Active day and swing traders

blt seems having a late recovery, good job did not get stopped out

Just come out of a short on RIO earlier today. RIO's been a good stock to trade for me. Gonna wait and see though.

Just come out of CNE at 1405 for 42 points from up 1363 after catching some of the downturn at the start of the week. The gap between the high and low's closing in on this one. Definitely still on the radar though. This one's been great recently.

Stopped out on AZN at 2248. Oh well, it's the w/e now anyway. :cool:

yeah jimmy1, the bear has the batton in hand. have a good weekend mate. and make more money money money next week, do let us know whats on ur radar though if u had a sec.

khi said:
yeah jimmy1, the bear has the batton in hand. have a good weekend mate. and make more money money money next week, do let us know whats on ur radar though if u had a sec.

I trawl through the FTSE charts about once a week to look for opportunities. I also keep a keen eye on the price boards for movers and update my list from there.

Hi khi and all others on the thread,
Went long on northern rock at £6.45 so its doing ok. More luck than judgement for me though.
Has anyone out there got a good,solid strategy for buy and sell signals that you are willing to share with me. Much appreciated if you would.
Bye for now
Eddie

eddies said:
Hi khi and all others on the thread,
Went long on northern rock at £6.45 so its doing ok. More luck than judgement for me though.
Has anyone out there got a good,solid strategy for buy and sell signals that you are willing to share with me. Much appreciated if you would.
Bye for now
Eddie

I got some for free when they went public in 97(?) as I had a mortgage with them at the time. Best trade ever. :cool:

Start reading the first steps forum. If you put in the hours and effort (a lot of both) you'll learn something.

hi eddie,

Thanks for showing interest in trading uk stocks. as jimmy1jag has kindly mentioned about the first step forum, if u had a couple of hours, just browse through this website. My main strategies, apart from trying to search for a chart formation and breakout, is more about risk and money management. The hardest bit when start trading is cutting losses and running profits. Personally, i think the only way to learn is to learn from ur own and other traders' mistakes, so i would suggest u to do paper trading first. Do keep a close eye on this thread or if u got any ideas pls share with us too.

hello all, hope u are enjoying ur weekend.

ooohoohoo..., The Dows fell another 3 digits again on friday due to rising oil price. So the odds on monday seem to be more in favour of shorting the market esp. those companies who consume a lot of oil and its related products. but a number of weekend newspapers are also writing about a rate cut in the UK as soon as the BoE's report comes out in August. So we may see some more buying action in the banking and house buider sector. lets see what happen then... good luck!! ttu on monday.

khi said:
hello all, hope u are enjoying ur weekend.

ooohoohoo..., The Dows fell another 3 digits again on friday due to rising oil price. So the odds on monday seem to be more in favour of shorting the market ...............

khi

...and all my poised signals are long :devilish: Be surprised if any trigger but you never know ;)

good trading

jon

barjon said:
khi

...and all my poised signals are long :devilish: Be surprised if any trigger but you never know ;)

good trading

jon

this is interesting jon, so what sectors are these long signals for?

a lot of time ppl (including myself of course :mad: ) do get sucked in in the first half hour of opening after a big move in the dows, so lets see whats gonna happen on monday morning then.

Quick question for you guys, do you monitor a specific group of shares or do you look at all of them in the FTSE 100 to find a setup you like. I am conscious that if you are day trading and monitoring 100 stocks you could easily miss signals (if you trade technically).

Cheers
Verno

khi - ....well 3 are in mining :)

verno - my poised signals come from the daily and trigger on intraday action, have a stable of around 15 pretty permanent and another much more fluid 10-15 which come and go depending on their trend position.

good trading

jon

barjon said:
khi - ....well 3 are in mining :)

verno - my poised signals come from the daily and trigger on intraday action, have a stable of around 15 pretty permanent and another much more fluid 10-15 which come and go depending on their trend position.

good trading

jon

good morning all, hope u all had a good weekend.

thanks jon, i have got back in blt at 704 ( a lil too early) on thursday for the retracement, i am also keen on goin to buy rio again too.

khi

Hi KHI,

I have just found this thread and think it is a great idea. I also trade UK stocks and will be happy to post a few trades here. I have been long oil sector for some time but closed positions last week as oil approached $60. As it has broken through I will see if it holds before going long again. Favourite stocks in oil are dnx, vpc and tlw. Currently lookiing for re-entry point on miners but so far today not looking strong. When time is right anto and blt will be the favourites. Other then that, still holding utilities KEL & PNN as defensive stocks to hold through rough times in markets. Will post more during week.

S

superstar said:
Hi KHI,

I have just found this thread and think it is a great idea. I also trade UK stocks and will be happy to post a few trades here. I have been long oil sector for some time but closed positions last week as oil approached $60. As it has broken through I will see if it holds before going long again. Favourite stocks in oil are dnx, vpc and tlw. Currently lookiing for re-entry point on miners but so far today not looking strong. When time is right anto and blt will be the favourites. Other then that, still holding utilities KEL & PNN as defensive stocks to hold through rough times in markets. Will post more during week.

S

welcome superstar, thanks for joining uS.

agree with what u say, my position in blt also supports that. it is too early to re-enter miners :( its a good job i have a few short positions running from last week too. its summer time ey, u never go wrong with a few pairs of shorts in the waldrobe.

Last edited: