Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Your posts were initially informative and somewhat entertaining, but now you're just trying to belittle everyone else's strategy and trading methods. There's no need for it.

Waiting for confirmation such as an engulfing candle or a fib retracement level is a risk limiting exercise. Whether you're just looking at price action or patterns, what difference does it make.

Dude I'm not belittling anyone.... I was explaining the difference between trading the effect and trading the cause and being a trader who anticipates or one that needs a security blanket,

Listen am no going to argue with you since it seems to be tantrum hour or something....just simply block me and that way you can't see my posts since they are sh!t.

All good here mate with no issues.

Big egos on little people.

Discuss charts and techniques please, not who has longer d!ck...

BR

occasional lurker

Big egos on little people.

Discuss charts and techniques please, not who has longer d!ck...

BR

occasional lurker

Who has a big ego ?

And who was discussing d!cks?

Surely your not educated on anyone here to make such a comment about little people.

But can't be me as I clearly explained my side.

↑↓TriXx↓↑;2423924 said:
Who has a big ego ?

And who was discussing d!cks?

Surely your not educated on anyone here to make such a comment about little people.

But can't be me as I clearly explained my side.

:)

I know about all of you much more than you'd care to know. I read a lot and don't speak as much as some.

Have it you way. My point is simple:
- you have great technique. I agree with a lot of your technical stuff, except full blind entries. Downscale, and you can have a confirmed entry on same levels as you make them. Superb job with trading!
- don't rub it in
- For all ... written word is impossible to be understood same way as it was likely intended. So... don't take it personally whatever you read.

That's it from me.

on the DOW i see 17135 level as strong resistance from the daily chart.

On the 1 hour chart we will likely close as a spinning top

on the DOW i see 17135 level as strong resistance from the daily chart.

On the 1 hour chart we will likely close as a spinning top

If you see it as strong resistance.... are you going to enter at the level with small risk... or are you going to wait for it to bounce off the level by 30-60 points then enter ?

Just asking you, its not sarcasm! :whistling

↑↓TriXx↓↑;2423916 said:
FFS someone say something to break the ice.

I think for a novice trader like me who doesn't yet have the knowledge to do the sort of preparation you describe it's much easier to take the safe route and look for patterns and wait for confirmation.

I've been guilty of jumping the gun a few times and hopping in at what I had determined as support/resistance levels only to have it bust through on me because I didn't wait for confirmation. Obviously those levels I had identified weren't the major zones I should be looking for.

More work and study needed on my part but in the meantime I'll have to play it safe without falling into the trap of wanting too much confirmation. Otherwise I'll end up as sharkbait as Darktone calls it. Yep guilty of doing that as well.

↑↓TriXx↓↑;2423944 said:
If you see it as strong resistance.... are you going to enter at the level with small risk... or are you going to wait for it to bounce off the level by 30-60 points then enter ?

Just asking you, its not sarcasm! :whistling

I've been in since 2008...*lots of sarcasm*

you hope that there is res in your specified area

eh11mf.gif

areas of potential horizontal resistance shown
could be any one of these
the market does not respect calculated lines..so..it is hope

I'm torn between my S&P Friday close of 1995 and a 200 point drop on the Dow.
Hopefully I'll get both. :D

I think for a novice trader like me who doesn't yet have the knowledge to do the sort of preparation you describe it's much easier to take the safe route and look for patterns and wait for confirmation.

I've been guilty of jumping the gun a few times and hopping in at what I had determined as support/resistance levels only to have it bust through on me because I didn't wait for confirmation. Obviously those levels I had identified weren't the major zones I should be looking for.

More work and study needed on my part but in the meantime I'll have to play it safe without falling into the trap of wanting too much confirmation. Otherwise I'll end up as sharkbait as Darktone calls it. Yep guilty of doing that as well.

Mate..no worries and am not having a go at anyone, thats not how my posts were meant to come across.

I never said once that it was wrong to wait for confirmation, not once did I say that and I know you haven't said that either!

I was simply trying to express that your risk/reward massively improves if you anticipate rather than wait for confirmation, but not only that, you stand a much better chance of the trade maturing and working out as your stop loss if you use one does not need to be located below pin-bars or engulfing bars or any other type of pattern candles or whatever!

Most of the time but not all of the time price re-visits the same level you have entered, so most traders that wait for confirmation have stops below the confirmation point..ie: a pin-bar which is where the S&R level might be, so they get stopped out prematurely and have a bigger stop that what is needed. Then they start second guessing or trying to make a call if they should re-enter or not and it all becomes a bit of a mess and circus.

But even so, if you wait for price confirmation, your often waiting for price to move a % of the "trade" that's missed profit...missed opportunity...missed lower risk and can lead to second guessing as described above.

If you anticipate a move, then by the time others are scratching their head and deciding to enter 30-60pts or more later on the back of a pin or something, you are well in profit and deciding to scale out, hold or exit.

If you expect price to move say 0.5% off a support point and your entering the trade after its moved 0.2% or 0.3% then is that not telling you something ? The price can come back to that support which is 0.3% away, but your expected upside is only 0.2% away. But the trader who anticipates the level is already sitting pretty with .3% of the full move in the bank.

On to the levels...

Yes, you certainly can't just plot any old levels on the chart and then off you go and trade them all. Doesn't work like that nor do I suggest anyone does that!

It takes a bit of time and work to MAP the chart, I only trade levels/zones that have a technical factor on multiple time frames, there is a technique for doing this which would take a bit of time to explain. But there IS method to the madness as some people see it.

I do not blindly trade any old S&R level, a lot of care and attention goes into my chart mapping which leads me to confidently enter trades at those levels/zones without confirmation.