BBC The Apprentice Stock Market Traders Show

You're making a lot of sense there buddy, the reason I asked about the price is I discussed a while back with a couple of the regulars on 'ere what would be good value for a real course run by a few real traders who walk the walk..

Came to the conclusion that hiring a hotel for a weekend in (for example) Manchester, starting the course on Fri afternoon, finishing on Monday morning, for 750 quid lncluding accommodation, food and tickets to City or Utd on the Sat followed by a decent night out or at the hotel would be about right...Should leave the promoter with about 300/400 quid per applicant.

Starting to take a few FX trades Sun eve/Mon morning (hopefully profitably using the methods discussed Fri -Sun) + all the real life crowd-sourcing could really work imho..

There are a few real traders that have taught and still do today. Larry Williams for example. From watching his videos I could only get the following that seemed prominent to me

A lot of new things being discovered on daily basis in market mechanics that traders think might give them an edge does not give them an edge but instead takes it away. They seem to have lost money when they tried new things and made money when they stuck with the basics.

The hardest part of this job is sticking to the basics. Thinkers lose in this game where as plain order followers seem to win. That is why many smart and intelligent people become analysts earning a monthly salary while people with mediocre knowledge but tremendous ability to follow orders seem to be big winners.

Sticking with the basics and remaining stupid seems to work. At least for me it does.

Trading makes good money if you want to live off it. Its investing that makes real big money. Buy a great deal number of shares in a great company that is fundamentally sound and then just hold it until you see major trend changes on weekly charts. To invest and earn massive amounts of money you need a major chunk of interest. I am talking 100s of thousands and millions of shares depending upon its price. That is the only way you can make 100s of millions of dollars over the years.

Last edited:
....and I remember suggesting Anfield instead.

You're making a lot of sense there buddy, the reason I asked about the price is I discussed a while back with a couple of the regulars on 'ere what would be good value for a real course run by a few real traders who walk the walk..

Came to the conclusion that hiring a hotel for a weekend in (for example) Manchester, starting the course on Fri afternoon, finishing on Monday morning, for 750 quid lncluding accommodation, food and tickets to City or Utd on the Sat followed by a decent night out or at the hotel would be about right...Should leave the promoter with about 300/400 quid per applicant.

Starting to take a few FX trades Sun eve/Mon morning (hopefully profitably using the methods discussed Fri -Sun) + all the real life crowd-sourcing could really work imho..

**** all that, is it on tv or what.

wheres the op? come on son give us the info, or you just making things up as you go along :rolleyes: