Active day and swing traders

i am long in rbs any view, guys? COME ON MINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

khi said:
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaa COME ON MINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

khi

I see you're staying emotionless, cool and detached then :cheesy:

good trading

jon

barjon said:
khi

I see you're staying emotionless, cool and detached then :cheesy:

good trading

jon

morning jon,

yeah only when they are going the right way for me, otheriwse i am as :cool: as ice when it comes to cutting losses. need to have some fun to stay on full time mate.

any thoughts on rbs?

cheers

hey guys, theres a news item for u to laugh about, that happened to me once. only mine was just around a couple of 100k worth

June 28 2005 at 07:44AM

Taipei - A Taiwan stock trader mistakenly bought $251-million (about R1,6-billion) worth of shares with a mis-key of her computer, meaning her company is looking at a paper loss of more than $12-million (about R79-million) and she is looking for a new job.
The trader with Fubon Securities mis-keyed in a small order from Merrill Lynch on Monday, creating confusion when many small firms inexplicably surged the seven percent trading limit.
"Something like this is difficult to explain to superiors," a Fubon executive said on Tuesday.
Fubon said that the trader was unfamiliar with new computer systems and would be fired.
"There is a paper loss of more than T$400-million (about R84-million)," said the executive.
"However, with a good outlook for stocks in the second half, there are no plans to sell the shares in the near term."

khi

:LOL: no plans to sell, eh - that's even funnier.

you're in and out of rbs like a fiddlers elbow - don't your transaction costs hurt? nothing to add on rbs than said before, the new uptrend (my version) has been confirmed but i'd be watching closely around 1715/25 level if it gets there.

jon

Hi Kim
I'm new to this forum, so please bear with me until I work out where all the bells and whistles are. :LOL:
I'm an Australian investor, but one of my stocks on the ASX has recently listed on the AIM.

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/...rices.htm?sym=AU000000SKG1GBGBXAIM B063187SKN

As you can see, it's not a very liquid trading stock at present, and it has fallen quite hard on the ASX since its duel listing (mainly due to a 1:42 consolidation on the asx).
However, I believe that this will be a nice performer over the next 6 months.
Add this one to your watch list and see how things develope.

If you need any info on the ASX I'm happy to help you,...........hopefully in exchange for a few tips on the UK exchange.
I'm self employed, and will be trading for a living full time at the end of 2007.
Keep your eye on SKN,...........They are due to land a US$23 million Russian deal at the end of this month (but it could fall through, the asx market has discounted the stock until they see if the deal is for real) There is a rumour that one of their major share holders will be involved in a reverse take-over by mid July.......a company called orion gateway that owns e-pay .

Skynetglobal owns Eon3, W-home, showshifter, and is the biggest home automation company in Australia.
They also have offices in UK,Malaysia and Singapore.
Well worth a read !

http://www.skynetglobal.com.au/skynet/press_release_archive.aspx

Regards, Tex.

barjon said:
khi

:LOL: no plans to sell, eh - that's even funnier.

you're in and out of rbs like a fiddlers elbow - don't your transaction costs hurt? nothing to add on rbs than said before, the new uptrend (my version) has been confirmed but i'd be watching closely around 1715/25 level if it gets there.

jon

haha, thats what my wife calls me - a fiddlers elbow. agree with that crucial level of 1715/25 as that was the previous resistance level.

texas4qld said:
Hi Kim
I'm new to this forum, so please bear with me until I work out where all the bells and whistles are. :LOL:
I'm an Australian investor, but one of my stocks on the ASX has recently listed on the AIM.

I'm self employed, and will be trading for a living full time at the end of 2007.
Keep your eye on SKN,...........They are due to land a US$23 million Russian deal at the end of this month (but it could fall through, the asx market has discounted the stock until they see if the deal is for real) There is a rumour that one of their major share holders will be involved in a reverse take-over by mid July.......a company called orion gateway that owns e-pay .

http://www.skynetglobal.com.au/skynet/press_release_archive.aspx

Regards, Tex.

thanks tex for using this thread, i personally trade only ftse 100 stocks for its liquidity, but i am sure there are many others on this thread would be interested in trading aim stuff, and i know a few very successful traders who trade entirely on second liners too.

pls keep us informed mate and keep posting ur ideas.

and do feel free to let me know if u need any info. i will do my best to help.

Last edited:
barjon said:
khi

blt,rio - system or gut feeling?

price action on order book mate, and also good to take a bit of profits after a good ride, will buy them back when theres more buying action though.

Query for UK share traders

khi said:
price action on order book mate, and also good to take a bit of profits after a good ride, will buy them back when theres more buying action though.

Is there a site that shows "most recently volatile UK shares" to assist in building up a watch list?

neil said:
Is there a site that shows "most recently volatile UK shares" to assist in building up a watch list?

sorry Neil i am not so sure, i trade FTSE100 stocks cos they are more liquid. whether they are more volatile will depend on differnt events and factors that cause the rise in volatily for individual stocks. but i am sure someone here may know. if ur a good at maths, i suppose u can work out the option price for individual stocks for their relatively higher volatility premium so u can identify which stocks are regarded as more volatile...(i know, i am talking bs!!)

Last edited:
khi

Got to respect your calls, but I'll just stay sat in my armchair. First bit of blt'll go at 725 if it gets there.

jon

barjon said:
khi

Got to respect your calls, but I'll just stay sat in my armchair. First bit of blt'll go at 725 if it gets there.

jon

thanks, jon, but i want it to come back a few more pennies first so i can buy them back, well i hope and pray anyway. hehe

Last edited: