Cashmaster PIE

I have long been on the fence with PIE, until I read this thread and hunted out information online about options trading. There is truly a wealth of information out there without the need to spend £3000. I have used a couple of sites to learn about options and purchased BOSE ebook. Once you understand the fundamentals of options trading you then need to look at strategies. I currently run a few different strategies accross a couple of demo accounts and I'm reasonably happy with how it's going. There are a few hints in this thread about how PIE works, I think I have a reasonable idea, but will never know as I haven't purchased it. But I'm very happy to have taught myself about options trading.
Alternatively you can pay the money and see if you think it is value for money.

There are a wealth of strategies out there. Some are overly complicated than they need be. If you want to cover your course costs quickly and start making a monthly return then PIE is an option for those with £30K + It does not require a lot of thought either if you are new to options.
@Koru -send me a pm, I am selling my copy.

pie sale

There are a wealth of strategies out there. Some are overly complicated than they need be. If you want to cover your course costs quickly and start making a monthly return then PIE is an option for those with £30K + It does not require a lot of thought either if you are new to options.
@Koru -send me a pm, I am selling my copy.

You still got this to sell?:whistling

Hello So whats the conclusion i saw in the beginning a lot of negativity has anyone bought the product how is it?Is it risk free can it make 17-20% a year?
Thank you

Hello i`ve read some of the previous posts but they are confusing as with any product.Some say its good some say its bad

Just to avoid any confusion, Mark Rose from the publishing company of PIE is now using two usernames on here: Traders Bulletin and mrmcrose. Wonder if he's been posting and answering his own questions on his 'impartial' PIE review website?

The fact that he was clearly rumbled as a liar and someone who can't be trusted obviously has nothing to do with it ��
Perhaps he should stay on his own website as he just makes a fool of himself on here.

Happy New Year the rest of you out there.

Hi Becks,

Sorry if this caused confusion, I just logged in by mistake using my personal account (which I've had since Aug 2006) rather than my company account (traders bulletin - since Feb 2013).

Without getting into yet another row on this forum I would like to correct a couple of points.

My company does not publish PIE. I went on the course and post my monthly my results, warts and all on the tradersbulletin website.

We do act as an affiliate for PIE, as we do for lots of strategies that we promote if they produce profits for us during our review.

No I do not post answers to my own questions on the tradersbulletin site.

And once again for the controversial bit.

We had permission to use Simon's testimonials. We asked the creators of PIE to contact Simon to request this permission, which they did and permission was received. Hopefully this should show that we take seriously getting permission to use testimonials and that we aren't just making them up.

When we asked, we were told that the small losing month Simon had had was due to a staking error, which is why we posted this comment. When Simon contacted us directly and told us this was not the case and asked us to take down any comments relating to his performance, we did so. At all points we acted in good faith.

There would be no sense in us going to the effort of requesting testimonials to then purposely alter them. If this was the way we were going to behave it would be much simpler to just make the testimonials up in the first place.

Regards,

Mark Rose

P.S. I will post any new/additional comments using the traders bulletin account.

Oh God the lying runt is back with us!

You seem to have a habit of making 'mistakes', non of then your fault of course. You used a second account and we all know why

1. I gave permission for the PIE operators to use my testimonials NOT you and certainly not to use in a blog, then twist and make things up and then ignore my responses.

2. According to Paul at PIE it wasn't them who said that I made an error with my staking, it was YOU!

3. I contacted you a couple of times asking you to remove my details, but you completely ignored me!!! It was only when I complained to Paul that you finally removed anything to do with me and the lies that you made.

You are a deceitful liar and not a very good one at that. I don't believe anything you say

Hi Becks,

Sorry if this caused confusion, I just logged in by mistake using my personal account (which I've had since Aug 2006) rather than my company account (traders bulletin - since Feb 2013).

Without getting into yet another row on this forum I would like to correct a couple of points.

My company does not publish PIE. I went on the course and post my monthly my results, warts and all on the tradersbulletin website.

We do act as an affiliate for PIE, as we do for lots of strategies that we promote if they produce profits for us during our review.

No I do not post answers to my own questions on the tradersbulletin site.

And once again for the controversial bit.

We had permission to use Simon's testimonials. We asked the creators of PIE to contact Simon to request this permission, which they did and permission was received. Hopefully this should show that we take seriously getting permission to use testimonials and that we aren't just making them up.

When we asked, we were told that the small losing month Simon had had was due to a staking error, which is why we posted this comment. When Simon contacted us directly and told us this was not the case and asked us to take down any comments relating to his performance, we did so. At all points we acted in good faith.

There would be no sense in us going to the effort of requesting testimonials to then purposely alter them. If this was the way we were going to behave it would be much simpler to just make the testimonials up in the first place.

Regards,

Mark Rose

P.S. I will post any new/additional comments using the traders bulletin account.

Oh God the lying runt is back with us!

You seem to have a habit of making 'mistakes', non of then your fault of course. You used a second account and we all know why

1. I gave permission for the PIE operators to use my testimonials NOT you and certainly not to use in a blog, then twist and make things up and then ignore my responses.

2. According to Paul at PIE it wasn't them who said that I made an error with my staking, it was YOU!

3. I contacted you a couple of times asking you to remove my details, but you completely ignored me!!! It was only when I complained to Paul that you finally removed anything to do with me and the lies that you made.

You are a deceitful liar and not a very good one at that. I don't believe anything you say

Hi Simon,

Firstly, please can we keep it civil.

I know I am on a hiding to nothing in trying to convince you I acted in good faith, but I did and do and will continue to try and prove this to you.

You're right I do make a fair few mistakes which are, by definition, all my fault. I also own up to them when I do.

I don't think logging into a site on my personal account (used just twice incidentally since 2006) rather than using the tradersbulletin account is such a terrible crime?

If I was trying to hide who I was, I wouldn't have used an account with my surname in my username!

For the post in question it would have been much more to my advantage to use the tradersbulletin account as this refers to our site.

All the post referred to was my PIE result for the month (something I would have wanted to post under tradersbulletin), there was nothing in the post that I would want to hide from anybody. In fact the opposite is true.

Obviously we are covering old ground, but;

1, We specifically asked Paul to contact you on our behalf to see if we could use your testimonial. Paul did this at our request, but referred to us as "their promoters" in his communication with you. Paul received an email reply from you confirming this was ok and therefore Paul told us we could go ahead and use the testimonial. This seems quite clear cut to me?

If necessary I can probably dig out the email trail relating to this.

We have now put further safeguards in place in that we ask that we are referred to by name, plus will contact the provider of testimonials directly wherever possible.

I understand that you didn't realise the request Paul made for his promoter to use your testimonial had come from us, but I think this has been shown to be true. I accept our procedures could/should have been a bit tighter, but I think it has been proven that we did make the request, which Paul then made of you on our behalf and you did email him back to say that it was ok.

I don't really understand what the issue is about us posting your testimonial on our review page for PIE as a comment? This is how we keep our readers updated on the performance of the strategy.

I saw your testimonial, asked if we could use it and then posted it on the PIE review page on our site. I really didn't think this was in anyway controversial?

2, As I have said before there is no point in us going to the effort of requesting permission to use a testimonial to then alter it. It would be much easier to just make one up in the first place.

I believed the reason for your losing month was because you had not increased your stake to hedge a trade, I accept this was wrong.

If I remember correctly it was only a small anomaly in an otherwise very successful trading history?

3, I did respond to your emails and I have made many efforts to prove this to you. I think it's ironic that it is you who taught me how to tamper with the times that emails show as sent!

I understand you are very cynical about this.

I did send you two emails in response to those you sent me. I was also contacted by another member of this forum to whom I replied that "I must be having communication issues with you as i had sent you two emails already, but would try again" (this is not a direct quote).

This email was sent prior to communication from Paul and can/could have been collaborated as true, if you were prepared to contact the contributor in question? (sorry to be vague here, but without digging back through all our previous correspondence, I can't actually remember who this was, but will double check if you would like me to).

Your initial emails wanted us to take down your testimonial as you believed we hadn't requested permission to use them. I was sure we had and wanted to confirm this with you, which is what I tried to do in the two emails I sent to you.

After making contact with you and proving that Paul had requested your permission, you still wanted us to take the comments down, so this is what we did.

I realise there is nothing new in what I have said above and I am unlikely to change your opinions, but will continue to try.

Regards,

Mark Rose

I have zero respect for liars like you. Why not change your name to Billy Liar

As I have repeatedly said many times before, to use my results on a blog site is NOT marketing, but one big propaganda exercise, especially when I had NO right of reply to your unprofessional, idiotic comments concerning the loss I made. This is the very blog which you control and censor people’s comments about PIE that you don’t like which is completely different from a proper marketing campaign.

You knew nothing about the context of my loss so you decided to make it all up. you're unbelievable.

At one point you even tried to deny you posted one comment until I pointed out that it was posted under your name.

How can you expect people to believe and trust you when you lie and make things up to suit your own agenda! It wouldn't surprsie me at all if you did pull other stunts on your blog as well as censoring replies, making things up.

I did NOT receive one email from you at all and I never have! You claim to have 'sent' two emails to me but it was only on complaining to Paul about your dodgy antics that you decided to do something about it.

Even then you still never emailed me, it was someone else in your office who responded after Paul got in touch and it was then you started telling everyone you'd tried to contact me and invented an email chain which any moron can do.

If I asked you to remove all references to my trades, why didn’t you? Why did you want to confirm this when I had asked twice? But I think you just made up the “wanted to confirm with you” as a poor excuse as to why you did nothing in the first place and just ignored my requests.

I bet you're one of those people that says "my cheque is in the post I definitely sent it" when the reality is completely different and only a small % of mail actually does get lost in the post and it's usually the sender that's at fault for not putting the right address on the letter, no stamp, ineligible writing or not posting the cheque in the first place. Catch my drift here?!

I'm going to get in touch with Paul and withdraw my support for PIE, I've had enough of runts like you

Last edited:
I have zero respect for liars like you. Why not change your name to Billy Liar

As I have repeatedly said many times before, to use my results on a blog site is NOT marketing, but one big propaganda exercise, especially when I had NO right of reply to your unprofessional, idiotic comments concerning the loss I made. This is the very blog which you control and censor people’s comments about PIE that you don’t like which is completely different from a proper marketing campaign.

You knew nothing about the context of my loss so you decided to make it all up. you're unbelievable.

At one point you even tried to deny you posted one comment until I pointed out that it was posted under your name.

How can you expect people to believe and trust you when you lie and make things up to suit your own agenda! It wouldn't surprsie me at all if you did pull other stunts on your blog as well as censoring replies, making things up.

I did NOT receive one email from you at all and I never have! You claim to have 'sent' two emails to me but it was only on complaining to Paul about your dodgy antics that you decided to do something about it.

Even then you still never emailed me, it was someone else in your office who responded after Paul got in touch and it was then you started telling everyone you'd tried to contact me and invented an email chain which any moron can do.

If I asked you to remove all references to my trades, why didn’t you? Why did you want to confirm this when I had asked twice? But I think you just made up the “wanted to confirm with you” as a poor excuse as to why you did nothing in the first place and just ignored my requests.

I bet you're one of those people that says "my cheque is in the post I definitely sent it" when the reality is completely different and only a small % of mail actually does get lost in the post and it's usually the sender that's at fault for not putting the right address on the letter, no stamp, ineligible writing or not posting the cheque in the first place. Catch my drift here?!

I'm going to get in touch with Paul and withdraw my support for PIE, I've had enough of runts like you

Hi Simon,

I still don't understand why posting a testimonial as a comment on our site is a bad thing and why you don't consider it to be marketing? I understand that you are unhappy about this now, but at the time had no idea that posting a testimonial (after receiving permission to do so) on our site along the lines of, "here's a testimonial from a chap who has been trading PIE for over a year" would cause any offence?

Obviously it wasn't meant to.

You'll need to remind me about the post you say I denied making? I honestly can't remember this (it is all over a year ago now).

The reason I keep coming back here is because I haven't lied to you. Our last communications on the topic are buried back on page 12 and from a commercial point of view, letting sleeping dogs lie would seem the most sensible approach, however I don't like being accused of things that did not happen, or having my motivation questioned. Whilst on the subject, could we drop the references to my height? For the record I am a little over the average height for a British male of my age.

I believe you when you say you didn’t receive an email from me, the issue is trying to get you to accept that I did send them to you. If nothing else, why wouldn’t I reply to you?

I think getting somebody else to contact you (because I realised I wasn’t getting through) was the sensible thing to do. I’d already sent you an email that hadn’t arrived, what would you do in this situation?

If I remember correctly, I think the email my colleague sent you included a copy of the email I had sent you?

This is pretty strong evidence that I had sent the emails to you. Or do you think I have asked a colleague in the office to lie to you too?

I communicated with another member on this forum saying my emails aren’t getting through prior to receiving an email from Paul. I have asked a colleague in the office to try to get in touch with you because I’ve been unable to, by the way she is happy to confirm that she was aware that I was having communication issues with you prior to me receiving an email from Paul as we had discussed if we had permission to use your testimonial, as getting permission to use testimonials is something she manages. There isn’t any logical reason why I wouldn’t reply to you, especially as you were wrong and we had requested and been given permission to use your testimonial. I have taken a screenshot of my outbox showing you the emails, plus offered to send you a video or for you to come and check for yourself. The truth is I did send you the emails and the evidence supports this.

You sent me am email saying I didn’t have permission to use your testimonial, so you wanted me to take them down. I did have permission and so replied to you saying I did and was waiting to hear back from you. You emailed again 6 days or so later stating the same thing and I replied again.

I don’t think it is unreasonable to want to speak to you about your emails prior to taking down the testimonials. The jist of your email was saying we didn’t have permission to use them, when actually we did. I wanted to clarify this with you, If I’m correct from receiving your first email to taking down the testimonial took about 10 days?

The first 6 of these I was waiting for a response from you to my email. Your second email to me reinstated the facts of the first and is what made me realise you hadn’t received my initial response, so we weren’t any further forward and I still wanted to explain to you that we had requested permission to use your testimonial from Paul and this had been received.

It was such a good testimonial (which are very hard to come by) that I had hoped you would allow us to keep it on our site once you realised we had asked and been given permission to use it. I’d also still be interested to know how you have got on since, especially over the August Sept 2015 period?

One question I do have for you. I know that the times of emails can be altered, but would they have had to been sent to be able to do this? Our previous spats have focused on the fact that sending you a screenshot of my outbox isn’t proof as the times can be altered, but can you alter the time stamp on an email that hasn’t been sent at all? If not, would this not prove they were sent to you, if not proving the time they were sent?

I don’t know why my email didn’t arrive with you, it could well have been my fault, but it was written and sent as normal.

I had thought you had withdrawn your support for PIE already, or at least you said you were going to about a year ago? I’m glad if you didn’t and would ask that you don’t. I’m not trying to insult or annoy you and this is not personal for me. I do want to prove that I have told you the truth.

Regards,

Mark

P.S. I can’t remember the last time I sent a cheque in the post, I do all my banking online these days.

Billy Liar I like it :clap: Nice one Simon and I think you're being too polite, Rose is a lying scumbag it's a disgrace what that cretin has done.

Anyone reading these posts will no doubt have come to similar conclusions and I'd recommend you stay clear of Mark Rose and Thames publishing for the lies alone.

In addition PIE as operated by Rose isn't investing, it's gambling and nothing more. This guy could seriously damage your wealth if you follow him and get you into all sorts of mess.

PIE itself is fundamentally flawed in two main areas, which have been discussed on this board by the sensible posters on here and if you follow the manual verbatim, chances are you'll come a cropper sooner or later.

For that reason do as I did and buy the manual secondhand on here and save yourself a fortune and read the posts on here to pickup some very useful tips indeed.

Some of you will probably have worked out what the PIE system is all about, but trust me the magic formula for getting you out of a tricky situation is a joke and won't always work and then you get the losses. The solution? Simple, avoid the situation in the first place.

B

Last edited:
Becks100.

I'll point out again PIE is not my strategy. I didn't create it, I don’t publish it and I don't run it.

I attended the PIE course (as Simon did) and I reviewed the system. I also post my monthly results warts and all. If you actually read my report on PIE (which I'm presuming you haven't) you would see that last August/Sept I had a very torrid time trading PIE and have pulled no punches about this.

Since then results have been very good, in fact as today is the option expiry date and for the sake of interest, here are my results.

Based on £3500 pot for each £10 staked (this is the recommendation from Glynn) my FTSE trade returned 8.34%.

Based on £4000 pot for each £10 staked (this is the recommendation from Glynn) my DAX trade returned 9.87%.

These returns are larger than normal as trades were opened just post the EU referendum, with higher volatility.

All trading is gambling to some degree of other, be this buying stocks for your pension or spread betting currencies.

Trading options is classified as high risk and you wouldn't get returns like those I've posted above if you weren't willing to take on some risk to your capital.

Regards,

Mark

Never said you created, run it publish it etc. But I'm sure you do get some sort of kickback from the PIE owners for promoting it, despite your lies

I have seen your blog site and quite frankfully you are gambling not investing. You're a chancer and I would advise people to stay away from your site as gambling like you do is dangerous.

I couldn't care less what trades you do or allegedly do, but stick to your own website and not invade other sites with your bulls*** and lies, you simply can't be trusted.

Becks100.

I'll point out again PIE is not my strategy. I didn't create it, I don’t publish it and I don't run it.

I attended the PIE course (as Simon did) and I reviewed the system. I also post my monthly results warts and all. If you actually read my report on PIE (which I'm presuming you haven't) you would see that last August/Sept I had a very torrid time trading PIE and have pulled no punches about this.

Since then results have been very good, in fact as today is the option expiry date and for the sake of interest, here are my results.

Based on £3500 pot for each £10 staked (this is the recommendation from Glynn) my FTSE trade returned 8.34%.

Based on £4000 pot for each £10 staked (this is the recommendation from Glynn) my DAX trade returned 9.87%.

These returns are larger than normal as trades were opened just post the EU referendum, with higher volatility.

All trading is gambling to some degree of other, be this buying stocks for your pension or spread betting currencies.

Trading options is classified as high risk and you wouldn't get returns like those I've posted above if you weren't willing to take on some risk to your capital.

Regards,

Mark

Last edited:
My site (and in the main, this one for that matter) is aimed at people who are interested in trading currencies, indices, commodities, option etc.

Most likely via spread betting, CFD's or Direct Market Access.

This is higher risk than traditional investing (buying shares or bonds etc) and not everybody is comfortable with the additional risks this involves and many, like you, believe this is more akin to gambling than trading.

Each week I post a free educational material, plus update strategy reviews.

Below is a taste of the content I posted last week, I'm afraid I don't think I will be able to post the images that went along with this, but you will get the general idea of what we do.

I'm pretty sure from the responses I get that many people find this information useful.

Regards,

Mark Rose

-----------------------------------------------------------
My 4 best momentum indicators

Traders talk a lot about momentum … and there is a huge arsenal of tools they can use to measure it. There are momentum indicators that measure the price relative to the previous close … the price relative to the range … the price relative to the moving average … relative to the range …

How on earth do we know which are the right momentum indicators to use?

Here I’ll show you my top 4 momentum indicators, along with tips on how to apply each.

But first, a quick briefing on oscillators, and what goes wrong with them (so we won’t be making this basic momentum error) …

The overbought/oversold market pendulum – and the wrong way to use momentum indicators

If you’re familiar with a momentum indicator, you’re probably thinking of an oscillator – a line on your chart that wavers between two points. If the line is above the centre line, it implies that there’s momentum building in an upward direction … if it’s below it’s centre line, it implies there’s momentum building in a downward direction.

But when it comes to the top of its range, the reading will be ‘overbought’; if it’s at the bottom of its range, the reading will be ‘oversold’. This is where the market is considered to have moved ‘too far, too fast’, and a correction is due.

Here is a momentum indicator showing momentum increasing, and decreasing in line with price trends, and peaking at overbought and oversold levels …

Using simple overbought/oversold readings is really blunt instrument, because as soon as a trend gets going, we can be stuck in overbought or oversold conditions …

And this is why we need to be a bit smart about choosing the right momentum tool for our trading style, and applying it correctly.

Which brings me to my top four …

1. Stochastic Oscillator

The Stochastic is a favourite oscillator for many traders, and is generally considered to be a good tool for getting into trending markets at the right moment.

Let’s look at a market in a nice trend …

Looks like there should be some profits to be had from this trend … but have we missed the boat? How do we hop into this trend safely?

Cue the Stochastic indicator …

This tells us that NOW is the good moment to buy into this trend. And here’s what happens …

By watching the ebb and flow of momentum during a trend, you can better judge your entries and exits.

2. RSI

The RSI and Stochastics look very similar, and are often used in much the same way by traders. However, the principles behind them are surprisingly different.

The Stochastic indicator is based on closing prices – and works on the assumption that the current closing price is likely to close closer to it’s highs in an uptrend, and closer to lows in a downtrend.

In contrast, the RSI measures the speed of price movements.

There are plenty of traders who’ll argue the merits of one over the other, so here’ my two-cents worth …

For me, the RSI is more suited to finding overbought/oversold or divergence in range-bound markets, while Stochastics are better for pinpointing an entry in trending markets. There’s no hard and fast rule here – they are both great indications, with weaknesses and strengths of their own.

Here’s RSI at work in a clear trading channel … When the price butts up against resistance and we have an overbought signal, then we have an opportunity to profit from a sell trade. When the price meets resistance at the bottom of the channel, combined with an oversold signal, then we have a buying opportunity.

3. MACD

If you’ve ever used moving averages on your charts, you’ll know that sometimes they shoot off with a clear direction, and other times they meander along, failing to give you a clear indication of which way the market is moving.

It’s the frustration of the trend trader – is this trend strong enough, or going nowhere?

This is where a MACD reaches parts that a normal moving average can’t … it measures the rate that the moving average is changing – telling us just how powerful a move is.

The MACD can be used in lots of ways – the most basic being to take crossovers of the two lines as a buy or sell signal …

But I want to show you a slightly less conventional way to use this indicator … It just looks at the histogram, and will only take trades when the histogram size is large enough to indicate clear momentum in a given direction.

To do this, I draw a channel on the histogram, and will buy if the histogram breaks this channel to the upside (taking profits when it comes back within the channel); and I’ll sell when the histogram breaks the channel to the downside (again, taking profits when it comes back within the channel) …

Of course, getting the size of the channel right is what’s tough here – it’ll depend on the volatility of the market you’re trading. But this is a tool it’s well worth having a play around with.

4. Candlesticks

Strictly speaking, maybe candlesticks aren’t an indicator in their own right, but what better way to picture the ‘uppy-downy’ nature (that’s a technical term) of the markets than watching what the candlesticks are doing.

Let’s put it bluntly – if we see a series of massive long green candles, we know there’s some upward momentum in the market. That’s why traders use candlestick charts, rather than line charts – they give us a great picture of momentum and its implied volume.

It’s as simple an indicator of momentum as you can get, and I’m always a fan of keeping things simple.

I’ve been in conversation this week with Glynn about spread betting PIE, particularly about the margin/pot size required.

The pot recommended by Glynn for spread betting PIE when trading the FTSE has been £3500 per £10 staked.

The pot recommended by Glynn for spread betting PIE when trading the Dax has been £4000 per £10 staked.

These have both now been brought in line with the margin requirements to trade PIE using Direct Market Access (£5200)

This will have the effect of bringing the % returns from either method pretty much in line with each other - Until now because of the smaller pot size the % returns from spread betting were always better, even though they were essentially the same trade.

The advantage of spread betting is that your profits are tax free and you can trade from £2 a point – this would require a pot of £1040.

Minimum account size with Interactive Brokers is £10,000 by comparison.

Regards,

Mark Rose

*************** WEALTH WARNING **************************

What you are trying to promote and flog on here and your dodgy site is nothing more than gambling and for people with little or no experience of spread betting, this is very, very Risky and dangerous indeed.

I would urge people to ignore your posts and your website and take everything you say with a pinch of salt. The guy is a liar.

Folks if you are tempted by 40% 50% returns like that being talked about, stay well clear from people like Billy Liar aka Mark Rose, Traders Bulletin, if you have no or limited experience of SB. for everyone else, proceed with caution, it is gambling and a lot riskier than direct market access.

Also ask yourselves, why is he constantly banging on about it like a bad smell? For every mug that he manages to con into signing up for the PIE course he'll get a tasty kickback from the PIE founders, what are we talking, 20%, 30% more? £600, £900?

If you are desperate to get your hands on PIE, read the posts on this board which should give you enough of a clue and if still puzzled/curious like I was, then buy the manual from someone on here for a few hundred £.

PIE can work if executed properly and the manual is actually flawed in certain aspects, which I think has been touched upon by other posters. And remember PIE is NOT risk free which the pIE founders and Billy Liar claim it to be

*************** WEALTH WARNING *************************

I’ve been in conversation this week with Glynnabout spread betting PIE, particularly about the margin/pot size required.

The pot recommended by Glynn for spread betting PIE when trading the FTSE has been £3500 per £10 staked.

The pot recommended by Glynn for spread betting PIE when trading the Dax has been £4000 per £10 staked.

These have both now been brought in line with the margin requirements to trade PIE using Direct Market Access (£5200)

This will have the effect of bringing the % returns from either method pretty much in line with each other - Until now because of the smaller pot size the % returns from spread betting were always better, even though they were essentially the same trade.

The advantage of spread betting is that your profits are tax free and you can trade from £2 a point – this would require a pot of £1040.

Minimum account size with Interactive Brokers is £10,000 by comparison.

Regards,

Mark Rose

Hi Becks 100,

I think we have established that you think spread betting is gambling. Respectfully, I'll disagree with that.

I think you're right that spread betting PIE is riskier than DMA, but I don't think I've ever said anything to the contrary? Certainly Glynn and Paul prefer the DMA approach.

My last post on here about PIE (and I think it would be best, seeing as this is a thread about PIE, that we tried to keep on topic) was actually explaining how the pot size required to trade PIE via spread betting has increased and therefore the % returns from spread betting PIE will now be lower and more akin to those you get from DMA.

This has removed one of the major advantages of going down the spread bet route. As you could utalise a smaller trading pot, the % returns were better.

The advantage of spread betting are;

You can trade from £2 a pot, requiring a £1040 pot. Compared to DMA, which requires a minimum account of £10k

Your profits are tax free.

The disadvantages are;

Margin requirements can increase steeply, if the trades move against you.

Spread bet brokers can increase their spreads in times of volatility.

Spread bet brokers may only offer a limited number of strike prices compared to DMA.

What I am attempting to do on this tread is join a conversation about a strategy that I have been trading and posting my monthly performance figures, warts and all, for 2 years. I have checked through every post I have written and don't think I have ever said trading PIE is risk free, in fact I have gone into some detail about the difficult situation and high risk situation I found myself in trading PIE this time last year.

As you trading the strategy? If so, maybe you could post some of your results here too?

Regards,

Mark Rose

Look Billy Liar, stick to your own website, you're on here purely to promote your 'services' and earn big commission from signing up mugs to the PIE scheme.

People on here aren't interested in liars like you, stick to your own site

If anybody hasn't worked out what the 'magic solution' is to dealing with trades that have gone badly wrong, let me know and you can have it for free. Trust me, there's no miracle involved here

Last edited:
Today is option expiry day and both my FTSE and DAX trades have closed for a profit. I think this is 13 profitable months in a row.

I'm now basing my returns on a trading pot of £5200 per instrument per £10 staked as this is the new recommendation from Glynn - it used to be £3500 for the FTSE and £4000 for the DAX, but Glynn decided to bring the pot requirements in line with the requirements if trading Direct Market Access (Interactive Brokers or Saxo).

The bigger pot size is going to mean the % returns will now be smaller.

Based on the £5200 pot my return on the FTSE trade was 1.75% (£91) and my DAX trade returned 4.08% (£212).

These are real results traded on an IG spread betting account.

I will be looking to take some new positions early next week.

If anybody else has been following the strategy, it would be great to hear how you have been getting on.

Regards,

Mark Rose

my view of PIE

Came across this forum a couple of months ago, as I like to keep in touch with opinions about the PIE trading strategy. Disappointingly I find this forum quite negative on the whole and it does not help that a few posters are quite abusive which really isn't necessary. However, I feel compelled to post here as I do not feel like a “mug” just because I went on the course and bought the PIE system.

Believe me, I was very sceptical about their claims that you could make 20% or more a year and it only takes 10 minutes a month - all with very little risk. However I carried out my due diligence and decided to try the course– well I'm glad I did.

I have been trading using the PIE system for 6 months now, and don't regret it for a minute. Currently I find my returns are similar to those of Simonh88, ie around 18% (annualised). I have already made back my 3K investment, and more. So I don't feel like a “mug”, in fact I think I would have felt more of a mug if I had left my money invested in a bank or building society earning around 1%. I have in the past traded forex using various systems but in the long run they all lost me money (and some of them involve spending much of the day staring at the screen). PIE is the only system that has consistently made good returns with no losses (though I accept it is still fairly early days).

Taking your position each month does only take 10 minutes, and the claimed returns are in the region of 20%. There is some risk to your capital so I minimise this by regularly checking the FTSE. Also, I only trade the FTSE as it is less volatile than the DAX, and I do not spread bet, I use direct market access through IB. This is because your margin requirements are less volatile, and you collect your premium immediately instead of at the end of your trading period (which could be 2 or 3 months down the line).

So to open minded people thinking about going on the course, I would say give it serious consideration. Yes, you might be able to pick up the manual on the cheap, but in my opinion it is no substitute for going on the course and getting first hand tuition from Paul and Glynn. This includes using the IB trading platform which is not newbie friendly. In addition, Paul and Glynn guide you through opening an account with IB which is not straightforward and they continue to give prompt support should you have any queries.