Are you doing God's Work?

• Yes, of course

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • No, of course not

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • I serve only Satan

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters
Years ago, in my youth I was involved in a "business" that was little more than a thinly disguised Ponzi scheme. I once recieved a FAX from the minister of a church in the USA who had pursuaded several hundred of his congregation to "invest" their time and money in this particular "business opportunity", and which of course resulted in him personally earning a very substantial fee, and the FAX actually contained the words

"Bless you, you are doing the Lords work".

I dont particularly feel as if I was "doing the lords work", but then again, when a minister of the church tells you that you are, who am I to argue ?

Who is the minsiter of the church to tell you that your doing the lords work?
Who the **** is he? Hes a nobody, a fake, just like everyone else, who gives a **** what he thinks - If a god exists; he gives as much a **** about that prick as anyone else. And if not, and this isn't true, strike me with lightning God, you fake *******.

Well its not God's fault that humans believe in his existance; its not like me made humans or anything in reality....

As a human, i don't have the capacity to understand anything outside my logic/beliefs, i assess information that is currently avaliable, fully aware that other REALITIES; such as the matrix, may be the true reality, but i cannot guess or believe that others have proper evidence that would tell them different until my logic sees information that tells otherwise...

There may be MORE to life, however no human as of yet KNOWS, according to current INFORMATION - Until there is proof for any of that, that is the way it is in my mind and anyone who disagrees is deluded in my mind... And i'm not suggesting that my mind is right and there's isn't; My mind just has logic, whereas theres make decisions based on non-conclusive evidence...

Maybe though, God has genuinely contacted someone, which is outside of my capability to believe, and therefore that is solid evidence; but as my current OPINION on the population goes, i don't believe that such a person would have the TRUE understanding to even understand whether it was God or Not.

Hence; YEAH BOY; My satistfaction comes from satisfying my need to correct stupidity and in may be correct that it is actually me who is stupid; either way; My satisfaction comes first. So thats what matters to me, not others opinion on my stupidity, as they don't have the capacity to rate intellegance, when they haven't experienced it, and judging my those spellings; i must be top of the leaderboard.

Last edited:
Who is the minsiter of the church to tell you that your doing the lords work?

He's the good lords elective representative on earth. If he says Im doing the lords work than thats good enough for me.

He's the good lords elective representative on earth. If he says Im doing the lords work than thats good enough for me.

He doesn't represent the lord though... Thats the point; He just pretends to...

Like i pretend to represent Jesus. Doesn't make me special; rather just illusioned and retarded.

I think the line "he's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy" is probably quite apt

I dont particularly feel as if I was "doing the lords work", but then again, when a minister of the church tells you that you are, who am I to argue ?

This is a joke isn't it as your reputation for questioning anything and everything precedes the above on a, (dare I say it :) ) "Biblical scale"

Paul

How come then Shakone; God has never contacted non-religious people? Research it.

I won't believe until i'm contacted, and saying that you 'have to belief' in order for him to contact you is just an excuse, because if you belief then OFCOURSE he'll visit you in your illusions;

Actually he has. I don't mind people who slag off religion, I do it too :p but at least do it in an informed way. You order me to research it, but it takes me 10 seconds to refute your argument. It is you that needs to educate yourself. St Paul was not a religious man, in fact he was a religious persecuter. Mohammed was hardly a muslim before that religion had been invented was he? The examples are there. That's two prime examples, and there are others. Of course you can disbelieve the scripture, but the evidence (whether falsified or the delusions of hallucinogens) is there.

By the way, I wasn't trying to start a church. I was merely pointing out that Paul's post was completely wrong, and that in scriptures God communicates on a personal level in many of the main religions. You could probably add Hinduism to that too. If you talked about Buddhism, there would need to be some discussion about what God really means, so we won't include that.

One thing that just occurred to me, is that there seems to be a huge amount of nonsense about religions, not so dissimilar from the nonsense about trading. Some of it is from religious leaders, some of it is from vendors. Find out for yourself what is true and what is not.

Ok so Blankfein comes out with an unbelivably silly comment yesterday, I can only assume he made it for lulz.
I'm sure it was. After all, you can't throw accusations of anything other than grade A chutzpah at a guy distributing $20Billion in corporate compensation from a corporation that was less than 12 months ago bailed out to the tune of $10 Billion ( TARP fund) and by July this year not only paid that back but also redeemed $1.1 Billion in government warranties.

That Paulson went on to greater things before Blankfien and that he will undoubtedly do the same gives me a strong sense of faith in the power of stupidity and greed – and blessings that I have none of the former and possess the latter in spades.

I was merely pointing out that Paul's post was completely wrong, and that in scriptures God communicates on a personal level in many of the main religions

Well I don't agree with this at all and the main reason why is the total contradiction you get from almost everyone who claims to have had a personal message from God. I am curious to know how you would know a message is from God ?

Paul

Paul, again I'm not saying these things are correct. But you did say for those who believe in God. Now for those, there is clear evidence that God communicates on a personal level. Whether you believe it or not is another matter. The religions make it clear that he communicates on a personal level.

I don't see as many contradictions as you, but does it matter if there are? I know plenty of people who say contradictory things to me, and that doesn't mean they suddenly stopped existing or didn't have those conversations.

Years ago, in my youth I was involved in a "business" that was little more than a thinly disguised Ponzi scheme. I once recieved a FAX from the minister of a church in the USA who had pursuaded several hundred of his congregation to "invest" their time and money in this particular "business opportunity", and which of course resulted in him personally earning a very substantial fee, and the FAX actually contained the words

"Bless you, you are doing the Lords work".

The religious organisations have a lot to answer for on the growth of a non-believing, or atheist society and your post is a prime example. Also, the crimes against children, that are rife all over the world, are the most unholy acts imaginable, compounded by the fact that, for years, the Pope and other church leaders have denied that such crimes were never committed by church officials.

If a believer says that he has had personal communication with God, so be it. Who are we to deny the truth of it? I, personally, am a believer. What, or how the rest of humanity wants to believe in is up to them, but I have come to the conclusion that some men are prepared to go to any lengths in order to enrich themselves and, quite often, he does so in the name of God.

All I ask is that those who do not believe leave the rest of us in peace.

There are not that many things that I am certain of in this life but one of them is, for those who believe in God, that God does not in any way communicate with any human on a one to one or personal level. The evidence for this is absolutely everywhere and in every religion possible.

Paul

Moses?

I don't see as many contradictions as you, but does it matter if there are?

Well, yes it does and as an example George Bush said that the real reason he invaded Iraq was because God told him to do it. This is why I asked the question how do you know it is God communicating with you ? If God exists then I presume that Gods' message is constant and here is another problem because I have met many people who think that they have had a personal message from God. The problem is that often the message received by one person was at total odds with Gods' message to another.

Also your comment that God communicated through various religious leaders does not make sense to me. An example would be that the God of The Old Testament suddenly had a change of mind from being full of vengeance to one of forgiveness and peace in The New Testament. If we then look at the origins of Islam the message changes once again and it is this lack of consistency that has drawn me to this view.

I remember in 2007 and 2008 where a large number of Christians across the whole of Europe were praying to God for answer as to where Madeleine McCann was located. In spite of the fact that so many of these people have a personal message from God, not one of them had the personal message that she is located at the following place or global co-ordinates. It would appear that although thousands of people were praying for this no one received any form of communication from God about it.

When I hear some of the so called messages that God is giving people on a personal level it convinces me even more.

This is nothing personal to anyone and is entirely my own view.

Paul

Since religion is irrational, illogical, cannot be proved etc., there is no point debating with religious people, since they "believe" they are "right" in their own minds. Science, logic, analysis have no place in the universe of their minds and are merely tools to be used on mundane matters.
Many people have a need for god, but that need doesn't prove the existence of a supernatural being.
Personal pain and alienation from an apparently incomprehensible universe, the sense of ultimate personal aloneness, all these things are mentally containable and "understandable" for very many people only by having a god and the religious structure that comes with it.
For many it's a way of coping with life, suffering, loss and death.
That means it's useful, it doesn't mean to say it's valid.
Richard

I guess thats why they call if "Faith" and not "Fact". I'm very cynical in general so I need good solid facts before I believe anything... Or a lot of beer... Each to their own though, I prefer to spend my Sundays having a few pints and a bit of banter down the pub, but if you prefer to spend it worshipping and singing in Church then great! But I'm not a fan of preachers, especially this muppet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tfgc1Y-qI4&NR=1 who I have to listen too EVERY time I go into town!!!

Since religion is irrational, illogical, cannot be proved etc., there is no point debating with religious people, since they "believe" they are "right" in their own minds. Science, logic, analysis have no place in the universe of their minds and are merely tools to be used on mundane matters.
Many people have a need for god, but that need doesn't prove the existence of a supernatural being.
Personal pain and alienation from an apparently incomprehensible universe, the sense of ultimate personal aloneness, all these things are mentally containable and "understandable" for very many people only by having a god and the religious structure that comes with it.
For many it's a way of coping with life, suffering, loss and death.
That means it's useful, it doesn't mean to say it's valid.
Richard

I could not agree more. Someone who has faith cannot be argued with. That goes for trading, too. There are so many threads on here that expound beliefs in systems that are complete "pie in the sky" concepts that one needs a faith in something!

Err, Faith is a gift.... as they say?

And, that's a bit of a problem if you're merely talented, isn't it?

Cheers

Mayfly