chris kobewka, 60minute trader etc.

JonnyT said:
Hi Ian,

The average trade visually is small.

As yet I haven't run it through my backtest engine to test out various parameters.

Even if I did I wouldn't publish the results without Chris's say so as I know what its like to be ripped off!!!

JonnyT

Hi JT,

Thats fair enough

Ian

Does anyone know how the 60 minute trader performed over last summer. I know the results from last spring and autumn plus those for this year so far are very impressive, but what about last summer ?

Blimey Oriana, it's only 50 quid for god's sake! You have already asked 6 questions on the same topic and we have answered to the best of our ability, short of revealing the system. It doesn't matter how much more information we give you, you cannot judge the merits of the course unless you've bought it and read it. Someone might have made a million using the system last summer. That doesn't mean you are going to be able to do the same.

I've no idea how it performed over the summer; however, once I'd sorted the wheat from the chaff in this and other threads came to the conclusion that it may very well be of benefit in my own particular learning process. So I bought it! I read it in one sitting and found it to be of great use to ME.

Someone on this site (either Chartman or Mr Charts) drew an analogy with it being a bit like an A-Z. And for £53 or so you can't really go wrong.

So the decision tree is a bit like this:

1) Decide whether £53 is too much or not
2) If it's not to much then buy it and read it
3) Backtest the plan
4) Decide if it's for you or not
5) If you're happy with the back testing, trade the plan
6) If not, then don't

Even if you decide not to trade the plan, you'll still benefit because you'll have learned something.

... and as it says in the advertising blurb (and I paraphase) "past performance is no indication of what's going to happen the future"

... and I could start on the psychological issues of fear and greed ... but I won't!

If someone is actually trading this 60 min system, would you post at what time frame it performs best ?

ottos

It works with one-minutes charts the 60 Minutes is the maximum time spent trading daily, very often it is much less.

In much the same way as Jimmy1Jag above I also bought it having sifted through the pros & cons on various threads. Similarly, as it's quite short I read it in just one sitting (just the other day in fact). Though I didn't come across any emailing service in the purchase from 60minutetrader.com, anyhows... I found it to be quite brief & in places a bit scant on detail (particularly wrt to indicator detail, examples, etc.). In particular it assumes a bit of technical & software application knowledge (i.e. no hand-holding), which was fine for me but may be a stumbling block for a complete novice. All the same I found it quite interesting & although I would've preferred a more "meaty" & descriptive approach I would still recommend it from a potential/ cost-effective point of view.

I would stress however that I only very recently read the material & have not put anything into practice as of yet. In fact to be honest I bought it more out of curiousity due to some entrenched opinions for & against on other threads, which brought me to the conclusion that; you wont really know unless you try it for yourself, & at the price it was a case of sure feck-it.... Basically I was happy w/ the purchase!

ottos said:
If someone is unhappy with it and want to discuss it further, email me
You only want email from people who are _unhappy_ with it? Just from looking through this thread, it sounds like that's going to be a pretty small minority.

ctrimble said:
Anyone know if the 60 minute strategy could be used to trade the FTSE?

Test it on back data and see if the benefits justify the risk.

That said, there is lot less movement in the FTSE than elsewhere, which means fewer points available!

ctrimble said:
Anyone know if the 60 minute strategy could be used to trade the FTSE?
Will be interesting to see the author's reply to that, if he posts again. My guess is probably not, because the volatility just isn't there. I'd be thinking about the S&P and the Dax more than the FTSE (and even the Dax ain't what it used to be). What about the Russell 2000, though? That's supposed to be quite a candystore at the moment, innit?

I remember one of the posters on ADVFN who used to fade the open of the FTSE at £100 per point. He quite often had finished his work by 8:30am, making £500 or more but I also remember a time when he had lost £2,000 by 8:30am. Haven't seen him around for a while, I think he ended up selling his methods on a website.

Bigbusiness said:
I remember one of the posters on ADVFN who used to fade the open of the FTSE at £100 per point. He quite often had finished his work by 8:30am, making £500 or more but I also remember a time when he had lost £2,000 by 8:30am.

Which goes to show (yet again) how important the stop loss is.

I've just joined this group, and have read all the posts about the 60 minute trader. It has been mentioned that to make up to 1000% per annum, you would have to increase the amount that you traded each time until you would be risking quite a lot. However, I was wondering if this did work and you were able to build up your trading account, would you be able to buy or sell a lot of contracts at once? Is there a level at which you might , for example, find it difficult to get rid of all the contracts you were holding at the price you wanted? Or would you be able to trade as many contracts as you wanted?

There is always a limit on the contracts you can trade at the price you want...

This system trades in the first hour when the market is very liquid os I would imagine you could trade 10 contracts comfortably.

JonnyT

gjacques1 said:
:arrowr:
Ebay has the 60 minute trader for sale they are going for about £25-30 each. :D

Cheers

As it's an e-book are you entitled to re-sell it on e-Bay? Can't find one there myself. Not even in the recently completed items.
I'm interested in getting it. Not sure if it's available elsewhere for less than $97 though.

Edster

In my opinion this is a scam BIG TIME.
I bought the book based on the fact that it gives a 60day money back guarnatee.
"""So don’t delay …
Click on the order link NOW and take the fast-track
to your 60 minute Trader success
REFUND POLICY:
Oh! One more thing - If the manual doesn't contain everything promised here today - that this system shows you how to WIN, AT LEAST 75 TIMES OUT OF EVERY 100 - just contact us within 60 days for a 100% - no quibble refund.
Yes, that's right - I'm going to give you 60 RISK FREE days to check this out.
If I'm wrong - you've lost nothing
Thanks for your time and profitable investing..
Chris Kobewka""

after numerous emails asking for my money back
Terry Johnson (whoever he is) has flatly refused.

I have wealthlab (active member of forum) plus TS2000i and metatstock
Have been trading over 2 years and know how to program. I have checked it out and it is not a system I would use . There are over 50 like it for free on wealthlab forum. Unbeleivable that someone would have the audacity to charge money.
I admit I expected this when I bought it. What I didn't expect was a blunt refusal to refund.
They can claim as much as they want that it makes these numbers.

Anyway be warned. Another well promoted Trade2win scam, in my opinion.
Edit by frugi: It appears the refund was refused because roberk did not satisfy some of the terms and conditions, principally that of following the system exactly as instructed for 60 days.