Anyone trading Dubai Strategies?

I'd counter Don by saying there's a mug born every minute :)

I refuse to be drawn to the level of the negativity club members.
Their 1 aim in life seems to be to ridicule and insult people who are willing to take a chance on proven strategies need I say more.:sleep:

I refuse to be drawn to the level of the negativity club members.
Their 1 aim in life seems to be to ridicule and insult people who are willing to take a chance on proven strategies need I say more.:sleep:

Can you see what you did there? You did it earlier in the thread too...;)

I've got nothing versus mechanical systems I am a living breathing automoton; identifying the same patterns, repeating the corresponding trigger action, day after day, month after month.., so who am I too criticise? If it works, and you're able to bypass all the *learning* and stuff, then good on ya..don't think you can but there ya go, no skin of my nose. If these systems spike an intellectual curiosity for trading then all's good...:)

A sensible comment from BS who has a healthy degree of scepticism. I totally agree on the need to learn, to identify patterns and trends and trade without emotion. In the early days the mechanical systems helped me take the emotion out - some were downright garbage and went back; some evoked thought, investigation and further research. Am I a competent trader - absolutely no way, still a pure beginner with an appetite and hunger to learn, but please all the other negative posters don't brand me a mug, fool, whatever as you know nothing about me.

A willingness to learn, go into things with your eyes wide open and don't believe in the holy grail as not even monty python could find it (or did they - I can't remember). I think I'd rather take a system with a decent money back guarantee and put in place a good diary note to get it back than a book that I can get no refund on; and there are some turgid books. Learning is by doing and acting, replicating success and so what if a system gives you that - does Dubai Strats - I've no idea yet but I'm certainly looking at things from different perspectives ......... and that can only enhance my skill set

Last edited:
I've got nothing versus mechanical systems I am a living breathing automoton; identifying the same patterns, repeating the corresponding trigger action, day after day, month after month.., so who am I too criticise? If it works, and you're able to bypass all the *learning* and stuff, then good on ya..don't think you can but there ya go, no skin of my nose. If these systems spike an intellectual curiosity for trading then all's good...:)

The first constructive comment I've seen from someone who has mostly sat under a bridge and leapt on any glimmer of positive comment about this system.

I paid my £347 for AutoFocusFX and have been trading it on a practice account since. I'm really pleased with the results so far, but appreciate it may not be for everyone.

Reviewing all 21 pages of this thread I'm saddened by how little constructive debate there's been about the validity of this system. Instead the whole thing rapidly degenerates into character assassinations.

Perhaps a more pro-active approach to topic moderation would keep these discussions on track.

I hope my comments don't provoke the usual suspects to jump on me. Just my thoughts.

The first constructive comment I've seen from someone who has mostly sat under a bridge and leapt on any glimmer of positive comment about this system.

I paid my £347 for AutoFocusFX and have been trading it on a practice account since. I'm really pleased with the results so far, but appreciate it may not be for everyone.

Reviewing all 21 pages of this thread I'm saddened by how little constructive debate there's been about the validity of this system. Instead the whole thing rapidly degenerates into character assassinations.

Perhaps a more pro-active approach to topic moderation would keep these discussions on track.

I hope my comments don't provoke the usual suspects to jump on me. Just my thoughts.
troyresearch
its quite heartening to see a positive comment about the system in amongst all the negativity.
I am waiting for mine to arrive but have a good feeling about it so hopefully I will be giving it a thumbs up.
If its not for me I have got 45 days to return it.
To be called a mug for buying it is sad really especially coming from a sad person who has not even bought it.
If we could ignore all the negative comments that go on in my opinion is only giving in to those people who give them.
Everyone has an opinion and more so people who have bought a system are fully entitled to comment, so dont be bullied out of giving it by the negative club members.;)

troyresearch
its quite heartening to see a positive comment about the system in amongst all the negativity.
I am waiting for mine to arrive but have a good feeling about it so hopefully I will be giving it a thumbs up.
If its not for me I have got 45 days to return it.
To be called a mug for buying it is sad really especially coming from a sad person who has not even bought it.
If we could ignore all the negative comments that go on in my opinion is only giving in to those people who give them.
Everyone has an opinion and more so people who have bought a system are fully entitled to comment, so dont be bullied out of giving it by the negative club members.;)

All you need do is make up your mind as to whether it works for you.

