Life, evolution, god, time, etc (philosophy)

rols said:
Please continue to where you already know you're taking us....

Rols- I really don't have an end in sight, or an answer for that matter. Like I said in my first post, its the representation of time in charts that I believe is incorrect.

If we look at trend lines for example, they work until they don't (statement of the obvious). The trend line is defined by the lows or highs, and time, the 'longer' it goes on, conventional wisdom says 'the stronger it is', or 'the more important it is' -and I guess the reason it works is just a derivation of the self-fulfilling prophesy (much as Bramble said...its covenient). But I don't for example think the latter comments are true either...its a trendline over whatever time frame until its broken and it no longer is it has no more or less importance I suspect whatever timeframe it is over. And I suspect, again without proof, that it is our conventional representation of time with repect to markets that again leads us to make mistakes, or plain believe in something that isn't true opr doesn't even exist. As I said before, its my belief that the market has a conscious, albeit a collective one, that leads me to believe there is a better way somewhere to represent it rather than lines on a chart at least drawn in the conventional manner.

I don't know, juast rambling now - I have doodled with this problem for many years and have not yet found an answer...

Active Pulse
Alien Proofs
One Inn Tit

All else may flow from this answers by pm only please.

Well I did hear the Da Vinci code wasnt up to much. Anyone else think tom hanks was wrongly cast for the role... not seen the flick, but clips.... esssshhhh too americanised

"its sa god damn riddle i tell ya, now gimmee a god damn beer, BURP ! ,mmmm tastes like chicken!"

and cut ! thats excellent Tom... its a wrap everybody.......... :rolleyes:

Silas? perfick....

hmmm too many of them boiled sweets.... :confused:

Fx.

jimbo57 said:
Rols- I really don't have an end in sight, or an answer for that matter. Like I said in my first post, its the representation of time in charts that I believe is incorrect.

If we look at trend lines for example, they work until they don't (statement of the obvious). The trend line is defined by the lows or highs, and time, the 'longer' it goes on, conventional wisdom says 'the stronger it is', or 'the more important it is' -and I guess the reason it works is just a derivation of the self-fulfilling prophesy (much as Bramble said...its covenient). But I don't for example think the latter comments are true either...its a trendline over whatever time frame until its broken and it no longer is it has no more or less importance I suspect whatever timeframe it is over. And I suspect, again without proof, that it is our conventional representation of time with repect to markets that again leads us to make mistakes, or plain believe in something that isn't true opr doesn't even exist. As I said before, its my belief that the market has a conscious, albeit a collective one, that leads me to believe there is a better way somewhere to represent it rather than lines on a chart at least drawn in the conventional manner.

I don't know, juast rambling now - I have doodled with this problem for many years and have not yet found an answer...

Believe me you are nearly there....

rols said:
I meant Laura Knight-Jadczyk
:cheesy:

lol.... good heavens, I did have a look at the reviews on amazon... few comments re majic mushrooms and such....

what was your view of it ? apart from being a good doorstop ..

fxmarkets said:
lol.... good heavens, I did have a look at the reviews on amazon... few comments re majic mushrooms and such....

what was your view of it ? apart from being a good doorstop ..

ask Bramble - I couldn't finish it I'm afraid..