Anyone heard of Day Trade to Win

trade2win

I have read the post, it sounds like only a couple people have actually benefited from that system. Being a green-horn, I'd like to see more positive results. Most people are saying, don't stop your day job because this system won't supplement, but if OOPOLO is correct in what he's making, I need to learn off of him, because that would definitely supplement my income. If I'm going to play, I want to win and I want to learn off success rather than someone trying to cash in.

I've bought the system but haven't had time to test it yet.
I've bought many systems and i expect to learn one or 2 new things from each.
i don't expect to earn a million a yr after buying one course.
i've learnt there are many, many ways to trade.

being an independent thinker is vital to making it in this business because volatility and market behaviour does change and being able to adapt when it does means surviving over the long term.
steve

I've bought the system but haven't had time to test it yet.
I've bought many systems and i expect to learn one or 2 new things from each.
i don't expect to earn a million a yr after buying one course.
i've learnt there are many, many ways to trade.

being an independent thinker is vital to making it in this business because volatility and market behaviour does change and being able to adapt when it does means surviving over the long term.
steve

try explaining to my wife that I've just paid $500 for a couple of gold nuggets. Not very wise if you ask me. If you claim you have the top level trading system, then that's obviously what I expected. I'm personally not going to keep giving my money away for a few nuggets at a time, that to me is not good DD. I want someone that knows the game and is willing to help. I don't know, maybe I want my cake and to be able to eat it too. Somethings just not adding up here, so many promises and so little nuggets. That's a price that I can't afford, nor am I willing to try. I'd love to be one of those rags to riches stories, so we can help other people out to. Rags to riches over nugget theory!

Finally making money trading

I also bought the Daytradetowin course and so far August trades have been profitable. The setups have been very strait forward. - that's why i like them. Its not easy trading from the UK but knowing the entries ahead of time lets me plan ahead. I read some of the negative comments and i don't agree with them. I am making money, for the first time and proud to say it. God knows i have bought into more than my share of trading related material. For the price I paid for this course i actually learned to trade with setups that work. I also recieved the updates to the course. They were free.

daytrade2win

I also bought the Daytradetowin course and so far August trades have been profitable. The setups have been very strait forward. - that's why i like them. Its not easy trading from the UK but knowing the entries ahead of time lets me plan ahead. I read some of the negative comments and i don't agree with them. I am making money, for the first time and proud to say it. God knows i have bought into more than my share of trading related material. For the price I paid for this course i actually learned to trade with setups that work. I also recieved the updates to the course. They were free.

gonna show my ignorance now, but can you make money when the market looses...or is it only on gains?

You make money in a down market by going "Short" or selling instead of going "long" or buying in an up market.

Cheers

Jgreene,
Is there a yahoo group to the DT2W users group. I am a user of this system and would be interested in how you have tweaked this system for possible better results. What have you found using the 5 min vs the 10 min bar. one better than the other?

Why don't those of use who bought the system work together and share some ideas to make this work better.

For example, I find the 5 point stop to much and thus have been testing other methods and also playing with the 3 bar 10 minute method which is much more conservative.

I will even start a Yahoo group if anyone is interested in improving their trading using this method.

If you do not own or use the product please do not contribute. I am looking for serious users of "Day Trade to Win" looking to improve performance.

FYI - I used the product last month and made $100 a day on one contract. I do not trade July.

Jack

Hello everyone, I recently setup a Facebook group for this if anyone is interested? I am afraid I am not used to yahoo so I created it in facebook. I am a new beginner in trading, and would like to talk to others who have been following John's course and method. Please visit:

Daytradetowin | Facebook

And join if you would like to.

I believe ChiDayTrader said it best. Its not an out-of-the-box solution. I'm sure John Paul and some of his students trade his methods successfully, but it takes some real skill/experience to go for 4 points with half the contracts and still come out with 2 points on them if the second target is not hit. And trading just for 2 points every time is not a profitable approach, according to John Paul himself.

August has been a very good month for his system, but he sent out an email in July when the system was really struggling. So just be aware that even an apparently decent system like this may take money back from time to time in future.

I traded this on paper for a month with pretty good results and now have completed the first week live (2 contracts)
28th Sept thru the 2nd October.
+6 points (2 and 4 points)
+6Points (vendor has posted a loss and then a re-entry win here), not sure where the disconnect is
-10 points
+6 points
+6 points
I am managing as follows: per the course and using 5 minute bars, start with a 5 point stop; as soon as first target is hit (2 points), sell half position and move stop to break even. Then monitor the trade. As price approaches the second target (4 points) I manage stop more aggressively. If price gets close, say three times without hitting i would look to close the position at best price i can get. If the price consolidates after hitting the first target and moves sideways for any lenghth of time (maybe 5 or more bars, i will start looking for an exit. If still in the trade at noon EST, I look to exit. I guess this is the discretionary part.

My general experience so far has been good. Done by 11:30 4 of the 5 days. The other day , per the course, waited for reentry after a loss, but didn't happen until late (I incorporated a personal decision in my trading plan not to take any trades after 2:30 PM). I am using a conservative 10K per contract (2.5% @ risk) but i think you could be a little more aggressive, maybe as much as 5% particularly when starting with a smaller account. I say this because it seems to have a very high hit rate and the stop is being moved up after the first target. The hit rate for the month of paper trading was almost 80 % (counting break evens as winners) but this is a pretty small sample. I did do some back testing much farther back that seem to indicate that this result is not that far out of the norm. I have set my initial expectations at 3 points per week per contract. This is a little less that the vendor is acheiving on his posted web page results (5 plus points per week per contract). Also, as an aside, I have had no problems with fills. In the course, the vendor suggests using MIT orders if fills become a problem but I so far I have not had any problems on entry or exits using only limit orders.

I may not be able to trade every day, but will post results when I do. We'll see if I can handle the stress when 3 or 4 losers in a row happen. Some things to consider in the future, changing initial stop as a function of current market volatility (maybe some function of the VIX). So, high VIX = bigger stops (and bigger targets as well).

Also, some Ninja scripter could easily code this strategy for a real back test (mine was a tedious chart walk through), and vary the stops to maybe fine tune for an optimum number, but for now, I will use the stystem pretty much out of the box.

And finally, the vendor's "automated" software is not needed and at 197 bucks a month is way overpriced to boot, but that is just my opinion. It basically just plots the setups giving you the entry limits (which are easily calculated), but some may find it convenient and ensure no mistakes are made. I could use a calculator to add 2 and 2 to make sure no mistakes are made, but i find it pretty easy to do in my head.

Good Trading to all....

razor99,

Thanks for some great data. I have found if the trade is 5 points in either direction and retraces to entry signal I do not take the trade. It seems to continue in that direction and hit my stops, which are the same as yours.

razor99,

Thanks for some great data. I have found if the trade is 5 points in either direction and retraces to entry signal I do not take the trade. It seems to continue in that direction and hit my stops, which are the same as yours.

Just to clarify, are you saying if the price is outside of the breakout by 5 points or more, you don't take the trade if it retraces and triggers?
Yesterday 4 Oct was a break even for me. Long setup at 1028.5 triggered and hit 2 points and I moved stop to break even. Pushed to 3 points but then retraced and stopped. There were 2 subsequent re-entries before noon that both would have hit 4 points, but i did not take them due to other commitments. It will be interesting to see what the vendor posts

Hi guys, I too have this course and have been going through diff options - I was playing this over in my mind trying to work out best way of reducing risk.

Could you see If I am correct and give me your feedback on the below please? I am a total newb and when I do go live I was lookign at trading 2 contracts as taught - however I am now thinking of just going for 1 contract for 2pts and gradually upping my quantity as time goes by and account grows..See I know the course suggests trading 2 contracts for 2 and 4 pts but read the below:-

If I trade only on 1 contract instead (to begin with) for just the 2 points daily, then each day I am risking $250 loss. However If I trade the 2 contracts to hit 2pts / 4pts then I am effectively risking $500 Loss..

Now, Looking back through the last 2 months, most of the days consisted of hitting the 2pts - then breaking even on the second contract (I would move my stop so lock in my initial 2pts on first contract - so it would be on entry) so you see I would only be taking the same $100 a day regardless. So really If i traded 2 contracts I would be risking $500 to gain $100 most days instead of risking $250 to win $100 for one contract. (This is only if second breaks even)

Example number 2..* Note in my own rules I would go in for second setup only - never a third should second lose also *
First daily setup loses, so on one contract I lose -$250, second is a winner making me $100 back so my daily loss is just -$150.

With using the 2 contracts, I lose first setup, so -$500 loss, then I win second (but only 2pts are hit and second breaks even) I make just $100. Daily loss is -$400
or
same as above except second trade hits both 2 and 4pts, I am now at a loss of -$200 on the day (this is still $50 more than utilising the 1 contract only)

Does this make sense?!? I am trying to minimise my risk to begin with, and gradually build my account up in order to trade over 2 contracts. So with the above calculations it seems using just the one contract at first is less risky (in terms of losing more per day) than using the 2 contracts for both 2 and 4pts?

In my head it makes sense to always up your quantity and just go for the 2pts daily.. your risking less but can still make huge profits on the 2pts as your quantity grows.

Anyone?

Would you not agree?

Hi guys, I too have this course and have been going through diff options - I was playing this over in my mind trying to work out best way of reducing risk.

Could you see If I am correct and give me your feedback on the below please? I am a total newb and when I do go live I was lookign at trading 2 contracts as taught - however I am now thinking of just going for 1 contract for 2pts and gradually upping my quantity as time goes by and account grows..See I know the course suggests trading 2 contracts for 2 and 4 pts but read the below:-

If I trade only on 1 contract instead (to begin with) for just the 2 points daily, then each day I am risking $250 loss. However If I trade the 2 contracts to hit 2pts / 4pts then I am effectively risking $500 Loss..

