Market analysis

Thanksgiving Week

-This market has been dominated by the dollar's actions. This will be the key to the SPY's price action.
-We are looking at Thanksgiving week next week (markets closed Thursday, close at 1pm EST on Friday) -- holiday weeks usually tend to be low in volume (although today was pretty low too). If markets are low in volume, they have been tending to favor the bulls.
-Historically, with two consecutive unfilled gaps and the recent bearishness, we are looking at an up day for Monday.

For a more technical outlook, I'm including this video ...
http://www.freetradingvideos.com/vlog/default.asp?category=1

Highlights of the video:
-We have a higher swing high and higher swing low on the daily chart of the SPY ... but the trend is flattening.
-Weekly shows a rising wedge formation (bearish)
-MACD weekly showing some flattening
-Sector strength show financials and tech weak (especially after Dell's performance Friday)

Opinions? Thoughts?

Yesterday was one of the lowest volume trading days of the year, and I thought it was confirming our recent up move. But the news out of Dubai today could bring much-needed strength to the dollar, just in time for it to matter for technicals.

Historical probabilities pointed to an up day tomorrow, but I think we might be gapping down. Here's why I see the trend weakening ...

Re: 1st of December, Last of 2009

What are we looking at for the rest of the year? Will the dollar's
weakness end up being a problem before the year is out?

Just last week we were looking at a tweezer reversal pattern. We are
still at some pretty strong resistance, with the weekly charts showing 1112
on the $SPX
as an area we will have trouble getting through. Still have a little room to move up for this week, and this is the third test of the area so there is a greater chance of a break through or a stronger failure.

I haven't been trying/thinking about swing trading, just trying to capture some of the smaller intra day movements.