telling riposte. "...I can't agree with you . Common agreement on language/behaviour and when it becomes anti social is not that hard to define. A quick hands up and on how words are used and how people interpret them would show that.
Let's stop finding ways to give people carte blanche to act in an anti social manner. If they can't post without the personal and the use of anti social remarks which are simple designs to compensate for theirown shortcomings then show them the door to Chumps school for social skill development where Attila my head coach will show them the error of their ways. ;)
Dropping the humour it is evident that this medium just brings out the worst in these anti social types because they are 'virtually' removed from the normal consequences of their anti social behaviour and this makes it even more necessary to 'police' them. Jump them and bump them as needs be.

chump

I agree. I was trying (badly) to point out that it's easy enough to get a "hands up" when what's said is well beyond the line, but much more difficult when it's near the line. As you say, people do have a common agreement but they do draw the line in slightly different places (bit like support and resistance :) ) and it's those differences that cause difficulty.

As frugi says, when we do do a bit of vigorous housekeeping that tends to engender complaints of over-zealousness etc etc. The poll frugi's put on the thread will be informative as will the number of reported posts we get (which are, more usually, about spam and advertising rather than behaviour).

Cheers

jon

Moderation level across the boards is beside the point. If Richard had a 'learning center' it should not show on the main boards. It needs to be differentiated, but, needs to be apparent to the people who wish to participate in his tutorials. This in it's self would need tighter moderation, but, would probably call for less, if you can see what i mean. Give Richard his 'space', but make sure the 'rules' and 'regulations' are obvious to people.

Mr. Charts said:
Over The Top,
Whether you like or dislike Socrates or anyone else, personal negative comments usually spiral down very rapidly........................
[found out how to quote]

Very true. Will you be giving this sound advice to ALL those who need it? That's the problem.

I am editing this post to cover that which hadn't registered with me before.

I do not dislike anyone. SOCRATES has obviously posted a great many posts and I've yet to read any of them except that on the VSA/Socartes thread. And as I said on that thread, if that is representative of what he posts then I wonder what his object is as it seems to be largely free of useful or pertinent information to this site's members. If it is not then obviously I have caught him on a bad day, or two, and will welcome and take the opportunity to applaud his sterling efforts when I do encounter them.

Which brings us right back to the whole point of your initial query. What is unacceptable abuse and what is unwarranted sensitivity to healthy challenge and criticism? I would like to think I am free to pass comment on anyone else's post content, style or manner as they are on mine - as you have. If it is a negative comment,as could yours of mine be construed, then surely that is permissible providing it is within common-sense, good taste and ultimately, within this site's guidelines?

And as for spiralling down, it takes two to tango. And I don't dance. :D

Last edited:
I'm sure all the moderators do their very best in exercising appropriate control over the various fora. As has been already observed though, everyone has a different appreciation of what is below, above or on the line. Disagree with Chump on this one. If it were fixed, it would be easy enough to virtually automate the process. And to reiterate to mr. charts comments on not being in total agreement with all moderators' decisions in the past - it's clear, you can't please all the people all the time. And moderators are as subject to bad moods as anyone else.

Going down the subscription or the private fora route does not in my view address the problem.

What may help is giving moderator facilities of a limited nature to the starter of any thread. They have a very real interest in the topic they are staring the thread about and would be keen to ensure it stays on topic and free of chaff. It would also be of little purpose to the offenders to seek top destroy or derail the thread as they would be bounced, banned or otherwise denied post facility to that particular thread.

I have absolutely no idea how that could be implemented technically, but it seems to serve the original intent of mr. charts.

hmmm, whats wrong with people moderating themselves ? how hard is that for some to do .. its basic manners isn't it.... absolutely nothing wrong with expression of difference and I'm sure everyone knows how to do that correctly........ obvious rudeness like "you this ot that ****!!! er should not be tolerated by the site owners should it ?

however some of it is very funny... but is it meant like that ? not always .

What do the site owners want? how would they want T2W to be whats the vision ........ professional, creating or facillitating the exchange of positive discussion .

Trouble is its back to ego's ,(Mostly its) i'm right, your rubbish therefore I attack because I fear.

I dont know but maybe get members to re apply with a very clear message about the use of pointless (appart from the fact it defines themselves in the open) statements of simple childs tantrums like you no nothing tw*t.... .. the discipline of people having to keep their mouths shut if they cannot say anything constructive ,will do them no harm . only benefit.

Put it this way if it was my website... I would make it a rule that all members cannot abuse other members. heated debates on subject matter fine.... but personal insults..... Nope..never, if T2W doesn't press the issue, it says we accept and dont mind people being abusive to others..... and as the site gets bigger im sure it will drive off professionals, and i'm sure it will become another "yob culture" online.

Again all people have to do is say ... "well yeah maybe but lets agree to differ on that" next....

Maybe the poll should ask.

DO YOU THE USERS WANT MEMBERS TO BE CONSIDERATE TO OTHER MEMBERS ETC..

its a no brainer really isn't it, not difficult........ and this attitude should be in peoples life anyhow...

T2W should insist that people behave.... I dont think moderators should be asking others how the moderators should behave.... that needs to be in place at the top... what vision does that person want for T2W ? Amazing global resource, you might learn something,but watch your mouth? else membership will cease..

Ranting here but finally.... if i was a mod and someone posted something like....... your a ****** blah blah u know jack..... hmmm, one warning of insult like that again and thats it.banned . now appologise.. thats it. everyone knows the rules and it will happen less and less..... maybe even cease to be...............

anyone join realtraders discussion years back ? you had to at least ask and say why you wanted to join etc....

So, all this said. What's going to change? It's obvious T2W needs to evolve. There needs to be room for arguement, there needs to be room for learning. T2W needs to stop blaming it's users and start thinking about what it is offering. At the moment it's in nomans land, a quagmire of everything but nothing clear cut. T2W is maybe in a transitional phase. Will it change for the better for everyone?

Oh, by the way. There should be an adult section. If you can not accept the rules............DO NOT ENTER!

Good call, CV. What would they test for? Math, English or Science? What about throwing a chart in? You know, the old....."What would you do next routine". I'm sure there would be a multitude of answers, who could deny them?

RUDEBOY said:
Oh, by the way. There should be an adult section. If you can not accept the rules............DO NOT ENTER!

yeah I did start to type maybe an X rated forum for people wanting to vent but scratched it.... Come and be insulted....... you know what your looking for.... shop floor insults funny mainly,

I mean you can say, well that i think that idea is complete crap because blah, blah... etc.. but to imply the person is... thats a different matter.

I noticed the other day an international new member put forward a question, trading related and got a response.... relating to the killing of humans.....(huh !) :confused: I dont need to add anything to that at all.....

RUDEBOY said:
You'll have to excuse me BB. What's private? Except PMing.

In the age of Big Brother it is incredibly naive of you or others to assume that PMing is a private matter.

Whole agencies have been built up on the back of eavesdropping....think about it .

The above is not an attack in any way on you or the good people who moderate T 2 W.

I think the fact Trade2win is free yet so presentable and full of experienced advice (for the most part) is what makes it so appealing.

I think if we were to seperate it into two parts (paying and non paying) we would stop the experienced from mixing with the new. I dont mind helping out newbies just as much as I enjoy discussing more "advanced" topics with other people. The majority of people on the boards are either experienced and helpful or new and genuinely interested. There are a few morons that think they know best and try and stir up trouble but they are a minority.

As for how to deal with them, if we have a complaint perhaps email the moderaters explaining whats wrong, then if they see your point they could caution the offender on a three strikes and out basis?

I know they may not want to turn people away but I think they realise getting rid of a handful of people will benefit everyone else

Tom

FX. I understand completely. CV. You are also correct. The answers. Ban foreigners and don't PM.

I think T2W is just fine the way it is and it is a good training ground for wouldbe Traders.

If you are not in control of your emotions & discplines in T2W you are going to be dog tucker in the markets.
And so, all wouldbe Traders should look upon the crude & grumpy Ones as a training ground
for the real thing..... live ammo in a manner of speaking.

hmm yeah I can see how to let them get on with it is good for feeding the market money, not for their own improvement however, if they cant recognise how they themselves are behaving..... which is the area maybe that people need to engage in "reflective practice" realtime.

Seeing as though you are here though. How is Argentina these days? Is it safe?

RUDEBOY said:
Seeing as though you are here though. How is Argentina these days? Is it safe?

Top of the evening to you Rude, it is hard to imagine that you are home on Friday night.

Depends on your definition of safe.
Where we live there is a cop or 2 on every corner and we feel very safe on the streets at 4am,
but we are privilaged and we know it. It really is a great lifestyle and we savour it for as long as it lasts.
Funnily enough, when you look at the trouble in Europe and the US and now Aussie, Lat Am does not seem weird anymore, in fact we could be accused of talking more sense than anyone. It is very interesting how the police here handle potential trouble.

However, take a 10 peso cab ride from our area and it is a different story.
But when you look at Paris, who is safe anymore?

Coming back to the joys of T2W ... I mean what I say about controlling emotion.
I really think that this is a great training ground, since the people here are no different
to those in the markets.