Alpari (UK) Discussion

You guys have something special for Indian traders ?

Hi Samira,

Thank you for your post.

Rather sorry about the delayed reply. I’ve had a few days off :)

We value all of our clients equally and offer cutting-edge trading technology across all our platforms including MetaTrader 4.

However, we’ve have decided to relaunch our successful summer FX trading cashback promotion, with cashback options now available in sterling and euros as well as the US dollar.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick
Alpari (UK) Representative

Hi Samira,

Thank you for your post.

Rather sorry about the delayed reply. I’ve had a few days off :)

We value all of our clients equally and offer cutting-edge trading technology across all our platforms including MetaTrader 4.

Alexander Chadwick

What about INR Pairs ?

What about INR Pairs ?

Hi Samira,

Thank you for your reply.

We offer up to 65 currency pairs on MetaTrader 4 (MT4), including all the majors and some exotics. These are listed here. If any instrument is not listed, it is unfortunately not on offer.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick

Hi Samira,

Thank you for your reply.

We offer up to 65 currency pairs on MetaTrader 4 (MT4), including all the majors and some exotics. These are listed here. If any instrument is not listed, it is unfortunately not on offer.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick

We have some strict rules here in India, So can you just specify that do you offer INR currency to trade ?

We have some strict rules here in India, So can you just specify that do you offer INR currency to trade ?

Hi Samira,

Thank you for your post.

There are no INR pairs on offer.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick

Hi everyone,

I’m always happy to help and get asked a lot of basic questions about MT4. Thought a quick refresher maybe helpful.

Let’s see how everything fits together.

mt4-article2-article.jpg

1. Toolbar
View > Toolbars
Choose what appears on the Toolbar from the View menu
mt4-1.jpg

Opening a new order? Customising your chart’s appearance? Running Expert Advisors (EAs)? The toolbar can do it all. It’s an integral part of the platform, so become familiar with its layout and functions – you’ll be using them a lot.

2. Market Watch
Ctrl + M
Toggle Market Watch on and off
mt4-2.jpg

Market Watch is where you can view and access live prices on every market. You can track the daily highs and lows, as well as follow tick-by-tick movements.
Quick tip: If you can’t find the symbol you’re after, right-click inside the Market Watch and select ‘Show All’.

3. Navigator window
Ctrl + N
Launch the Navigator window
mt4-3.jpg

This is your central hub for everything you need relating to your account. Find all your accounts, EAs, indicators and scripts in this one location.

4. Terminal window
Ctrl + T
Switch the Terminal window on and off
mt4-4.jpg

Here you can keep tabs on your open positions and see your balance, equity and margin in real-time. You can even set trading alerts. This is one window you’ll want to keep looking into.

5. Chart window
Menu > Charts
Customise your charts appearance from the Charts menu
mt4-5.jpg

Charts track market movements and are a powerful trading tool. The chart window is highly customisable, allowing you to have multiple charts open at the same time and even trade directly from them.

Alex

________
Alexander Chadwick

Good riddance

It couldn't have happened to a better company. At least, now, they won't have any more retail traders to screw :)

I have used them as a strategy tester for years without issue until now

Congratulations. You're the first person I have encountered, in almost 30 years of trading, that would risk any, or all, of his account on strategy testing.

Does the phrase "demo account" ring a bell?

a good business to buy at the right price.robably get swallowed by ig.cmc

practically means we now had few brokers availabe to order :).
but i dont think ig would bother, reading some news article they also bear 30 million losses.

Special Administrators appointed to Alpari (UK) Ltd

Upon the application of the directors of Alpari (UK) Ltd, on Monday 19 January 2015, the High Court appointed Richard Heis, Samantha Bewick and Mark Firmin of KPMG LLP as joint special administrators of Alpari (UK) Ltd, under the Special Administration Regime (SAR). Alpari (UK) Ltd is a company incorporated in the UK.
Alpari (UK) Ltd applied for insolvency on Monday 19 January 2015 following the decision on Thursday 15 January 2015 by the Swiss National Bank to remove the informal peg to the euro at around 1.20 Swiss francs. The announcement by the SNB prompted volatility across the foreign exchange markets which saw the company and many of its clients make large losses. After a weekend spent in urgent discussions with various parties with a view to selling the company, these efforts were ultimately unsuccessful.
We have had a number of enquiries from interested parties in relation to the company's business. We will be speaking with these parties and others over the next few days, and hope to secure a deal to preserve the business and jobs as far as possible.

For all queries, please contact:
[email protected]

Is there any precedent (ie brokerage firm) for this in terms of length of time to disburse funds back to clients?

I'm eager to get my money back. Having it just sat there isn't earning me anything.

Is there any precedent (ie brokerage firm) for this in terms of length of time to disburse funds back to clients?

I'm eager to get my money back. Having it just sat there isn't earning me anything.

Keep an eye on developments here https://www.insolvency-kpmg.co.uk/case+KPMG+AF119D1101.html

But, looks like clients with cash balances (and no outstanding other open trade claims ) , should begin to see some movements over the next 8 weeks or so...... ?

I think.

:)

Congratulations. You're the first person I have encountered, in almost 30 years of trading, that would risk any, or all, of his account on strategy testing.

Does the phrase "demo account" ring a bell?

Really? you call trading ten pence a pip at 100\1 leverage on a £50 pound account risking it all!!!!! Demo trading, if you haven't already figured this out, doesn't reflect true market entries because NOTHING actually goes to market\or the broker for that matter. Anyone who has tested strategies on demo know fully well that they don't get the same outcome on a live account - and i am not referring to emotions. What rock are you living under?