Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

whats your target postman

Bounce off 20400 and then see how low it can go. If the crooks can bring the market down by 10% it forces the big funds to start selling.
Then once they have sold the crooks bring the prices screaming back up again so the big funds have to buy in at higher prices.

20,000 will be tested.

Dow managed the usual 50 point overnight move higher.
Not looking great for a gap down today but theres still time!

Lets look at the BIG picture, 5 years of data.

FTSE vs GBP!

Currency changes are a small part of how the ftse moves.

Yes its a small part , looking at the charts you just provided it shows that they are inversely correlated - somewhat - . Just check the Nikkei vs the Yen for another example .

Significant correllation in the last 4 years. imo.

Inverse relationship since June referendum pretty obvious.

There were pockets of variance over 4 year period but on the whole relationship clearly visible. Other pieces of news on GDP, BoP or BoE comments can equally dominate influence over short term.

Movement in European and US indeces can also sway the FTSE.

Attachments

• Pound_v_FTSE.JPG
    Pound_v_FTSE.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
I'm just going to stick with my 50 point overnight rise in the dow trade. It madness trying to short this market.

i think the sky is the limit atleast for the next few years.
tech innovation in my opinion will come back to the 1970-1990 levels

Regarding the commodities market, the price of oil was down today, fearing that OPEC could not maintain its strong commitment (known so far) to cut production of this raw material.

regarding your dow trade.
fair enough you thought it was overbought and may fall on monday-there is nothing wrong with that outlook and you could make a small bet on the hope that it would gap down.
i would have came in with my small bet near the dow close.i think you bet at 3 different times prior to the close.often the dow closes higher.you could have made a very small bet in the after hours market at say 1 dollar per point and a 50 stop.
remember you believe that it will gap down.however if it doesnt you are then wrong and need to get out.no praying and hoping etc-just get out of the position.(y)so you have a nice plan and a stop loss(y)
also remember that you are trading against the trend here.i stopped weekend trading when i had a nasty £800 loss when the marked gapped through my stops.

ok. thats more than a fair analysis. looking toppy here don't you think? looked toppy to me earlier in the week. we are going into a holiday on monday, how many players that bought lower will want to hold into that? we will see:eek:

i look at meta-levels, above the fray.

will we unwind here???

Last edited:
just drew a fib from 1/19 low to today high...on dow (ym)
will we see this, soon maybe.

we are 10 days higher here no lookback. anyone want to buy the dow here?

a
20250 = 38% retrace! thats about 3 out of 10 those days, which is also 1/3 retrace. =33%see my point? :/

i'd like to here your rationale.

Last edited:
just drew a fib from 1/19 low to today high...on dow (ym)
will we see this, soon maybe.

we are 10 days higher here no lookback. anyone want to buy the dow here?

a
20250 = 38% retrace! thats about 3 out of 10 those days

i'd like to here your rationale.

It's reporting season and ya can't get paid divvies if ya not in the market. There's a reason for the saying "sell in May and go away". Once ya have realised ya divvies and ya capital gains, then sell !!!!

Numpties short equities at all the wrong times. :LOL: