Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

This is the way I approach the markets & trade. I am open to any and all criticism/help/opinion/idea.

I taught myself to trade without any help from professional traders. It's been a hard road but one I willingly accepted because I want this above all hardship.

the only advice I have when you move over to REAL trading is that you're swimming with sharks. The system is designed for you to lose money. Always remember that.

the only advice I have when you move over to REAL trading is that you're swimming with sharks. The system is designed for you to lose money. Always remember that.

I already know all this tell me something I can use such as how did you know the DOW would gap higher at the open today?

:)

I already know all this tell me something I can use such as how did you know the DOW would gap higher at the open today?

I went to fortune teller. She says the dow will move higher. I said how do you know?
She responded that she passed her brokers license the month before so she can give financial advice.

maybe they have alzheimers and buy the tax cut again and again and again?

they have bought the tax cuts since the election

:LOL:

The pound is doing well, up at the highs for the year, so that must mean the ftse is doing really badly if they are inversely correlated.
Oh wait a minute they're NOT!

The pound is doing well, up at the highs for the year, so that must mean the ftse is doing really badly if they are inversely correlated.

The euro caused a shock in the system when it went below 1.07 last week, we're just waiting for normalization but the effects are clearly translated into the gbp/usd.
The only currency that survived this shock was the canadian dollar but that was due to the oil rally.

regarding your dow trade.
fair enough you thought it was overbought and may fall on monday-there is nothing wrong with that outlook and you could make a small bet on the hope that it would gap down.
i would have came in with my small bet near the dow close.i think you bet at 3 different times prior to the close.often the dow closes higher.you could have made a very small bet in the after hours market at say 1 dollar per point and a 50 stop.
remember you believe that it will gap down.however if it doesnt you are then wrong and need to get out.no praying and hoping etc-just get out of the position.(y)so you have a nice plan and a stop loss(y)
also remember that you are trading against the trend here.i stopped weekend trading when i had a nasty £800 loss when the marked gapped through my stops.

This is the way I approach the markets & trade. I am open to any and all criticism/help/opinion/idea.

I taught myself to trade without any help from professional traders. It's been a hard road but one I willingly accepted because I want this above all hardship.

SP500

Current PE is 26 long term average is 15

There no way forward earning can make up that gap

It will correct but the question is when.

You are not looking at the big picture , cable is still low at these levels , so yes they are not inversely correlated minute by minute ,but surely big trends in pound will effect the FTSE , watch for the teens in cable soon .

You are not looking at the big picture , cable is still low at these levels , so yes they are not inversely correlated minute by minute ,but surely big trends in pound will effect the FTSE , watch for the teens in cable soon .

Lets look at the BIG picture, 5 years of data.

FTSE vs GBP!

Currency changes are a small part of how the ftse moves.

Attachments

• ftse5yr.png
    ftse5yr.png
    93.1 KB · Views: 64
  • GBPX.png
    GBPX.png
    84.9 KB · Views: 60
Lets look at the BIG picture, 5 years of data.

FTSE vs GBP!

Currency changes are a small part of how the ftse moves.

There is no financial instrument that is 1:1 correlation with other products....over one week period, let alone 5 years.

is there anyway of setting up an alert on your phone re indicators like rsi macd when overbought oversold though a spread betting companies If working impossible to check all the time on computer

For this week, 54 companies from the S & P500 will be presented, including PepsiCo, Kraft Heinz and Cisco Systems. According to the FactSet, and so far, of the S & P500 companies that have reported their results, 67% have exceeded estimates in terms of profit and 52% in terms of sales.