Active day and swing traders

just closed all my remaining blt may buy them back in opening auction. but still have half rio left.

khi said:
gone long in imt, anyone in the same boat? any comments?

khi

Chart as promised.

It's quite difficult to comment given your fast-fingered approach as opposed to my lumbering one :confused: From my perspective, though, today may have been the swing low of the retracement but it hasn't been a "clean" retracement with that 6 daysworth of congestion. If this one was in my stable I'd think of entry if today's high goes, say 1503, but that'd be right in the bottom end of that dirty air so I'd probably pass, notwithstanding that it's been two days of leaping up from 1480 level.

I expect plenty take a different view and your order book reading even more so, but each to their own :)

good trading

jon

ps: :eek: just seen I'd used yesterday's chart but now corrected and edited to suit. Sorry.

Attachments

• imt.gif
    imt.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 229
thanks so much jon,

thorough analysis as always, respect and totally agree with u. my excuse to enter today is due to the intraday reversal. but as usual i have my stop loss attached just hope i dont get stopped out too soon mate.

cheers ttut

Last edited:
khi said:
thanks tex for using this thread, i personally trade only ftse 100 stocks for its liquidity, but i am sure there are many others on this thread would be interested in trading aim stuff, and i know a few very successful traders who trade entirely on second liners too.

pls keep us informed mate and keep posting ur ideas.

and do feel free to let me know if u need any info. i will do my best to help.

Thanks for the welcome ;-)
I'm having trouble working out how to start a new thread on SKN, could some one point me in the right direction ?
btw SKN (SKG on the ASX) just announced that the $23 million payment has been delayed for 60 days.
I have a good understanding of the Nasdaq and ASX markets, but would like to learn more about the UK markets.
Don't be so quick to right-off penny stocks :LOL:

On ya Cobber !!!....................Tex.

mornign all, some strong activities of buying at pre market opening auction in itv at last.

good story in itv, i have been holding them for almost two weeks, and almost sold them yesterday cos i got fed up with them. its a good job i didnt. pheeeeeew!

ftse is falling, looks like histroy is going to repeat itself again, today last year things went pear shaped. so i have closed rbs and rio and barc. and looking for some shorts to do now (guess the sun is coming back out again soon...).

out of itv for the time being, will buy back later on. mmmm nice

:cheesy:
khi said:
my shorts are going well (for the moment anyway) wonder if anyone on the same boat? ici, rtr, hbos and rr.

Good weather for shorts in England at the moment.
Courteous of Mr. McGrath and Mr. Lee. : :cheesy:

peernot said:
:cheesy:

Good weather for shorts in England at the moment.
Courteous of Mr. McGrath and Mr. Lee. : :cheesy:

not today as its been cooler and thunderstorm last nite. but the forecast said its gonna be weather for shorts again towards the end of the week. so gotta take my shorts back out of the waldrobe. u see shorted blnd and looking to short a few more stuff later on

whats gonna happen today? thin volumn on open. well i shold sit still (no fiddlers elbow :cheesy: ) on my postions and wait for more activities later on (lets hope they gonna swing the right direction). ML has upgraded miners good job i bought back the blt and anto (that make me feel better anyway).

Hi Everyone

I have a couple for you this morning.

IMT sell - currently at 1488 would be looking for around 1460-1464

UBM buy - currently at 497 would be looking for around 520 - 530.

thanks jill

i have just closed half of my imt long. it does look bad, and just shorted rr., and i am going to short glh

up and down, and up and down. well proper sucking in time. i must stop my hyperactive figers and sit tight, i dont want to be lost in consolidation.....