Charts Only

trade 3 out +11 feeling a BE stop may have been a better idea, may re-enter.

Attachments

• trade 3 exit.gif
    trade 3 exit.gif
    22.9 KB · Views: 147
trade 4 back in long (feel i was been a bit too cautious with moving my sl up, possibly due to the first two trades getting chopped about.

Attachments

• trade 4.gif
    trade 4.gif
    28.8 KB · Views: 150
Vaco, nice thread.
I don't know how to display charts, but your examples here are a bit difficult to see - I mean numbers are bit difficult to read. Thanks for going through a trouble displaying charts, but can you make them easier to see?

click on the chart twice and you should get it in a browser page of its own, if its still too small hold ctrl and scroll in with your mouse wheel.

trade 4 out -17

(that serves as a reminder not to drop below 15min charts as thts what made me feel i got out prematurely and got me back in.)

Anyway time for a break try to come back re-focused.

Attachments

• trade 4 so.gif
    trade 4 so.gif
    28.3 KB · Views: 145
trade 5...the fact that its my 5th trade and i haven't gotten anywhere should tell me that conditions are less then perfect.

Attachments

• trade 5.gif
    trade 5.gif
    29 KB · Views: 152
so -10

trade 6 on last one for me today stop is in target is set i'm going to bed will see how it went when i get up.

Attachments

• trade 6.gif
    trade 6.gif
    27.2 KB · Views: 152
stopped out -54 for the day.

hope some you had better luck.

stopped out -54 for the day.

hope some you had better luck.

Good thread.
I think i mentioned to you before that i tend to do well when you guys dont, and when you do well, i get creamed! Im plus 57 pips today. Wish i could put my finger on why that is. I think im better on 'choppy' days? How would you describe todays market conditions? Do you always do worse in conditions such as this?

hmmm, well friday was choppy but with big swings so i did well today was choppy over a much smaller range and as i'm generelly aiming for 40+ from each trade i get caught out.

Also my indicator is designed for a trend following system so days like today leave it vulnerable, which leaves me vulnerable.

However I'm confident that the week will improve and its just a case of sticking it out.

makes sense. I tend to do well on the more 'boring' days, where i guess it a bit choppy and not a huge range.
In not great at jumping on a trend, whereas I guess most of the methods used here are more trend following methods. I read that the market ranges more than it trends, although i think i need to work on my trend catching methods to feel more at ease.
Good luck tomorrow.

Yo Vaco, where are ya bud, 50 pips cable short from approx 8 this morning?

couldn't get on to t2w this morning, was tempted by that short, looked good on m30 but i was very bullish for the day so passed up.

took a long off of m5 (again when will i learn) and got stopped for -16 just entered long now again looks good on m30

funnily not had any triggers from my dots so really i should have 0 trades for the day so far.

Attachments

• trade 1.gif
    trade 1.gif
    29.1 KB · Views: 157
  • trade 2.gif
    trade 2.gif
    25.9 KB · Views: 162
Swan,
what was your entry /stop prices on that last post ???
Thanks in advace.

took it just after 8am, entry 15630, stop was only 40 pips (approx) normally it'd be the highest high of the session, which would have only been 20 pips, but wanted to *protect* versus a spike. Set a limit for 50 pips...which is what I look to take out of each pair I trade each day/or 24 hrs...

couldn't get on to t2w this morning, was tempted by that short, looked good on m30 but i was very bullish for the day so passed up.

took a long off of m5 (again when will i learn) and got stopped for -16 just entered long now again looks good on m30

funnily not had any triggers from my dots so really i should have 0 trades for the day so far.

IMO that long is blob on, bit too early for me according to my rules...

you will have to share those with us at some point;)

we can have that discussion some time bud, not on an open forum though...anyhow my rules triggered cable long at 15592...

apologies, that should have been 15598, (inculding spread, GS + slight slippage as trigger pulled)