Bangkok

which time

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will be among the officially stranded

i flew out last Tuesday at 4.30 - about 2 hours before the siege started and was stranded in Philippines.
It's taken me 5 days longer than it should have done, with all the waiting around for flight availability etc.
But just got back this morning after flights to KL and Krabi then a delightful 14 hour overnight bus journey
Had hoped to take the train up from KL, but no seats available for 2 weeks !!!

The only bright spot of the whole affair was that there was nobody on duty at the parking at Suvarnabhumi this morning to collect my car-parking fee :clap:

wow... sounds like h*ll of a trip!

Now the "strike" is on hold due to the King birthday, but the occupation of the airports will probably continue aftewards??? I was hoping to go for a vacation, but guess not!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for the less observant, yes, I've slightly changed the name of this thread

are we still on for Saturday 20th at 12:30 at Bulls Head ?

Who's in so far ?

Garry 1+.5
Pete 1+.5
Jaime 1 +?

anyone else ? Jeremy you'll be away chai mai ?

are we still on for Saturday 20th at 12:30 at Bulls Head ?

Who's in so far ?

Garry 1+.5
Pete 1+.5
Jaime 1 +?

anyone else ? Jeremy you'll be away chai mai ?

chai laew krub. The airports are open, so it looks like I'm out here. I may push my flight back by a couple days, but it looks like I'll be back in the US by the 20th.

chai laew krub. The airports are open, so it looks like I'm out here. I may push my flight back by a couple days, but it looks like I'll be back in the US by the 20th.

ha ha you better get out quick while it's still the King's Birthday weekend - the muppets will probably be back in (in)action next week .....(y)

The king didnt show for his birthday !!! not a good sign... my early retirement to the sun might be cut short... and I hear its been snowing in the UK...

Its all gone pete bloody tong...

yes, but i think it's just you, me, and the two wives & kids plus Khun Jaime

we can cancel it if it's going to be a problem for you, cos i know you're on a tight schedule ?

mai pen rai, up to you.........

Hope the meeting was sanook. The missus says 'sawasdee ka' to you all.

just the 4 of us - Pete & his missus plus me and my missus. No sign of Jaime.

was there anyone else ?

oh, yes, my 2 year old was there running riot too

when are you back to Krung Thep Mahanakhon ?