For balance, I'm not looking to ignore negative comment: just to keep it constructive.

All you need do is make up your mind as to whether it works for you.

For balance, I'm not looking to ignore negative comment: just to keep it constructive.

Didnt mean yourself as you are being consructive and positive.
Meant to say also if you or anyone else had negative comments who had bought the system that would be ok by me.

Last edited:
There is one huge advantage mechanical systems offer up to the new trader, actually there's 2, which then indirectly impact on the other third crucial aspect...they are obviously the 3 Ms...

Absolutely nothing wrong in my book with having a bookshelf full of trading stuff; books, dvds, courses...if you don't have the capacity for intellectual curiosity then IMO you can't go far in this game. Similar to playing around with, trying and discarding certain indicators and or chart patterns, it's imperative that new and time pressed traders experiment in order to find their trading *self*..

There is one huge advantage mechanical systems offer up to the new trader, actually there's 2, which then indirectly impact on the other third crucial aspect...they are obviously the 3 Ms...

Absolutely nothing wrong in my book with having a bookshelf full of trading stuff; books, dvds, courses...if you don't have the capacity for intellectual curiosity then IMO you can't go far in this game. Similar to playing around with, trying and discarding certain indicators and or chart patterns, it's imperative that new and time pressed traders experiment in order to find their trading *self*..

Wow, Now this I agree with BS! I think I need to sit down! :eek:

I have a cautious kind of "just try and average 25 pips a week, don't overtrade, and set daily loss limit" approach, steady compounding up. No rush, except losses. -40 drawdown week this week with more losses than wins, but I stupidly avoided a +50 AFF GU winner and a +14 FNT winner on Wednesday becasue of a couple of news releases that had a history of losing so i stayed out of the longs. Show's what I know.

Hopefully will take something off NFP straddle trade to make up. But have to except this will be a losing week.

M

Wow, Now this I agree with BS! I think I need to sit down! :eek:

I have a cautious kind of "just try and average 25 pips a week, don't overtrade, and set daily loss limit" approach, steady compounding up. No rush, except losses. -40 drawdown week this week with more losses than wins, but I stupidly avoided a +50 AFF GU winner and a +14 FNT winner on Wednesday becasue of a couple of news releases that had a history of losing so i stayed out of the longs. Show's what I know.

Hopefully will take something off NFP straddle trade to make up. But have to except this will be a losing week.

M

Firstly, you've spelt accept so badly I'm not sure I should even talk to you..let's hope meanrevision doesn't find this thread...:D

Lots of us have had the discussion over the years as to whether or not fairly random (hunch based) entries can work if your discipline and MM is right and you plan the trade and trade the plan. The general consensus is that you probably won't fail, which is a very good starting point.

With mech. solutions you get that (the MM and discipline) as a start straight 'out of the box' and crucially a defined entry and take profits exit point. So, in summary a lot of the *benefits* of a mech system are not actually in the system but in the inherent MM and discipline it encourages which leads (eventually) to a strong 'match hardened' trading psyche...? D'ya get it?

Similarly with indicators, used correctly they highlight a price acceleration point, a reason to pull the trigger, a variant/divergence from the current mean/median. Now if that same point gives you a reason to get out...

As for NFP..good luck with that, there's 2 ways of playing that release IMO..well actually 3 if you don't give a fook ;)

but I stupidly avoided a +50 AFF GU winner and a +14 FNT winner on Wednesday becasue of a couple of news releases that had a history of losing so i stayed out of the longs. Show's what I know.
M

Mark, you're on very shaky ground with the above because what you're saying on one hand is you were right BEFORE the signal not to take the trade but then just because it made money you were actually wrong.

So next time you will no doubt take the signal which you've just highlighted is the right thing to but it will probably lose. Chances are then you'll say it was the wrong decision because the trade lost.

If you want to have a good chance of making the fabled 40% a month, or better yet 4,000% return on the year (for just a small investment of £86 PLUS money back guarantee folks) you have to iron out these sorts of problems, and quickly, otherwise they're going to dog the mental side of your game.

But then again if you don't maybe you'll only earn 2,000% this year :)

No, I just love the absurdity of it :)

Oh my days! How insanely absurd of me to offer a guarantee for people to try it out to see if they think it has potential! Yes, simply absurd.

You're making yourself sound incredibly dim and just a little bit of a tit carrying on about the guarantee. How about you stop offering advice on something you haven't even tried. Now, how about that! :)

Can I ask a question about how automated this strategy is - i.e. how much involvement is required during the day? Is this suitable for people doing a 9-5 job?

Can I ask a question about how automated this strategy is - i.e. how much involvement is required during the day? Is this suitable for people doing a 9-5 job?

"You can make your PC beep, you can set it to send you a text or you can even record your own alert and have it say “goose.” Whatever’s easiest for you, it’s your choice.

When it beeps, you just jump online, place the trade and bingo. You’re done.

That’s all you need to do to potentially add an extra £700, £450 or even £1,210 a month to you income. And remember that’s with just £2 trading..."

"You can make your PC beep, you can set it to send you a text or you can even record your own alert and have it say “goose.” Whatever’s easiest for you, it’s your choice.

When it beeps, you just jump online, place the trade and bingo. You’re done.

That’s all you need to do to potentially add an extra £700, £450 or even £1,210 a month to you income. And remember that’s with just £2 trading..."

That's a little short of the full picture, to be fair. While you can set up to automate the alerts, it still requires you to be in front of a PC running MetaTrader, as well as your broker's dealing page, should you not direct deal from MT. Although I'm a big fan of the system, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wasn't able to remain in front of their PC to trigger the trade and keep an eye on it (though of course, it'd be sensible to place a stop and target around any deal).

The better news is that the system works 24/7 while FX markets are open, though my experience is that much of the price action occurs between 0500-1100 daily and then again in the UK overnight session.

Ok, so how many trade alerts would you expect in a day? I guess this also depends on how many currencies you apply the strategy to.

Also is there any discretionary thinking required when you get a signal, or do you just go ahead and hit the trade?

If no discretion was required, couldn't this strategy be completely automated?

Ok, so how many trade alerts would you expect in a day? I guess this also depends on how many currencies you apply the strategy to.

Also is there any discretionary thinking required when you get a signal, or do you just go ahead and hit the trade?

If no discretion was required, couldn't this strategy be completely automated?

Hi,

It's a pretty tough to code due to how the chart is generated, however I have a programmer working on it.

There is usually 2-3 signals a day but this isn't regiment, it depends on if there is sufficient movement.

No discretion is applied, I've kept it as mechanical as possible.

This thread kind of died. Troyresearch, Don 555, Missionary, Mark120169 and any others who posted on here that are trading it, how are you all getting on? Be interested to hear an update from those actually trading it on how those huge performance claims panned out.

PG I think the answer to your query is easy to see in the preceeding screenfuls. They are mostly vitriolic, rude and personally insulting. All quite beyond the usual courtesies shown on an enthusiasts forum such as this.

So why should we bother to keep answering sarcastic queries and comments only to be abused in text once again ?

Yes, Mark, Sarnia Cherie, Mike Farrell, Baldeaglebloke, myself and many others are very happy customers, and we are all active on the AFFX site every day making money.

As Dubai wrote - several times - buy it, try it, and remember there is a full refund guarantee. But if you do buy it, then you really must use the trading rooms that Dubai has established and that are key to making his methods work. If you just get the manual, look at the screens and never use this unique facility of instant dialogue with the originator and a lot of enthusiasts (60-70 usually at any one time in the day), then you have missed a big opportunity.

As established in other posts here, no, this is not set and forget. Yes, you can get alerts via text or whatever (Mark is an expert at that), but you have to be able to log-on to your charts to check and then log on to your broker if you decide to place a trade.

The claimed returns are quite achievable but you have to have access to the technology when opportunities arise. Several of us are self-employed and can make the screen time, and in some cases we are making a living from trading.

From past experience no doubt the abuse will start again, so unfortunately I will not respond to anything you might wish to add. But you are welcome to PM me, but better still PM the guru Dubai.

Last edited: