A million dollars in 3 months

The most recent shutdown I had, I wasn't even scalping on it. It was the account I worked side-by-side with my live trades. It was my MT--LT demo account, that directly paralleled my live account.

yep, I remember talking to you about it. I already am trading a couple of demos. I don't have time to trade the way I want but I'm trying to get in 4-5 trades a day, rather than one. If I didn't work, I could go for something closer to 10 trades or 15, that's when I believe I could multiply an account rapidly. Not to 1 million, but certainly from 5k to 1ook.

Also, I am surprised that a broker would shut someone down from demo performance! I've heard only a few responses that Oanda has done that to people. Kind of a bummer there.

I know they did a few years back, putting it under the label of "latency" scalping, saying people were using faster quotes to cheat their system. I imagine they could throw that label on anyone they wanted. Probably their plan b. pshh.

Maybe I could have been a little more diplomatic in my approach, but he came on heer with his claims, and then the numbers he threw out still fell way short of complying with his claims. As I mentioned before, if some newbie gets on here, at least the venture was worthwhile if they were spared with parting with their money to someone with an ulterior motive.

I realize that Jazz is a vendor, but he never pushed his system, so i think that should be left out.

Yeah I guess I'm not making enough yet for them to do that. The first time will be an honor. The next time will be annoying.

sorry to hear about that.

Maybe I could have been a little more diplomatic in my approach, but he came on heer with his claims, and then the numbers he threw out still fell way short of complying with his claims. As I mentioned before, if some newbie gets on here, at least the venture was worthwhile if they were spared with parting with their money to someone with an ulterior motive.

Right. Yeah I'm not saying you went over the top or anything. That's what the board is for, a big arguement and then people can come in and sort the facts from the fiction. Kind of like politics, except with facts involved.

Yours is the same advertisement that comes across as an advertisement many of the times I get an e-mail concerning forex. "How I turned 3K into 41K (You said 38K) in 2 months". You guys' story is all the same. You don't need to try your underhanded ways of selling your software if that was the case. At pace you are worth $46 billion in 12 months, which puts an additional perspective on what you are trying to sell.
It is also not mathematically believing I am right. I took the mathematics in the origination of this and blew you out of the water.
It is not a matter of opinion. I presented nothing but facts, and if a gullible newbie was saved by this, then it was worth it. The beginning of this thread, as well as what you said, appeals to peple's fantasies, so they don't have to work and put in nay worthwhile effort to earn their money. In other words it appeals to laziness.

I don't know who you are and what your problems is. I never emailed anyone about software, etc as I am a discretionary trader. You are the only one here acting as if he has something to sell as you are behaving as if you know the ins and outs of trading. You might not be able to trade with 10:1 lev. over a long period of time without getting blown up but that doesn't make it impossible or impractical for others to do it with ease. Obviously it wouldn't be wise to trade a 100k account with 10:1 lev. but making 10,000% on 5k in 3 months is not even that big a challenge provided your system has good entry points. Again, many individuals have proved this so I don't need to join the bandwagon. You are just a wolf in sheep clothing, I guess we should call you the "Great Protector" of newbs. :sneaky:

BTW: You making 3000 pips in 2 days means nothing if you had more than one open position at any given time. Too bad the bank doesn't count pips :sleep:

I realize that Jazz is a vendor, but he never pushed his system, so i think that should be left out.

I don't sell trading systems but I'm a money manager and that was the closest description of what I do in the options available.

First, you weren't making any sense, and now you outdone yourself.
If I'm the "Great Protector" (which I'm not, btw), then I could not be a wolf in sheep's clothing. Also, in just being me, thee is no peripheral facade that is needed.
I am not "acting". I have an excellent methodology. Why would I want to sell you anything? I'm confident most of the traders on this forum feel the same way about their personal trading.
There have also been more comments than my own that blows your theories out of the water. I just took the numbers and proved you wrong.
Another fact of how you are outdoing yourself was in this comment, " You making 3000 pips in 2 days means nothing if you had more than one open position at any given time. Too bad the bank doesn't count pips."
1. I made it perfectly clear it was not a big deal.
2. I furnished the proof when I originally made the trades, then showed the sheet 2 days after to prove it. I only wanted to prove it could be done.
3. It's an obvious statement the back does not count pips, which is why I convert those pips into $$$.
4. "It means nothing if I have more than one opne position"!?!?!? I'm not sure you have a clue. The only way I ran that many pips up in 2 days was through having 17 positions open at one time. You can't do it on one poisition.
5. To further exemplify my desire to prove it could be done, but the fact is was not a big deal, I had .2% margining on those positions.

Also, a "discretionary trader" has discretion, when means a discretionary trader does not get in a forum like this, claims he is a swing trader, made almost 1300% in 2 months, when the numbers clearly do not support that. Swing trades make a lot of pips per trade, but they are not making the outrageous claims such as the ones you enunciated. Again the numbers do not support swing traders making 1300% in 2 months at 12.5%, 11.8%, or 10%. The numbers that are fully supportive of swing traders is that they make triple-digit pips on most of their trades.

Let me refute something else you said. If a proper methodology works over a small period of time, then it will work over a long period of time. Other than that, it is all smoke. In essence, and in the spirit of fairness, the 3,544 pips in 2 days I made was also smoke, because generally speaking, I will never have 17 trades up at one time, and I will never use .2% margin on a regular basis. In essence, and just to prove a point I was making to someone else, I went outside the proper parameters of my methodology to prove the point.
Also, with your claims on 3K-41K, the numbers still did not add up. I caught you at the beginning on that.
I act like I know all the "ins and outs of trading"? No, not really. You just ran into someone that blew your doors off with some common sense mathematics. As far as my trading is concerned, I'm good. I'm not going to deny it, but I can still be the humble little student as well as the Samurai. My expressed confidence towards my trading is only based on my methodology and the ability to trade within its parameters. Other than that, I'm no better than the guy at Mac Donald's flipping hamburgers.

I don't know who you are and what your problems is. I never emailed anyone about software, etc as I am a discretionary trader. You are the only one here acting as if he has something to sell as you are behaving as if you know the ins and outs of trading. You might not be able to trade with 10:1 lev. over a long period of time without getting blown up but that doesn't make it impossible or impractical for others to do it with ease. Obviously it wouldn't be wise to trade a 100k account with 10:1 lev. but making 10,000% on 5k in 3 months is not even that big a challenge provided your system has good entry points. Again, many individuals have proved this so I don't need to join the bandwagon. You are just a wolf in sheep clothing, I guess we should call you the "Great Protector" of newbs. :sneaky:

BTW: You making 3000 pips in 2 days means nothing if you had more than one open position at any given time. Too bad the bank doesn't count pips :sleep:

First, you weren't making any sense, and now you outdone yourself.
If I'm the "Great Protector" (which I'm not, btw), then I could not be a wolf in sheep's clothing. Also, in just being me, thee is no peripheral facade that is needed.
I am not "acting". I have an excellent methodology. Why would I want to sell you anything? I'm confident most of the traders on this forum feel the same way about their personal trading.
There have also been more comments than my own that blows your theories out of the water. I just took the numbers and proved you wrong.
Another fact of how you are outdoing yourself was in this comment, " You making 3000 pips in 2 days means nothing if you had more than one open position at any given time. Too bad the bank doesn't count pips."
1. I made it perfectly clear it was not a big deal.
2. I furnished the proof when I originally made the trades, then showed the sheet 2 days after to prove it. I only wanted to prove it could be done.
3. It's an obvious statement the back does not count pips, which is why I convert those pips into $$$.
4. "It means nothing if I have more than one opne position"!?!?!? I'm not sure you have a clue. The only way I ran that many pips up in 2 days was through having 17 positions open at one time. You can't do it on one poisition.
5. To further exemplify my desire to prove it could be done, but the fact is was not a big deal, I had .2% margining on those positions.

Also, a "discretionary trader" has discretion, when means a discretionary trader does not get in a forum like this, claims he is a swing trader, made almost 1300% in 2 months, when the numbers clearly do not support that. Swing trades make a lot of pips per trade, but they are not making the outrageous claims such as the ones you enunciated. Again the numbers do not support swing traders making 1300% in 2 months at 12.5%, 11.8%, or 10%. The numbers that are fully supportive of swing traders is that they make triple-digit pips on most of their trades.

Let me refute something else you said. If a proper methodology works over a small period of time, then it will work over a long period of time. Other than that, it is all smoke. In essence, and in the spirit of fairness, the 3,544 pips in 2 days I made was also smoke, because generally speaking, I will never have 17 trades up at one time, and I will never use .2% margin on a regular basis. In essence, and just to prove a point I was making to someone else, I went outside the proper parameters of my methodology to prove the point.
Also, with your claims on 3K-41K, the numbers still did not add up. I caught you at the beginning on that.
I act like I know all the "ins and outs of trading"? No, not really. You just ran into someone that blew your doors off with some common sense mathematics. As far as my trading is concerned, I'm good. I'm not going to deny it, but I can still be the humble little student as well as the Samurai. My expressed confidence towards my trading is only based on my methodology and the ability to trade within its parameters. Other than that, I'm no better than the guy at Mac Donald's flipping hamburgers.

http://www.informedtrades.com/blogs/don1987/

Go and refute this(I must say I don't have the balls to do this live or willing to put my account statement out there like that but I do have the skills to do it). As I have mentioned before, you are right no matter what you think or say. Take care

You and I agree on something, but it is only where we are of the same opinion. I also will not psot a live account in a venue like this. I placed my trades on a demo account simultaneously.
I understand you have no grasp on the numbers and then the contradictions you have stated. By compounding those gains (3K--41K in 2 months) over just 1 year, you would be worth $19,576,378,000 (That's billions.). If that was the case, you would be listed in the "Forbes Who's Who".
Nope, you were wrong again. I have been wrong many times. I have made 26 losing trades this year. I've made many other mistakes. Now, I appreciate the fact you hold me in such high regard that you think I'm God, and I appreciate that compliment. But, I'm afraid you were wrong again. I do make plenty of mistakes, believe it or not.
The difference is that throughout this entire discourse, it is not based on opinion, but mathematical fact, and that is based on the numbers you gave. It is based on the copious examples that were given. Also, I acknowledged the possibility before this all started, but you have proven you have never done it.

http://www.informedtrades.com/blogs/don1987/

Go and refute this(I must say I don't have the balls to do this live or willing to put my account statement out there like that but I do have the skills to do it). As I have mentioned before, you are right no matter what you think or say. Take care

You and I agree on something, but it is only where we are of the same opinion. I also will not psot a live account in a venue like this. I placed my trades on a demo account simultaneously.
I understand you have no grasp on the numbers and then the contradictions you have stated. By compounding those gains (3K--41K in 2 months) over just 1 year, you would be worth $19,576,378,000 (That's billions.). If that was the case, you would be listed in the "Forbes Who's Who".
Nope, you were wrong again. I have been wrong many times. I have made 26 losing trades this year. I've made many other mistakes. Now, I appreciate the fact you hold me in such high regard that you think I'm God, and I appreciate that compliment. But, I'm afraid you were wrong again. I do make plenty of mistakes, believe it or not.
The difference is that throughout this entire discourse, it is not based on opinion, but mathematical fact, and that is based on the numbers you gave. It is based on the copious examples that were given. Also, I acknowledged the possibility before this all started, but you have proven you have never done it.

You can use mathematics all you want but I know I did it using an average lev. of 12.5:1 and made over 2700 pips in the process. There is no possible way to know how much someone make using just average leverage and the amount of pips because the possibilities would be endless(almost). A little knowledge is a dangerous thing :LOL:

Assuming you traded only the pairs that the USD is the secondary currency, then on 12.5% leverage, 2,700 pips is 338% gains on your account. At 12 1/2% you are doubling your account every 800 pips, so at 2,700 pips, you doubled your account 3.375 times, whcih means (rounded off) you made 338%, or on an account of $3,000, your account wil increase to $13,125. Most other currency pairs would have yielded less that that.
You said, "There is no possible way to know how much someone make using just average leverage and the amount of pips because the possibilities would be endless(almost)." You better quit. You are showing your ignorance to a lot of people. That is also a fact just by your statement.

You can use mathematics all you want but I know I did it using an average lev. of 12.5:1 and made over 2700 pips in the process. There is no possible way to know how much someone make using just average leverage and the amount of pips because the possibilities would be endless(almost). A little knowledge is a dangerous thing :LOL:

Assuming you traded only the pairs that the USD is the secondary currency, then on 12.5% leverage, 2,700 pips is 338% gains on your account. At 12 1/2% you are doubling your account every 800 pips, so at 2,700 pips, you doubled your account 3.375 times, whcih means (rounded off) you made 338%, or on an account of $3,000, your account wil increase to $13,125. Most other currency pairs would have yielded less that that.
You said, "There is no possible way to know how much someone make using just average leverage and the amount of pips because the possibilities would be endless(almost)." You better quit. You are showing your ignorance to a lot of people. That is also a fact just by your statement.

LOL! Do you know what average leverage is? The 12.5 is not relative to the 3k(so it's dumb to multiply 3 x 12.5). Average leverage refers to the sum of the leverage used on each trade divided by the number of trades placed. Since you don't know the amount of lev, used on each trade then it would be impossible for you to accurately calculate the total profit. Get it? :LOL:

Wow! You missed it again. Do a little better job this time at following my thought. I know I'm not the smartest guy in the world, and you are having your laughs, but you don't hold a candle to me, mathematically. This is very clear.
At 12 1/2% leverage, your account doubles with every 800 pips gained, if it is the pairs with the USD as the secondary currency. ( Let's pause for a minute, so that will sink in.)
Therefore, if your account is doubling every 800 pips, and you gained 2,700 pips, then your account is up 3.375 times what it was, because 2,700 is 3.375 times as much as 800 (Let me pause again. This might take ahwile to sink in again.)
So, with 2,700 pips gained, and you started with $3,000, then your account gained $10,125 (Uh oh, be careful. The numbers are getting bigger.)
Add 3,000 to the 10,125, Your account would have had $13,125.
Therefore to answer your question, I do know what leverage is. I will not ask you, because it is plain you do not understand the mathematics with leverage, pips ganied, and the compounding effect it has on your account.
I'll give you my e-mail and I'll give you a free class in Forex Mathematics 101.
I don't care if you used 15%. We are still no where close to your 3K--41K.
Do I "get it"? I'm waiting for you to get it. Get it?

LOL! Do you know what average leverage is? The 12.5 is not relative to the 3k(so it's dumb to multiply 3 x 12.5). Average leverage refers to the sum of the leverage used on each trade divided by the number of trades placed. Since you don't know the amount of lev, used on each trade then it would be impossible for you to accurately calculate the total profit. Get it? :LOL:

1) Open a $1000 account.
2) Keep staring at the balance while consuming 2 sixpacks of beer
3) Will start to look like $1,000,000 shortly.

Peter

Wow! You missed it again. Do a little better job this time at following my thought. I know I'm not the smartest guy in the world, and you are having your laughs, but you don't hold a candle to me, mathematically. This is very clear.
At 12 1/2% leverage, your account doubles with every 800 pips gained, if it is the pairs with the USD as the secondary currency. ( Let's pause for a minute, so that will sink in.)
Therefore, if your account is doubling every 800 pips, and you gained 2,700 pips, then your account is up 3.375 times what it was, because 2,700 is 3.375 times as much as 800 (Let me pause again. This might take ahwile to sink in again.)
So, with 2,700 pips gained, and you started with $3,000, then your account gained $10,125 (Uh oh, be careful. The numbers are getting bigger.)
Add 3,000 to the 10,125, Your account would have had $13,125.
Therefore to answer your question, I do know what leverage is. I will not ask you, because it is plain you do not understand the mathematics with leverage, pips ganied, and the compounding effect it has on your account.
I'll give you my e-mail and I'll give you a free class in Forex Mathematics 101.
I don't care if you used 15%. We are still no where close to your 3K--41K.
Do I "get it"? I'm waiting for you to get it. Get it?

Which cave did you crawl out of? It seems that I will have to spell this out for you. For example I made 27 trades total and each trade made 100 pips. Lets go:

First trade: Lot size = 3 x 12.5 = 37500 units(3.75 mini lots)
So profit = $375 and new balance = $3375

2nd trade: Lot size = 3.75x 12.5 = 46875 units(4.6875 lots)
So profit = $468.75 and new balance = $3843

3rd Trade: Lot size = 3.843 x 12.5 = 48046 units(4.8 lots)
So profit = $480 and new balance = $4323

4th Trade: Lot size = 4.3 x 12.5 = 54037 units(5.4 lots)
So profit = $540 and new balance is $4863

5th trade: Lot size = 4.86 x 12.5 = 60787 units(6 lots
So profit = $607 and new balance = $5470

6th Trade: Lot size = 5.4 x 12.5 = 68375 units(6.8 lots)
So profit = $683 and new balance = $6153

7th trade: Lot size = 6.15 x 12.5 = 76912 units(7.7 lots)
So profit = $770 and new balance = $6923

8th trade: Lot size = 6.9 x 12.5 = 86537 units(8.65 lots)
So profit = $865 and new balance = $7788

9th trade: Lot size = 7.79 x 12.5 = 97350 units(9.74 lots)
So profit is $974 and new balance = $8762

10th trade: Lot size = 8.76 x 12.5 = 109525 units(10.95 lots)
So profit = $1095 and new balance = $9857

11th trade;Lot size = 9.86 x 12.5 = 123212 units(12.32 lots)
So profit = $1232 and new balance = $11089

12th trade: Lot size = 11.1 x 12.5 = 138612 units(13.86 lots)
So profit = $1386 and new balance = $12475

13th trade: Lot size = 12.5 x 12.5 = 156250 units(15.63 lots)
So profit = $1563 and new balance = $14038

I'm sure you get it now and is able to finish it:devilish:....

BTW; This wasn't how it unfolded:LOL:

Hey, that's pretty good, but in answer to your question, it would be hard forme to tell you which one I crawled out of. I have many fond memories of all the cave exploration I did in New Mexico, and Orgon. Even now, here in Ohio, I live about 6 miles from one.
Secondly, my office is called "The Cave" My wife called it that because Tucker and I spend so much time here. We have many wonderful ammenities here in The Cave. Every once in awhile my wife will join us for great conversation. So, thanks for asking. The question does have a lot of meaning and reminiscence for me.
Okay, so to a degree, you have proven you point. You have acttually used 12.5% on all your trades (rounded off). Next point. Are you saying that you made 27 trades during that time, went 27-0, and everyone of them was a 100-pip winner? You are also saying all the trades were gotten at separate intervals, because of each trade being compounded. This means you found 27 100-pip winners in 2 months.
I can't call you a liar, but it is almost inconceivable how you can get 27 trades, 27 winners, no losses, and everyone of them exactly 100-pip winners. You did say "for example", so is that what you actually did? If you actually did that, then allow me to be your student, and you be the Samurai.
Also, those were no swing trades. You did say you are a swing trader. They were more like intrraday trades.
Also, if you punch up 1.1 to the 27th power times 3,000, you will come up with the answer quickly on your calculator. Minus all the rounding off that is.

Which cave did you crawl out of? It seems that I will have to spell this out for you. For example I made 27 trades total and each trade made 100 pips. Lets go:

First trade: Lot size = 3 x 12.5 = 37500 units(3.75 mini lots)
So profit = $375 and new balance = $3375

2nd trade: Lot size = 3.75x 12.5 = 46875 units(4.6875 lots)
So profit = $468.75 and new balance = $3843

3rd Trade: Lot size = 3.843 x 12.5 = 48046 units(4.8 lots)
So profit = $480 and new balance = $4323

4th Trade: Lot size = 4.3 x 12.5 = 54037 units(5.4 lots)
So profit = $540 and new balance is $4863

5th trade: Lot size = 4.86 x 12.5 = 60787 units(6 lots
So profit = $607 and new balance = $5470

6th Trade: Lot size = 5.4 x 12.5 = 68375 units(6.8 lots)
So profit = $683 and new balance = $6153

7th trade: Lot size = 6.15 x 12.5 = 76912 units(7.7 lots)
So profit = $770 and new balance = $6923

8th trade: Lot size = 6.9 x 12.5 = 86537 units(8.65 lots)
So profit = $865 and new balance = $7788

9th trade: Lot size = 7.79 x 12.5 = 97350 units(9.74 lots)
So profit is $974 and new balance = $8762

10th trade: Lot size = 8.76 x 12.5 = 109525 units(10.95 lots)
So profit = $1095 and new balance = $9857

11th trade;Lot size = 9.86 x 12.5 = 123212 units(12.32 lots)
So profit = $1232 and new balance = $11089

12th trade: Lot size = 11.1 x 12.5 = 138612 units(13.86 lots)
So profit = $1386 and new balance = $12475

13th trade: Lot size = 12.5 x 12.5 = 156250 units(15.63 lots)
So profit = $1563 and new balance = $14038

I'm sure you get it now and is able to finish it:devilish:....

BTW; This wasn't how it unfolded:LOL:

Yeah, but I've seen someone go through a whole two months turning 3k into 38k without any significant dd on another forum(made it look easy too). I personally think a lot of people make a lot of cash trading FX, we just don't hear much about them or they are too busy trading some rich fracker's money....:eek:

Would that have been yourself, that you mentioned at the start of the thread.?....wouldnt mind taking a look at that thread / forum.....