Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

long 12712

closing other half here at 12772

Probably leaving lots on the table as it shoots up to 12800+, but whatevs....

I'll probably be looking to get back in should it be kind enough to drop and give me a cheaper price!

closing other half here at 12772

Probably leaving lots on the table as it shoots up to 12800+, but whatevs....

I'll probably be looking to get back in should it be kind enough to drop and give me a cheaper price!

Good stuff!

Maybe, but I think the S&P decides the fate - if it cant push above the highs (2400) , it is very vulnerable up here.

Just a background assessment - trade what happens until then, but be very aware of the thin ice that lays beneath lol

I'm averaged in at 12,577 on dax and at break even ATM but the move is in the right direction now.

Whats the best way to get the volatility higher in the US.
Drop the dow 500 points! :clap:

Hard to imagine much of a drop when teh NQ is doing what it's doing. Parablolic, lol. The markets is legit in 'mad mode' - fun, though :)

Hi guys, not long since joined the forum I trade forex on long term charts but to relieve the boredom I trade the FTSE short term I prefer the way it moves than Dax or Dow may chip in to the thread Some possible support at 7338 per chart

Attachments

• ftse.png
    ftse.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 58
Hi guys, not long since joined the forum I trade forex on long term charts but to relieve the boredom I trade the FTSE short term I prefer the way it moves than Dax or Dow may chip in to the thread Some possible support at 7338 per chart

If your trading the ftse you must be short 90% of the time, that index always appears to be going down.

It doesn’t matter what field you are in there will always be a bottom 10% a top 10% and the middle group. The ones that have the best mindset will rise to the top.

Companies have exceeded forecasts because of revenue growth and not so much because of a cost-cutting program. On the other hand, analysts' forecasts have been successively improved. In the case of the United Kingdom, the devaluation of the Pound and the rise of the prices of the raw materials will have been motors of the good performance achieved.

Companies have exceeded forecasts because of revenue growth and not so much because of a cost-cutting program. On the other hand, analysts' forecasts have been successively improved. In the case of the United Kingdom, the devaluation of the Pound and the rise of the prices of the raw materials will have been motors of the good performance achieved.

Leave aside the currency argument (thats been done to death), but how do increasing INPUT prices improve the performance of companies? :confused:

They don't. Earnings growth over a period of time is what should attract the attention of analysts. Plus companies that are inclined to shy away from too much debt and are not at the top of the capitalisation table, so that they have room to grow.

This is out of bounds for most futures traders, but I got started in this by buying Next PLC when they were less than two pounds and they had a policy of organic growth i.e. no debt.

Last edited:
If your trading the ftse you must be short 90% of the time, that index always appears to be going down.

Well up and down doesn't really matter I like the FTSE as it's really wonderfully Harmonic. I tell you a "secret" all I do is trade retracements into the 50-80% retracement area of impulse moves, on the chart below which is most of today and a little of yesterday I see 8 winners and maybe 3 losers its a 1 min chart with 2 pip range bars, the Fibs are the winners stops above/ below 100% retracement, target .127 ext or 1 to 1 measured move. have fun:) (infact looking at it there's a couple more winners i couldn't fit in)

Attachments

• ftse.png
    ftse.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 61