Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

DAX trying to reach yesterday's closing price.

The Dow is up massively compared to the other U.S. indices. Took a look and Visa is up nearly 9% and Mastercard over 6%. Visa is the largest single component of the Dow as it's a price weighted index (not market cap). Visa's share price is over $230 compared to the next most expensive - Goldman Sachs at $186. The majority of the Dow components are sub $100 stocks.

I'm not very experienced with indices. Does the DAX tend to follow the Dow?

DAX trying to reach yesterday's closing price.

The Dow is up massively compared to the other U.S. indices. Took a look and Visa is up nearly 9% and Mastercard over 6%. Visa is the largest single component of the Dow as it's a price weighted index (not market cap). Visa's share price is over $230 compared to the next most expensive - Goldman Sachs at $186. The majority of the Dow components are sub $100 stocks.

I'm not very experienced with indices. Does the DAX tend to follow the Dow?

Its really the NASDAQ

But keep your eye on the R2K as a leading market when it reaches levels as it often moves first before the DAX/DOW/S&P.

↑↓TriXx↓↑;2423840 said:
Its really the NASDAQ

But keep your eye on the R2K as a leading market when it reaches levels as it often moves first before the DAX/DOW/S&P.

Also if your trading DAX/DOW/S&P

Apart from the R2K you should monitor the NASDAQ Banks index....

↑↓TriXx↓↑;2423840 said:
Its really the NASDAQ

Thanks TriXx. I should keep a chart of the Russell 2000 open. I tend just to glance at the level and percentage moves every now and then.

The anticipation of the 8900/35 zone this morning which I highlighted as a spot to get long was the ATR overshoot zone.... before the fact and this was trading the EFFECT.

The anticipation to trade the tea cup formation before the fact was also trading the EFFECT.

If you traded 1 or 2 of these opportunities well done!

But now you have lots of people on twitter finding excuses for the moves after the fact....VISA is being touted as the cause, don't know and I certainly don't care.... is searching for a cause profitable or is anticipating the effect and getting in ahead of the move profitable?

Who cares what the cause is...Trade The Effect, Not The Cause!

↑↓TriXx↓↑;2423850 said:
The anticipation of the 8900/35 zone this morning which I highlighted as a spot to get long was the ATR overshoot zone.... before the fact and this was trading the EFFECT.

The anticipation to trade the tea cup formation before the fact was also trading the EFFECT.

If you traded 1 or 2 of these opportunities well done!

But now you have lots of people on twitter finding excuses for the moves after the fact....VISA is being touted as the cause, don't know and I certainly don't care.... is searching for a cause profitable or is anticipating the effect and getting in ahead of the move profitable?

Who cares what the cause is...Trade The Effect, Not The Cause!

If you wait for pin-bars you have missed a move, if you wait for engulfing candles you have missed a move, if you wait for breakouts you have missed a move, if you use P&F you have missed a move, if you wait for trends to develop you have missed a move.

If you expect something to happen, then grow a pair of balls and enter the trade...don't wait for it to happen then spend time trying to find an entry once its moved 30-40-50+ points.

I certainly traded part of it. Missed a fair bit of the move as it was late so I went and had a shower. Just curious as to the reason. Sometimes knowing the reason might give a hint as to whether a particular move will last or not. The other U.S. indices certainly haven't followed.

Tomorrow will be interesting.

↑↓TriXx↓↑;2423852 said:
If you wait for pin-bars you have missed a move, if you wait for engulfing candles you have missed a move, if you wait for breakouts you have missed a move, if you use P&F you have missed a move, if you wait for trends to develop you have missed a move.

If you expect something to happen, then grow a pair of balls and enter the trade...don't wait for it to happen then spend time trying to find an entry once its moved 30-40-50+ points.

Don't listen to me...am on a sugar rush after a packet of Marks & Spencer wine gums! :p

↑↓TriXx↓↑;2423852 said:

What a load of ********..so you use your gut feel? What if it's just your overcooked stew churning in your gut rather than a trading feeling>! :whistling

What a load of ********..so you use your gut feel? What if it's just your overcooked stew churning in your gut rather than a trading feeling>! :whistling

Who said I trade gut feeling....point me to the guilty man...where is he?

Tut tut anyway, why load of sh!t, because you don't agree with it nor know how to do it makes it a load of sh!t?

You ever heard of mapping ?

Doing your homework and mapping out the charts ?

Mate you sound like a scared wee trader that can't make a decision without a security blanket.... that's not a dig at you.

I map out my charts every night before bed on multiple time frames, I check the formations, the patterns, the levels, the confluence, the market profile.

All that data I then use to pin-point potential trading levels/zones which I have way ahead of the next days market open.

After the next days open and see where it actually opens and how the first hour of the futures are trading, I'm in a position to then know which levels I want to enter at before the fact....no confirmation, no waiting for pin-bars or other fancy patterns after the fact....I get in at the level while security blanket traders like yourself need to see a pin-bar 40 points later.

↑↓TriXx↓↑;2423878 said:
I map out my charts every night before bed on multiple time frames, I check the formations, the patterns, the levels, the confluence, the market profile.

All that data I then use to pin-point potential trading levels/zones which I have way ahead of the next days market open.

After the next days open and see where it actually opens and how the first hour of the futures are trading, I'm in a position to then know which levels I want to enter at before the fact....no confirmation, no waiting for pin-bars or other fancy patterns after the fact....I get in at the level while security blanket traders like yourself need to see a pin-bar 40 points later.

If thats a load of sh!t then thats fine with me mate, As I said before, works perfectly for me every month.

↑↓TriXx↓↑;2423870 said:
Mate you sound like a scared wee trader that can't make a decision without a security blanket.... that's not a dig at you.

Yes I am a wee little trader, so what? The security blanket is in line with my risk appetite. I have a full time job, I don't NEED this money to survive.

Anyway, good luck to you. Just stop posted BS about engulfings etc etc missing moves. The move needed to profit differs for all

Yes I am a wee little trader, so what? The security blanket is in line with my risk appetite. I have a full time job, I don't NEED this money to survive.

Anyway, good luck to you. Just stop posted BS about engulfings etc etc missing moves. The move needed to profit differs for all

DUDE!

I didn't call you a wee little trader in the manner your thinking...

I said your acting like a scared wee trader that needs a security blanket...As in timid and afraid to trade without something that has happened on the charts to make you feel comfortable about making a decision. Don't be going off in a huff and puff about something that you took the wrong way :p

And what I said about engulfings etc is not BS

Your posts were initially informative and somewhat entertaining, but now you're just trying to belittle everyone else's strategy and trading methods. There's no need for it.

Waiting for confirmation such as an engulfing candle or a fib retracement level is a risk limiting exercise. Whether you're just looking at price action or patterns, what difference does it make.