Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) - The Empire State manufacturing index declined sharply to 2.3 in June, the New York Federal Reserve Bank said Friday. The decline was larger than expected. Economists polled by MarketWatch expected the index to pull back to 12.8 in June. The index had rebounded in May to 17.1 after having fallen sharply in April. In June, underlying conditions were also poor. The new orders and shipment indices decreased. Two readings on employment were weaker. The index for prices paid pulled back. A reading of expected conditions in six-months retreated to 23.1 in June from 29.3 in May, the fifth straight monthly decline.

Helllo Sudden Death

Was short mid/early on but covered now.
love the forum.
Bed time now in Australia.

Good Night
Llerrad

seems kinda quiet on here today …hope this thread isn’t dying again after all SD’s efforts…..maybe some of you lurkers should start posting now and then and keep it alive…all take no give no good….

not a good day today for me …we got the big move but I spent the day just trying to break even:(…..i’m a bit weary of it all lately so I’m going to take some time off…..hope you all kick a**…..good luck

Hi there HTW ,

FTSE needs to be at 5520 to line up with current dow of 12717

i do not think dow can close strong i think it wil be flat or down. so I went to short ftse strength

I got the Dow call wrong but shorting ftse 5520 was correct even when dow went opposite to my view, the short FSTE100 @ 5520 trade still worked, even with dow +115 it took FTSE to 5511

I got the Dow call wrong but shorting ftse 5520 was correct even when dow went opposite to my view, the short FSTE100 @ 5520 trade still worked, even with dow +115 it took FTSE to 5511

Yes, my long ftse/short dow got to about +10 overall while I was golfing but was around -15 when I got back. Eventually closed it all off for -19 overall.

I was tempted to leave it in over the w/e, but good sense prevailed, but I'll look to re-open it Monday if conditions suit.

The relative ftse/dow position each day was: -22, +37, -19, -30, -44 making ftse -78 weak for the week (ie: ftse should stand at 5557 had it kept pace with dow)

There is a weak bias at the moment and although ftse traded fairly strong early in the year it should be standing at over 5700 had it kept pace with dow from the start of the year.

Yes, my long ftse/short dow got to about +10 overall while I was golfing but was around -15 when I got back. Eventually closed it all off for -19 overall.

I was tempted to leave it in over the w/e, but good sense prevailed, but I'll look to re-open it Monday if conditions suit.

The relative ftse/dow position each day was: -22, +37, -19, -30, -44 making ftse -78 weak for the week (ie: ftse should stand at 5557 had it kept pace with dow)

There is a weak bias at the moment and although ftse traded fairly strong early in the year it should be standing at over 5700 had it kept pace with dow from the start of the year.

I think the rumours of europe solution put an extra bid in the market, but the fact it only gave a bump of 115 pts is disappointing, the US market followers were puzzled by the fact that the VIX indicator rose the same day dow went up 115pts, that means cost of downside protection has increased

FTSE hits high of 5603 in opening Asia trade.
Everybody must have had a good weekend.
There all got that happy Monday buy mood.

Morning SD
BHP up 2.6% and RIO up 4.7% in Sydney.
Mind you they have underpefomed there London counterparts this month.

morning bustech, the aussie ordinaries must have been weak of late think they track china/india

buy the Aussie government 3 year bond

morning bustech, the aussie ordinaries must have been weak of late think they track china/india

buy the Aussie government 3 year bond

We used to follow the FTSE, but that stopped a few years back.
Now follow China. Hong Kong and Japan can also move us around on a daily basis.
Big problem is high Aussie dollar stopping the overseas money coming into the market.

Aussie bonds safe bet, not a great return.