Alpari discussion and help thread

Also spare a thought for those who have lost their jobs due to Alpari insolvency, Will/can the company be run under receivership ?

Alpari !!

Alpari have gone under... IG lost £30mio...

Anyone manage to withdraw funds from Alpari?

I've tried but they're not even accepting calls. The website states:
This has forced Alpari (UK) Limited to confirm today, 16/01/15, that it has entered into insolvency. Retail client funds continue to be segregated in accordance with FCA rules.

Anyone had any luck?

Will the clients with negative balances just walk out? Or will the insolvency administrator pursue them for all money they owe?

Alpari have gone under... IG lost £30mio...

Anyone manage to withdraw funds from Alpari?

I've tried but they're not even accepting calls. The website states:
This has forced Alpari (UK) Limited to confirm today, 16/01/15, that it has entered into insolvency. Retail client funds continue to be segregated in accordance with FCA rules.

Anyone had any luck?

All you can do on the Alpari site now is read the ****ing message. Phone numbers etc all removed. Contact and withdrawl impossible at the moment.

It must put the slightly wobbly Greek/Cyprus brokers at risk ?
AAAFX etc.
Those hiding in The Maldives and other faraway places too I expect

i managed to get a withdrawal request done earlier, but doubt ill get a conformation!

wait til hear some news on official receiver etc, (next week ?) or a company mail. Meantime get a report of your history on the account pulled off.

Anybody want to comment?

Hi guys, I'm a reporter covering currencies. Would anybody be interested in talking with me at the problems you're having with Alpari or any issues you had trading the franc on any platform yesterday? If you're on twitter you can contact me via @lucy_meakin. I'd love to be able to write more about how this is affecting traders like you. Thanks.

Yeah , good luck to all the ex staff . At least no ones put a nail gun to your head !

One door closes another opens n all that.

Swiss retail sector sales data down 1.2% as announced this am. After yesterday's SNB announcement, that's going to seem mild. Expect trouble amongst some UK & EU-based holiday/hospitality/travel firms if tourism takes a knock.

Hi Guys
http://www.brokerbankcruptcy.blogspot.co.uk/

This might help if anyone has any questions

They are stating (on alpari web) that client monies at this time 12.00 mid day , today, are properly segregated. As per UK law. So one assumes clients with positive balance , just need to wait for that aspect of it to be administrated etc..

I mean, no need for compensation scheme IF they administrate back the segregated funds to each client.

I suppose the LESSON to be learnt from this disaster is only trust blue chip brokers who are properly regulated ! As in UK and Europe. Maybe a few elsewhere places too, which I don't know.

Just closed longs on USD/CAD and Gold from the Open this am. Don't normally do intra-day stuff but these were just going begging. At least in forex, whatever unexpected happens, there's a possible reaction.

The great contribution to mankind from the Swiss has to be the Cuckoo clock !! Hurrah

not their timing of announcements.

The SNB has a lot to answer for !!

, i.e. Did they know in advance the impact this news would have on the world markets ? most likely yes !

Could the news of been drip fed released to give the market time to absorb it and react ? Again, most likely yes !

Who benefited bigtime (financially) from "black Thursday" ? we will probably never know !