Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Loop the Loop trade.

Attachments

• Aud Usd.png
    Aud Usd.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 105
interesting chart - usual conundrum of when is a break a break (or not)

morning Barjon

the break in RIO will result in a big drop in DAX, the last time RIO broke trendline may 3rd dax dropped about 1000pts afterwards, RIO is warning of china slowdown and possible deflation.

BLT head shoulders very clear.

Once this breaks Australia becomes a third world country,
sorry bustech

Attachments

• BLT hs.png
    BLT hs.png
    24.6 KB · Views: 119
morning Barjon

the break in RIO will result in a big drop in DAX, the last time RIO broke trendline may 3rd dax dropped about 1000pts afterwards, RIO is warning of china slowdown and possible deflation.

maybe so, but i was thinking mainly about trading RIO and where and how you'd begin building a short position, or what other tactics you might employ. I tend to think of it as a series of lights coming on and you take your choice as to how many lights you want lit before diving in - or, gradually build as each light comes on.

Yesterday, I had a rather pleasant surprise. I decided to short, at one point, the US Tech, which is quoted on my platform.

It was going quite well and I decided to add. so, thinking that I had everything organised in my neck of the woods, I pressed the relevant buttons and up it came, under the existing trade.

Except that it did not look right--quite out of kilter with the other. In fact, it took off, making 3 times the profits of the first trade within the same number of minutes.

I had a box on top of the names, covering what was open and, moving this aside, I realised that it was FT. Not only that, but I had bought it!, so I had these two instruments open in different directions. and they kept going into profit and, not knowing which one to close, because it is not the time to experiment the markets and I'm only lucky when I don't know it. As soon as I know what I`ve done the whole thing goes against me-I closed them both, but it was a good 30 minutes and I had the satisfaction of seeing that it would not have lasted.

So it goes to show that what goes down in Wall Street, doesn't always do the same in London, even though it is after hours and everyone knows that Wall Street dictates to London, especially after the London close.

maybe so, but i was thinking mainly about trading RIO and where and how you'd begin building a short position, or what other tactics you might employ. I tend to think of it as a series of lights coming on and you take your choice as to how many lights you want lit before diving in - or, gradually build as each light comes on.

You could do it with options, strange/straddle.

Or use the weekly chart for sell triggers

BLT is much clearer h+s

Crude and commodities complex signalling trouble ahead for world economy,

George "gideon" Osborne makes a speech about JPM loss in parliament at 12.15 today,

Yesterdays FTSE10 "rally" was on the lowest volume in 2012. the low volume on LSE can be partly explained away by the 1 for 10 share consolidation in RBS, but its not a good sign

The UK has fallen deeper into recession than previously thought, confirming that the country has officially entered a double-dip. Data from the Office for National Statistics showed that the economy shrank faster than previously estimated between October and December last year, with a decline of 0.4%.

The economy also contracted for a second quarter between January and March this year, with the unchanged -0.3% estimate confirming that we are in recession for the second time in four years.

A drop in construction and industrial output in the first three months of the year outweighed the biggest rise in government spending in almost seven years, scuppering chancellor George Osborne's hopes of a recovery led by the private sector. Construction fell at its fastest pace in three years, down 4.9%, while industrial output was down by 0.5%. Government spending, meanwhile, rose by 1.9%.
UK recession deeper than thought | Business | guardian.co.uk

I check the futures, forex and commodity’s that I follow each day on a 15 min, 1 hour, 4 hour, daily and weekly chart.
The problem that I started to get is that the weekly chart doesn’t seem to have enough data on the chart. looking to change the weekly to a monthly.
Is this telling me something.

An Arab sheikh asked his son what he wanted for Christmas,the son replied: "A cowboy outfit." And so the sheikh bought him Barclays Bank.

@rayne_ea

You could do it with options, strange/straddle.

Or use the weekly chart for sell triggers

BLT is much clearer h+s

Crude and commodities complex signalling trouble ahead for world economy,

George "gideon" Osborne makes a speech about JPM loss in parliament at 12.15 today,

I found RIO interesting to examine, so I thought I'd go through it.

The first light (1) comes on the retreat from previous high, the second (2) on the re-test (you could have started building here with low risk, but that's another story since we were talking about breaks).

So along comes the break at 3 and the third lights glows. You might enter straightaway on the break but it's an insurance policy trade that you expect to lose because you anticipate some pull back - but it might not and plunge further without you. As an insurance policy trade you will want low risk, so stop will be somewhere in the reddish support zone, probably just above the previous bar's close and certainly just above the top of the support zone.

You plan to play the pullbacks from here, so looking for a breech of pullback lows. It comes after 4 where you go short on the breech with a stop above 4 and an expectation that you will at least reach the overlaid yellow support zone. Another light flickers on at this stage.

It gets into the zone, but comes back out so as do you and the last light goes out. Hold fire now until next break if it comes when repeat.

Easy in hindsight - but I have been in it :)

Attachments

• RIO TINTO.png
    RIO TINTO.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 113
Einstein dies and goes to heaven only to be informed that his room is not yet ready. "I hope you will not mind waiting in a dormitory. We are very sorry, but it's the best we can do and you will have to share the room with others" he is told by the doorman.
Einstein says that this is no problem at all and that there is no need to make such a great fuss. So the doorman leads him to the dorm. They enter and Albert is introduced to all of the present inhabitants. "See, Here is your first room mate. He has an IQ of 180!"
"Why that's wonderful!" Says Albert. "We can discuss mathematics!"
"And here is your second room mate. His IQ is 150!"
"Why that's wonderful!" Says Albert. "We can discuss physics!"
"And here is your third room mate. His IQ is 100!"
"That Wonderful! We can discuss the latest plays at the theater!"
Just then another man moves out to capture Albert's hand and shake it. "I'm your last room mate and I'm sorry, but my IQ is only 80."
Albert smiles back at him and says, "So, where do you think interest rates are headed?"