Anyone heard of Day Trade to Win

Dacamic,
my 2 cents:
Regarding the Atlas Line. I challenge you to draw any angled line a chart and it will do as well as ATLAS line.

Regarding the main trading method JP sells, to me it is unforgivable that "hindsight" results were posted. If it hit 4 pts, he counted that as 6 points (2 point T1 and 4 point T2), if it only hit 2 points and then retraced, his results show him pocketing 2 points on both contracts (he must be a genuis to know when to go for 4 points). Since, he no longer post his results to the outside world, I wonder if his lawyer advised removalof the dishonest results.

That said, I believe the system can be profitable when managed properly. First, if you have any gap trading expertise, you can filter out accordingly. Second, filter out any trades in the news windows since a lot of the trades coincide with 10 am releases. I watch for Forex Factory red reports in particular. Second, actively manage the second target using your own "price action" experience.
As per your math, you did not account that there are at leat 4 outcomes (full stop -10), Break even (hit first target, moved stop to BE then stopped for scratch trade), full winner 2 and 4 points = 6, and somewhere in between if you closed early.

Cheers
GG

GG, I believe you referenced me in your post by mistake. I am not sufficiently familiar with the subject software or ATLAS line to offer any in-depth opinion about them.

Dacamic,
my 2 cents:
Regarding the Atlas Line. I challenge you to draw any angled line a chart and it will do as well as ATLAS line.

Regarding the main trading method JP sells, to me it is unforgivable that "hindsight" results were posted. If it hit 4 pts, he counted that as 6 points (2 point T1 and 4 point T2), if it only hit 2 points and then retraced, his results show him pocketing 2 points on both contracts (he must be a genuis to know when to go for 4 points). Since, he no longer post his results to the outside world, I wonder if his lawyer advised removalof the dishonest results.

That said, I believe the system can be profitable when managed properly. First, if you have any gap trading expertise, you can filter out accordingly. Second, filter out any trades in the news windows since a lot of the trades coincide with 10 am releases. I watch for Forex Factory red reports in particular. Second, actively manage the second target using your own "price action" experience.
As per your math, you did not account that there are at leat 4 outcomes (full stop -10), Break even (hit first target, moved stop to BE then stopped for scratch trade), full winner 2 and 4 points = 6, and somewhere in between if you closed early.

Cheers
GG

Hey GG,

I have read all the threads on Day Trade to Win. I am a new trader. Are you still trading the Day Trade to Win Trading Method? How is it going? Also is there any other advise that you can give me about this method.

Thanks,
ASK

This is a very old thread but I wanted to ask for an update from you regarding using the indicator. Am I correct in assuming that you leased the Atlas Indicator for NinjaTrader?

Would like to know how you're doing with this indicator or if you're still using.

Thanks,
JWTRADES
Hi All,

I have been trading this system for a few months now. I did not buy the course but instead leased the indicator for Ninja for a month. Within a couple of days it became apparent that it is a simple breakout system so I did not renew the indicator. I paper traded through the new year and have been trading a real account since the first of the year. I was not comfortable with the 6 pts of risk for 2 pts of profit so I just use 4 pts. This has only failed a couple of times vs. the 6 pts risk. You'll notice from his website he only uses 5 pts risk for his performance chart but if you watch the videos he starts with somewhere in the 8-10 range when he gets filled.

For me, I'm happy trading his "method". In my two months approx that I've been trading this with real money I'm ahead which is great. I don't aspire to use this to provide my livelihood but as long as it is profitable I'm going to keep trading it.

I've never talked to John other than to pay for the indicator lease so I don't know how he is as far as customer service goes. Hope this might be helpful for anyone considering this system. I don't necessarily now that I am endorsing this method or not...I think I would consider myself neutral.

Hi JWTRADES,

My comments on here were based on his basic at the open method. I played around with the Atlas line but never saw any value in it. I do not trade either of his methods. The necessary risk vs reward is far too high to be long-term profitable imo. A lot of people on here will tell you the same thing, there are a lot of free methods available that will help you find your edge and you'll never have to pay anyone for them. I listened to that advice a couple of years ago and have been trading profitably ever since. I trade a simple moving average pullback setup on 5-minute bars. It gives a high reward for the risk with reasonable winning percentage. Look for a setup that you are comfortable with and take a lot of sim trades before you sink your money into the market. You'll just be spinning your wheels spending your money on paid indicators imo. Best of luck with your trading!

This is a very old thread but I wanted to ask for an update from you regarding using the indicator. Am I correct in assuming that you leased the Atlas Indicator for NinjaTrader?

Would like to know how you're doing with this indicator or if you're still using.

Thanks,
JWTRADES

Thanks very much for your quick reply, greatly appreciated. As I am in my 7th month of education and sim trading I'm still enamored by the "holy grail" syndrome. I enjoy T2W, BigMikes and other sites that have people like yourself that are willing to share their wisdom and hard won knowledge. I'm finding that one path leads to another and my learning is cumulative. I agree with you that I like simple better than complicated.

Thanks again!
jwhtrades

I bought the trade scalper course, Price action scalping course, and the ATO course. I liked the trade scalper course the best.

