Assessment at Futex

Sheen

I was invited to an assessment meeting at Futex Woking office. What sort of questions can I expect? How can I prepare for this assessment - in other words, what answers should I give to be accepted as a trainee futures trader?
I presume that it is not a great success to be invited to this assessment as probably everyone who submits their CV gets an invitation, am I right?

Good thing is that they pay £500 a month for the first three months of training. Is it gross or net? What basic salary does one get at a later stage, as a futures trader?

3 tests:

1 x Basic arithmetic (e.g. 0.5/0.25)
1 x English language/verbal reasoning test (can't remember any examples but if you can speak and write in English you'll be fine)
1 x Financial Markets knowledge (e.g. closing price of CAC, EUR/CHF or name a FTSE company etc. Again, fairly basic).

You should be in and out within 30 minutes to be honest. Good luck.

I have passed the assessment tests and been invited to the first interview. I would be grateful if anyone, especially those working at Futex, could anser these questions:

1. How much time could it take before I start trading with real money with a 50/50 profit split? What criteria do I have to meet to be allowed to trade live?
2. What is the initial "trading power". i.e. the number of contracts I can trade, eg. on EUR-FX? How fast can it grow and who decides about it?
3. What are the loss limits - expressed in daily/weekly/monthly terms?
4. Is it possible to have your profit paid through an offshore company?
5. Is trading on a private account allowed while working at Futex office?
6. What are the working hours? Can I come to the office and leave whenever I want to? Can the positions be held overnight?

Last edited:
When an interviewer says "do you have any questions?", it is the generally acceptable moment for you to repeat the above.

When an interviewer says "do you have any questions?", it is the generally acceptable moment for you to repeat the above.

Yes, I know that but I would like to hear the answers from an independent source, someone who has already tested this in practice. Do you know the answers?