Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I found RIO interesting to examine, so I thought I'd go through it.

The first light (1) comes on the retreat from previous high, the second (2) on the re-test (you could have started building here with low risk, but that's another story since we were talking about breaks).

So along comes the break at 3 and the third lights glows. You might enter straightaway on the break but it's an insurance policy trade that you expect to lose because you anticipate some pull back - but it might not and plunge further without you. As an insurance policy trade you will want low risk, so stop will be somewhere in the reddish support zone, probably just above the previous bar's close and certainly just above the top of the support zone.

Easy in hindsight - but I have been in it :)

would a pairs trade simplify things?

or maybe create a pivot? and short below and go long above?

what about assuming a big drop in commodity prices and figuring out which company benefits? then doing a pairs trade.?

You plan to play the pullbacks from here, so looking for a breech of pullback lows. It comes after 4 where you go short on the breech with a stop above 4 and an expectation that you will at least reach the overlaid yellow support zone. Another light flickers on at this stage.

It gets into the zone, but comes back out so as do you and the last light goes out. Hold fire now until next break if it comes when repeat.

Einstein dies and goes to heaven only to be informed that his room is not yet ready. "I hope you will not mind waiting in a dormitory. We are very sorry, but it's the best we can do and you will have to share the room with others" he is told by the doorman.
Einstein says that this is no problem at all and that there is no need to make such a great fuss. So the doorman leads him to the dorm. They enter and Albert is introduced to all of the present inhabitants. "See, Here is your first room mate. He has an IQ of 180!"
"Why that's wonderful!" Says Albert. "We can discuss mathematics!"
"And here is your second room mate. His IQ is 150!"
"Why that's wonderful!" Says Albert. "We can discuss physics!"
"And here is your third room mate. His IQ is 100!"
"That Wonderful! We can discuss the latest plays at the theater!"
Just then another man moves out to capture Albert's hand and shake it. "I'm your last room mate and I'm sorry, but my IQ is only 80."
Albert smiles back at him and says, "So, where do you think interest rates are headed?"

:LOL::LOL:

by the way I know where interest rates are headed, my IQ must be at least 80pts haha

yes, I didn't want to complicate things. I will often use a ftse hedge.

its a shame that we do not have a way to analyse the performance of various stocks between to specific dates, we could see which stocks performed well during the period of weakness for RIO,

I always thought that hedges were some how economically related to each other. like crude/heating oil. or wheat/corn or german bunds/uk gilts.

Osborne said that HSBC/RBS also may be involved in rigging. if HSBC is and it falls the same as BARC (11%) that is a massive hit to the FTSE100 ?

who wants to be long ftse with resource breakdown and banking downtrend ???

ftse is 5457

i wonder if the fake rally yesterday was to give the markets a "cushion" to absorb the $9bill JPM loss and libor rigging by UK banks. ?

Osborne said that HSBC/RBS also may be involved in rigging. if HSBC is and it falls the same as BARC (11%) that is a massive hit to the FTSE100 ?

who wants to be long ftse with resource breakdown and banking downtrend ???

ftse is 5457

cancel that

ftse 5461

its a shame that we do not have a way to analyse the performance of various stocks between to specific dates, we could see which stocks performed well during the period of weakness for RIO,

I always thought that hedges were some how economically related to each other. like crude/heating oil. or wheat/corn or german bunds/uk gilts.

Well depends I suppose. Rather like my ftse/dow stuff you can do it for things which have price relationship. The theory applied to ftse100 equities is if the share is in good uptrend it'll likely be rising stronger than the market overall and falling less than the market on pullbacks. Vice versa for downtrend,

Public inquiry into wrongdoing and ethics of bankers

Responsible department: Her Majesty's Treasury

We the undersigned call for an independent, judicial public enquiry into fraud, wrongdoing and ethics of British banks, their management and their staff, and the role of the British Bankers Association. The terms of reference of this inquiry should also include the manipulation of interest rates on about £225 trillion of assets. The inquiry must have full powers to compel witnesses to appear on oath, and to obtain all forms of evidence.

need 100,000 signatories and this gets done

Public inquiry into wrongdoing and ethics of bankers - e-petitions

Well depends I suppose. Rather like my ftse/dow stuff you can do it for things which have price relationship. The theory applied to ftse100 equities is if the share is in good uptrend it'll likely be rising stronger than the market overall and falling less than the market on pullbacks. Vice versa for downtrend,

this is the beta relationship,

think beta of RIO must be more than 1

this is the beta relationship,

think beta of RIO must be more than 1

So when you say that Rio has a beta of 1 is it that ( in an up market ) Rio rises at the same rate as the ftse ? So therefore if I understand correctly if it has a beta of 2 it rises twice as fast as the ftse ?

So when you say that Rio has a beta of 1 is it that ( in an up market ) Rio rises at the same rate as the ftse ? So therefore if I understand correctly if it has a beta of 2 it rises twice as fast as the ftse ?

1 means it is as volatile as the ftse, not sure they break it into to up/down

each stock has a single beta

u want a video about beta?

1 means it is as volatile as the ftse, not sure they break it into to up/down

each stock has a single beta

u want a video about beta?

No it's ok thanks , not really into the wording used in trading ( it can be endless ) , a chart will move up or down that's all I need to know lol.

Thanks for the reply.