Charts Only

Good day again.
Very likely to get a kicking tomorrow.
plus 57 pips on cable and another 30 between oil and YM

Attachments

• delcab.jpg
    delcab.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 144
theres no better feeling then making 158 pips whilst your sleeping, just woke up to see days range target achieved:clap:

would you believe i sleep with the laptop on the bed with charts open so if i wake up early i can check the trade without getting out of bed so i can go back to sleep. lol

anyway proper update when i get back on main pc.

black swan,

maybe over a pint 1 day if your uk based, maybe we will get trendie to come as well, he is also the secretive type.;)

summery,

I actually got stopped out on that long (swan was right too early) but i got back in at the same price + 1 pip set my target and went to bed, yesterday woke up to a loss when i did that, today a gain.

of course the last 2 trades was based purely on PA and my willingness to get back in at the same place after being stopped out.

total for day +102

apologies for earlier post made 138 on this trade not 152. misread it from the bed :eek:

Attachments

• trade 3 exit.gif
    trade 3 exit.gif
    27.2 KB · Views: 127
summery,

I actually got stopped out on that long (swan was right too early) but i got back in at the same price + 1 pip set my target and went to bed, yesterday woke up to a loss when i did that, today a gain.

of course the last 2 trades was based purely on PA and my willingness to get back in at the same place after being stopped out.

total for day +102

apologies for earlier post made 138 on this trade not 152. misread it from the bed :eek:
Nice work fella, I took 4 cable trades today (out of approx 30 on all pairs) cable gave up 50+, 40+, 10- and 50+, ...strange market, similar to yesterday, would like to shut up shop (set limits/ stops) at 4-4.30 but there's an extra shift to be had atm...

30 trades, that sounds like hard work, not sure i'd ever be doing that many tardes/pairs if not the entry have you got signal alerts set up or are you constantly eyeballing all the charts?

well done on the pips.

30 trades, that sounds like hard work, not sure i'd ever be doing that many tardes/pairs if not the entry have you got signal alerts set up or are you constantly eyeballing all the charts?

well done on the pips.

Hard work? Pfftt, easiest job in the world this buddy....:eek: When you break it down 25-30 trades over 8-9 hours is what, one every 20 minutes? Yes there's maintenance throughout the day, but that's a doddle tbh...

Yep, the charts are set up to scream at me when the conditions are met to trigger the alert...and I mean scream, the wav file is a *scream*...then the box pops up and I take aim and fire...which is another wav file of a 'wild west rifle' ricochet...;)

tbh I tried trading off 2 hr-4hr for the last 3 months of 2009 and Jan this year, it didn't work for me, profitable but...well just not me. So back to where I feel comfortable, 15-30 minutes.

30 trades will generally give up 15 winners, 15 losers and breakeven, some of the winners are tiny - 10-15 pips, some of the losses likewise...

Once I've got a more years under my belt I'll probably be more laid back...but for now I'm having a blast...:)

My reaction was the same as Vacos, Swan, 30 trades??!!
If you can cope, all well and good, and obviously, you're nett positive.
I consider myself under pressure if I take more than 2-3 trades per session per pair. Thats 8-12 trades a day. Good screenshot, Swan, with your trades marked. (y)

Dunno how many caught that blast upwards on the GU? I wasn't monitoring news, so missed it.
Seems like it was a good day for all.
I think I will take Vacos hint about being "secretive", and post a few live calls. ;)

theres no better feeling then making 158 pips whilst your sleeping, just woke up to see days range target achieved:clap:

would you believe i sleep with the laptop on the bed with charts open so if i wake up early i can check the trade without getting out of bed so i can go back to sleep. lol

anyway proper update when i get back on main pc.

black swan,

maybe over a pint 1 day if your uk based, maybe we will get trendie to come as well, he is also the secretive type.;)

I understand completely - planning to get the screen projected on my bedroom ceiling...

My reaction was the same as Vacos, Swan, 30 trades??!!
If you can cope, all well and good, and obviously, you're nett positive.
I consider myself under pressure if I take more than 2-3 trades per session per pair. Thats 8-12 trades a day. Good screenshot, Swan, with your trades marked. (y)

Dunno how many caught that blast upwards on the GU? I wasn't monitoring news, so missed it.
Seems like it was a good day for all.
I think I will take Vacos hint about being "secretive", and post a few live calls. ;)

hmmm....points noted :whistling. IMO this game is simply about probabilities, the probability is that if; x,y,z + a,b happens then I take the trade, no second guesses I'm in and 80-90% of the time it'll go in my favour, pretty much from the off. Less does not nec = more. May do if you're swing trading but tried that, then moved down to 2hr, then back to where I feel happiest...
Would like to half the pip rate/double the bank...it'll come in my own time...thanks...;)

of course were all right, its not one size fits all, its more like a tailered suit, each of us feels comfertable in a different style.

trade 1 -lots of news today so targets will be much smaller, expecting chop.

Attachments

• trade 1.gif
    trade 1.gif
    37.1 KB · Views: 168
closed for 16 and reversed

Attachments

• trade close trade 2 entry.gif
    trade close trade 2 entry.gif
    34.4 KB · Views: 145
closed for +38 just before the news, having intermittent internet probs, alpari working but pages not loading up, just rebooted router+modem so should be fixed otherwise i'm done for the day.

trade 3 entry

Attachments

• trade 2 close trade 3 entry.gif
    trade 2 close trade 3 entry.gif
    34.1 KB · Views: 133
closed -25

on reflection i should not have taken that trade too soon after the news release, next time will wait 1/2 an hour.

range is starting to get too directionless, it feels tight like it has to break out soon. I have to decide on a direction, stick with my short, stop and reverse or close and finnish for the day. at the moment the chart is not giving me any clues regardless of which tf i look at.

Attachments

• trade 4 indecision.gif
    trade 4 indecision.gif
    37.7 KB · Views: 136
decided to close for 65, i need a bite and a nap anyway.

days total 94

nooo too soon should have let it run i had a feeling we were gonna spike through the session lows and it looks like we will now.

oh well just be happy with my 94 no complaining now :whistling

Attachments

• trade 4 close.gif
    trade 4 close.gif
    35 KB · Views: 130