Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

" A stock with a negative beta generally moves in the opposite direction to the market "

If we assume that markets go up long term ( which they have historically ) then I really don't understand the above statement.

" A stock with a negative beta generally moves in the opposite direction to the market "

If we assume that markets go up long term ( which they have historically ) then I really don't understand the above statement.

beta can change, and beta may not be relevant over very long time scale

Today ftse will create an outside day engulfing, which is .......bad?

I personally don't read too much into 1 bar unless it happens where you are expecting it to happen and then it becomes confirmation of what you are thinking is happening :confused: lol so looking at the price action , bears and profit taking has pushed it below most short term moving averages on a D1 chart lately and the last 2 days have been bull's response to that, it's pretty neutral to me at the moment and not an area I would be interested in trading from but each to his own.

I personally don't read too much into 1 bar unless it happens where you are expecting it to happen and then it becomes confirmation of what you are thinking is happening :confused: lol so looking at the price action , bears and profit taking has pushed it below most short term moving averages on a D1 chart lately and the last 2 days have been bull's response to that, it's pretty neutral to me at the moment and not an area I would be interested in trading from but each to his own.

i think it may be outside day and not engulfing.

yes u are right.

Trading Rules 101 is a combination of patterns and observations from the trading floors of the
Chicago Board of Trade and the Chicago Mercantile Exchange over the last 35 years. Much of it
was created and actualized during my time at the desk when I worked for Marty, “The
BULL” Schwartz. It was an amazing and incredible experience where I evolved and transformed
into the trader and “go-getter” I am today.

http://www.mrtopstep.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/MRTOPSTEP.COM-Rules.pdf

Morning All
Sydney
BHP + 2.45%
RIO + 2.41%
30 to go
German ATM is open.
Not sure how to trade this tonight/morning?

Is it just me or does it look like the FTSE is in a daily channel?

How long before people realise that Europe haven't helped their actual debt? That'll lead to a fall off of the channel resistance :D

BARC head+Shoulders breakdown,

Attachments

• barc head.png
    barc head.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 121