The Trade Scalper: I backtested it from 3/16/2011 to 4/28/2011. The results were incredible!! out of 245 trades there were 57 losses and 188 winners. Those numbers look better than they are though because you risk twice what you win - So you could say that the numbers are more like 114 (57 X 2) losses and 131 winners. The reason I say this system is incredible is because when you get a loss, there is an 89% chance(calculated from the 57 losses) that the next trade will be a winner - Which is why the system recommends that you double up on your position after a losing trade. When you double up on your position after a losing trade your total profits increase by 25%!!!! - This doubling up after a losing trade is what really makes this system a winner - without doubling up it is only mildly successful.

The Price Action Scalping Course: I have not backtested this course as extensively as The Trade Scalper. And I haven't yet traded this system, but it looks successful so far from my backtesting.

At The Open (ATO): You get at the most 1 t0 2 trades a day with this system. I have not backtested this at all yet, because I don't like how much I have to risk per trade, but I may use it sometime in the future. For now, I much prefer scalping and risking very little per trade.

I started this post in 2009 and have been on the fence about daytrade2win due to being severly ripped off by other vendors. I am still really interested and think I will go ahead but I am having trouble on deciding which course is best for me. I don't live in the US time zone so I find that trading the emini is near impossible as It's midnight where I live and I have to work the next day. Can the trade scalper be easily applied to the spot forex market. I find this the best market due the time zone difference, however I just took a break from my learning to trade journey for over 12 mths as I just felt like I was going around in circles. Chessbase can you tell me are you still using this system and what success are you having with it?

Thanks so much for your time.

I started this post in 2009 and have been on the fence about daytrade2win due to being severly ripped off by other vendors. I am still really interested and think I will go ahead but I am having trouble on deciding which course is best for me. I don't live in the US time zone so I find that trading the emini is near impossible as It's midnight where I live and I have to work the next day. Can the trade scalper be easily applied to the spot forex market. I find this the best market due the time zone difference, however I just took a break from my learning to trade journey for over 12 mths as I just felt like I was going around in circles. Chessbase can you tell me are you still using this system and what success are you having with it?

Thanks so much for your time.

I do agree with you that most systems out there are worthless. But, I feel I definitely got my monies worth from "The Trade Scalper Course".

The Trade Scalper Course does not work too well when the markets were overly volatile - But it's working again now. The Price Action Scalping Course works well in any market condition, and I would expect in any market - such as Forex (I have never traded Forex though). To be honest, over the last several months with the market being extremely volatile I had to develop my own trading system, which I been using for the last few months.

I liked the Price Action Scalping course, but I never actually traded with it very much (I like to make more trades then that system gives you). I have traded the Trade Scalper Course a lot though, and it worked great, until the markets got too volatile.

If I had to recommend one of the systems to you I would have to say the Price Action Scalping Course. I haven't backtested it on Forex, but I think it would work in those markets too. It is a little similar to a stock trading system I purchased from Josh Dipietro, Which I highly recommend for stock trading.

Before making a decision, what time frame trader are you (5 min, 1 hour..)? If you are a scalper I have found great success with VERY short term charts, such as 12 seconds! Before laughing at that, open a 12 second chart and see if you can't come up with a simple trading plan to take advantage of what you are seeing!

Re: The site seems all fluff and no substance.

Be careful of this one guys they give no trial and want some $597 for a course.
The domain is hidden by Whois Shield so you cant even find out who the person is to get a refund.
Its probably some 15yo from Latvia.
Paying with Paypal contrary to popular belief limits your ability to force a refund.
And as we see from some posts they do not honor the refund like they say.
This would more than likely be a scam.
Although the system might work sometimes, (everything works sometimes) they do not honor the refund policy.

Dr Jones is right. I have desputed 2 out and out scams that I bought thru paypal. And Paypal did always sided with the vendor! Pay by credit card whenever possible, not paypal. And yes, Dr Jones, whenever a company gives no free trial, one must ask why not? Also as with any system sold on the Internet, always ask...if it is so good why are they selling it? Yes there are honest vendors out there....... but you will surely have to get burned a couple of times to find out the signs of a good vendor. I'd guess maybe 2% tops, are worth considering.

Better to keep your losses very small and learn cheaply. It scares me that I see big brand name charting software vendors like Mirus and Ninja trader promoting new systems and vendors almost daily, and the speed is increasing. Seems all the money now is made in selling systems, not trading any longer.

#2-I dont trust any site you cant see where the site is located, And all their free videos seem to be hype about becoming a millionaire, and nothing about what indicators they use. That is a big red flag. I have been trading several years, bought several systems and many books. I dont know it all, but something smells fishy about : daytraderswin.com The name of the site alone is another red flag. I could be wrong......but they wont get my money.

#3- It has been said that every day trading system will eventually stop working.(Why else do people sell systems that allow you to back test them and they always are amazingly profitable...in the past!) So perhaps most systems for sale out there are all systems that had worked at one point...but no longer do so or.....are so barely profitable that there is more money in selling the system rather than trading it. I mean, if you had the holy grail, would you bother putting up an elaborate website and selling it? Wouldnt hedge funds seek "you" out? Just an experienced traders thoughts.....