Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I also scale in with a limit orders at the 50% and at the 80% retracement levels its really the only way to trade it, it's a strategy that actually works and requires little thought: find an impulse move wait for a retracement set your orders and thats it, occasionally I'll trade Flag breakouts or break and retest trades but thats all

Last edited:
I also scale in with a limit orders at the 50% and at the 80% retracement levels its really the only way to trade it, it's a strategy that actually works and requires little thought: find an impulse move wait for a retracement set your orders and thats it

Keep It Simple! (y)

Just dont try doing that with the dax, it will bite your arm off. :LOL:

Limit order missed by a pip, didn't go for the 50 went for the break and retest gettin late in the day FTSEs had a good run will pull the orders and call it a day

Attachments

• ft.png
    ft.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 68
The energy sector led the gains of the S & P500, reflecting rising oil prices, after Iraq and Algeria joined Saudi Arabia to support an extension of production cuts by OPEC. In addition, US oil inventories declined more than expected. Despite this, this rise in the price of crude was not enough to recover from the losses recorded last week. The US Department of Energy reported today that weekly oil inventories fell by 5.2 million barrels, compared to estimated 1.9 million barrels. Inventories of gasoline fell by 150,000 barrels, compared with an expected increase of 65,400 barrels.

Tends to be riskier the second time, but for now I have an order to buy at 12680 in case it goes down there again. Smaller size than the previous trade wold have been. We'll see.

Tends to be riskier the second time, but for now I have an order to buy at 12680 in case it goes down there again. Smaller size than the previous trade wold have been. We'll see.

Oh I think it will get there again, but I wont be buying. ;)