Now, Looking back through the last 2 months, most of the days consisted of hitting the 2pts - then breaking even on the second contract (I would move my stop so lock in my initial 2pts on first contract - so it would be on entry) so you see I would only be taking the same $100 a day regardless. So really If i traded 2 contracts I would be risking $500 to gain $100 most days instead of risking $250 to win $100 for one contract. (This is only if second breaks even)

Example number 2..* Note in my own rules I would go in for second setup only - never a third should second lose also *
First daily setup loses, so on one contract I lose -$250, second is a winner making me $100 back so my daily loss is just -$150.

With using the 2 contracts, I lose first setup, so -$500 loss, then I win second (but only 2pts are hit and second breaks even) I make just $100. Daily loss is -$400
or
same as above except second trade hits both 2 and 4pts, I am now at a loss of -$200 on the day (this is still $50 more than utilising the 1 contract only)

Does this make sense?!? I am trying to minimise my risk to begin with, and gradually build my account up in order to trade over 2 contracts. So with the above calculations it seems using just the one contract at first is less risky (in terms of losing more per day) than using the 2 contracts for both 2 and 4pts?

In my head it makes sense to always up your quantity and just go for the 2pts daily.. your risking less but can still make huge profits on the 2pts as your quantity grows.

Anyone?

Would you not agree?
Sounds reasonable, but I do find the method hitting 4 points fairly often. Certainly trading only one contract will reduce the risk. What really would be great if someone could program this in script and back test with varying stops (I don't have the time to mess with learning the coding right now). On my trade log I am tracking the heat the trade takes on the way to the first target and then to the second target.
In effect my trading 2 contracts per the sytem, the risk is 10 points to gain a full target of 6 points (1.67 risk to reward) Your suggestion is to risk 5 points to gain 2 (2.5 risk to reward). There are many experienced traders that will tell you that any sytem that offers a risk to reward less than 1 to 1 is doomed to fail (I would have been one of them until recently). However,there is no doubt that the method has a high hit rate and moving the stop up after the first target mitigates the amount of times that a full loss is encountered. Trading 1 contract does not allow you to do that.
In summary, I think trading multiple contracts gives the strategy the best chance for success but to get rolling trading just one contract might work.

Suggestion : put in the homework time and back test at least 50 trading days preferably 100 or more) to see if the single contract has a positive EV (expected value)

Good Luck

2 points versus 2/4 points

BTW seems straight forward math to determine if 2 points versus 2 and 4 point target is the way to go. Since you will be taking 200 bucks (on 2 contracts) versus either 0 points (hitting first target +2 points and then stopping out for -2 on second target) or hitting second target = 300 bucks, then the strategy needs to hit both targets twice as often as it stops out at break even.

Just to clarify, are you saying if the price is outside of the breakout by 5 points or more, you don't take the trade if it retraces and triggers?
Yesterday 4 Oct was a break even for me. Long setup at 1028.5 triggered and hit 2 points and I moved stop to break even. Pushed to 3 points but then retraced and stopped. There were 2 subsequent re-entries before noon that both would have hit 4 points, but i did not take them due to other commitments. It will be interesting to see what the vendor posts

Yes, that is correct and since that time I have found that after a buy/sell signal the trade goes 4 points without first filling, I do not take the trade when it retraces. It appears that upon retrace, more often then not, it blows right through the trigger and continues on and on.

Hello everyone, I recently setup a Facebook group for this if anyone is interested? I am afraid I am not used to yahoo so I created it in facebook. I am a new beginner in trading, and would like to talk to others who have been following John's course and method. Please visit:

Daytradetowin | Facebook

And join if you would like to.

Thanks for the site, lets hope it catchs on. I just posted a request about the individual test 3 pt stop and 3 pt target. How is it doing?

Thanks
Jack

Traders love data - Month of results

It seems the strategy had a good month as measured from 9/9 thru 10/8 today.

The results include live trading from 9/29

Total trades 25 - 2 contracts traded each trade
6 point winners (2 and 4 point target hit) 16 (sixteen)
Break Even Trades (2 points hit and then stopped at -2 on 2nd contract) - 2
(two)
-10 point trades - 5 (five) (one of these would have been a break even if I hadn't have made a mistake)
-2 point trades - 2 (two) (I look to close if target or stop is not hit by 11:30 -12:00 EST. Both of these were re-entry trades after a 10 point loser.

Today was the only no trade - no trigger by noon, I went and played golf.

Hit rate (includes break evens) 18/25 = 72%

Total points gained on 2 contracts = 42

42 X $50 - $100 commission = $1800

miscellaneous - most 6 points winners in a row 6. Most 10 point losers in a row 1.

Probably an exceptional month but .....

Thur. Oct 8th. A very bad day. A double stop out.
Short 1058.50 I did not recognize the entry candle as an exhaustion wick. Market reversed, went up & stopped me at 1063.50.

Re-entered long at 1066.50 using DTTW “chase the trade” rules. Did not act on price resistance pattern. Should have exited b/e. Only had 3 tics in at one time. Market went down & stopped me at -5 pts at 1061.75.

It will take 4 full +2 +4 point winners to make up for today.