A million dollars in 3 months

Ah, well, we're getting close. Even at 1 lot per $8,000, that's 12 1/2%. Based on 2,500 pips compunded monthly with no losing trades, that is $3,000 converted to $29,310. (2 lots per $17,000 is even less at 11.8%.)
But, you did say before you only use 10% margin.
Let me add that even my numbers are slightly eskewed, because on day 1 you start at point 0, and being a swing trader, it means it is going to take you awhile for the compunding to kick in. In the first several days the compunding is nullified.
Regardless if you look at pips or not, that on of the factors used in figuring ROI.
This also means, being a swing trader, you would have to have about 4 trades running, because you are not going to get 2,500 pips in one month off one currency, even on a roundtrip. What this means is that the total is up to 50% because of 4 x 12.5. This means the only breathing room you have is the trades backiong up on you by 200 pips.
Just stating facts. Waiting for a repsonse.

I'm a swing trader so I don't look at the amount of pips I make per day. Also remember that as the account increases the lot size increases so it would take about 2500 pips over the two months. Also sometimes I do go over the 10:1 eg. If balance was at 8k I would just use a 1 standard lot or at 17k I would just use 2 lots, etc

Last edited:
I think it is perfectly possible to pick up a demo account and do that, but nothing is being proved.
I did something in a chat room I was a part of 3 years ago. I did it just to prove it could be done, but nothing was accomplished. BTW, I went contrairan directions on 2 demo accounts with about 10 lots on $10,000. I got lucky and the one took off perfectly. The other, of course, bankrupted.
Real trading is not based on luck. It is based on consistentcy day in and day out. Also making outrageous claims and goals is nothing to revolve your trading around. I'm having an okay month this month. I've made about 20% so far. I'll take it.
Now, if that AUD/USD would just hurry and turn around for me.

I don't know what a $1bio is, but the point of the question was to see what the most aggressive traders have been able to do. I guess the risk of blowing up the account is always there, I was just looking for people who could do huge numbers on 3-5% per trade. Anyone could blow up an account though, so disregard that.

5k to 100k is just as valid a question. but I think there are actually quite a few who could do that if they had to.

Ah, well, we're getting close. Even at 1 lot per $8,000, that's 12 1/2%. Based on 2,500 pips compunded monthly with no losing trades, that is $3,000 converted to $29,310. (2 lots per $17,000 is even less at 11.8%.)
But, you did say before you only use 10% margin.
Let me add that even my numbers are slightly eskewed, because on day 1 you start at point 0, and being a swing trader, it means it is going to take you awhile for the compunding to kick in. In the first several days the compunding is nullified.
Regardless if you look at pips or not, that on of the factors used in figuring ROI.
This also means, being a swing trader, you would have to have about 4 trades running, because you are not going to get 2,500 pips in one month off one currency, even on a roundtrip. What this means is that the total is up to 50% because of 4 x 12.5. This means the only breathing room you have is the trades backiong up on you by 200 pips.
Just stating facts. Waiting for a repsonse.

OK, so I checked my stats and average leverage used came to about 12.5:1 and total pips was 2723.

I think jazzidee shows first hand that there are ways to be more aggressive w/o substantially increasing risk. If you can lower the timeframe but risk the same small percentage of capital on every trade, you can double or triple your current earnings without needing simultaneous trades/margin abuse. Assessment of compounding is faster this way too. I'm not positive he trades this way, but it would make sense if he did.

This is possible only if your system can yield results on smaller TFs that are competitive to what it gives on larger TFs. Most don't, I have one that does so I want to see everyone's opinion. I've made many of my trading decisions by asking others and weighing their ideas against my own.

First, there is no way to accurately cost average leverage, epsecailly throughout the compunding process. Also, if you did 1 lot per $8,000 and then 2 lots per $17,000, then you still did not arrive at your claim.
Secondly, do you feel you are getting squeezed by the outrageous claims?
Thirdly, what is the point to all this?
Why don't you just learn a good methodology, stick to it, and make a measley 20% per month? The bills will still get paid. I promise.

OK, so I checked my stats and average leverage used came to about 12.5:1 and total pips was 2723.

He showed his hand. He said he is a swing trader, then said he does not count pips, then said he got 2,700 and whatever.
There's stress in scalping. I still do it occasionally, but after 2 hours of scalping, I had enough. Also to get the pips that is needed to add 13.7 times to your account in 2 months, the stress would be unimaginaable, along with the constant recalulating of the margin to be used. Plus, if you are trading using the 5-minute chart, your entries have to be close to perfect.
There's a guy on this site who gets 20 or more pips quite consistently per day. He'll tell you that is good.
I still say it is all about being real. At the beginning, I said I would give the benefit of the doubt (not verbatum) to the guy, but no one yet has been able to prove how you can do that consistently. I mentioned in another post, if someone was doing those kind of claims consistently, they would bankrupt the brokers. Just doubling your money each month and compunding your gain, you would have over $16 billion in 2 years. Can I venture to say none of us has done that?

I think jazzidee shows first hand that there are ways to be more aggressive w/o substantially increasing risk. If you can lower the timeframe but risk the same small percentage of capital on every trade, you can double or triple your current earnings without needing simultaneous trades/margin abuse. Assessment of compounding is faster this way too. I'm not positive he trades this way, but it would make sense if he did.

This is possible only if your system can yield results on smaller TFs that are competitive to what it gives on larger TFs. Most don't, I have one that does so I want to see everyone's opinion. I've made many of my trading decisions by asking others and weighing their ideas against my own.

I agree that it can be stressful depending on how it's done. Freehand scalping is misery.

When you are building capital it may be a necessary evil

First, there is no way to accurately cost average leverage, epsecailly throughout the compunding process. Also, if you did 1 lot per $8,000 and then 2 lots per $17,000, then you still did not arrive at your claim.
Secondly, do you feel you are getting squeezed by the outrageous claims?
Thirdly, what is the point to all this?
Why don't you just learn a good methodology, stick to it, and make a measley 20% per month? The bills will still get paid. I promise.

First of all relax. You are taking a few examples I made about leverage and making them into facts. It's very easy to calculate your average eg. if you had 3k and place a trade worth 30k then that's 10:1 and you made 400 pips, that equates to roughly $1200 which leaves your account balance at $4200. You then open a 50k position which means leverage is 11.9 and so average leverage would be (10 + 11.9)/2 = 10.95. As I have mentioned before, I don't use this much leverage in my main account as this is just an account I use for aggressive trading and place the profits into my main account account every 3 months or so.

I know I'm a little more impetuous than most traders, so most can probbaly stand more than 2 hours of scalping per week, but that is my limit.
Add to the stress you just rightfully acknowledged the compunding of the margin? No way!!

I agree that it can be stressful depending on how it's done. Freehand scalping is misery.

When you are building capital it may be a necessary evil

I am relaxed. Ice flows in my veins. I guess it's essential to trading.
I'm not taking the examples you made and turning them into facts. I'm taking mathematical facts and letting them stand alone.
I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I live and breath numbers. There's no pulling the wool over my eyes in that department.
Let me give you a friendly tip. You must have something to sell. The way to do it is prove your trading, and substantial gains over the long run, and people will come running. I am not taking my bows (High confidence level, yet no conceit.), but I get e-mails constantly from people who want me to trade their accounts, because many have seen my results long before I got on this site. I don't want to trade other accounts, because I make a living doing exactly what I do. So, if you have some software to sell, or some other product, then use it, post your trades live, and then no one can argue, and people will come running. Let the proof be in the actions and not a lot of hype. Respectfully, it is just common sense.

First of all relax. You are taking a few examples I made about leverage and making them into facts. It's very easy to calculate your average eg. if you had 3k and place a trade worth 30k then that's 10:1 and you made 400 pips, that equates to roughly $1200 which leaves your account balance at $4200. You then open a 50k position which means leverage is 11.9 and so average leverage would be (10 + 11.9)/2 = 10.95. As I have mentioned before, I don't use this much leverage in my main account as this is just an account I use for aggressive trading and place the profits into my main account account every 3 months or so.

I am relaxed. Ice flows in my veins. I guess it's essential to trading.
I'm not taking the examples you made and turning them into facts. I'm taking mathematical facts and letting them stand alone.
I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I live and breath numbers. There's no pulling the wool over my eyes in that department.
Let me give you a friendly tip. You must have something to sell. The way to do it is prove your trading, and substantial gains over the long run, and people will come running. I am not taking my bows (High confidence level, yet no conceit.), but I get e-mails constantly from people who want me to trade their accounts, because many have seen my results long before I got on this site. I don't want to trade other accounts, because I make a living doing exactly what I do. So, if you have some software to sell, or some other product, then use it, post your trades live, and then no one can argue, and people will come running. Let the proof be in the actions and not a lot of hype. Respectfully, it is just common sense.

My only purpose here was to let the poster know that what he said was possible and anything I've said is debatable so my advise to anyone reading this thread is to not believe anything I've said. There are other people who have proved what I just said with ease so belief is definitely not relevant in this matter. Take care

We don't know that. We only know the claims you made to us, and we're looking for proof of that.
That is an outrageous claim, but it is attainable. Considering it is outrageous, this is why we were looking for proof, but you happened to run into someone you could not hide behind the numbers with. I simply exposed your hiding place.
3,544 pips gained in 2 days is an outrageous claim. I did it by telling everyone in my thread of the entries when I went in, and then showed the gains. I didn't make a lot, because my margining was .2%. That was also necessary to show in the spirit of fair reporting. Therefore, I did not make a lot of money on those trades, but I did prove it could be done.
I know you see the difference. You wanted to get on here with those claims like someone was supposed to be impressed.
And BTW, a million dollar in 3 months off of 10K or whatever it was is even more outrageous. I'm simply putting some common sense mathematics to it so some newbie doesn't get swindled.

My only purpose here was to let the poster know that what he said was possible and anything I've said is debatable so my advise to anyone reading this thread is to not believe anything I've said. There are other people who have proved what I just said with ease so belief is definitely not relevant in this matter. Take care

I average 1% a day, assuming there are no fat fingers, so 20% a month is satisfying and repeatable for me as well.

Granted it's more like 10-30% a month and last week I ended with 1% for the whole week, I'm still on track for that monthly goal.

It's just taking a long time to reach that first 100k and 1m, so I'd like to try something else in the interim. Possibly open a seperate smaller account entirely for this style of trading.

it's diffcult for me to do this ,i think.

If you try to master one style of trading on the daily, then 4hr, you may have better results with it. In the beginning it only serves to rattle your confidence and confuse.

We don't know that. We only know the claims you made to us, and we're looking for proof of that.
That is an outrageous claim, but it is attainable. Considering it is outrageous, this is why we were looking for proof, but you happened to run into someone you could not hide behind the numbers with. I simply exposed your hiding place.
3,544 pips gained in 2 days is an outrageous claim. I did it by telling everyone in my thread of the entries when I went in, and then showed the gains. I didn't make a lot, because my margining was .2%. That was also necessary to show in the spirit of fair reporting. Therefore, I did not make a lot of money on those trades, but I did prove it could be done.
I know you see the difference. You wanted to get on here with those claims like someone was supposed to be impressed.
And BTW, a million dollar in 3 months off of 10K or whatever it was is even more outrageous. I'm simply putting some common sense mathematics to it so some newbie doesn't get swindled.

Whatever you believe or say, you are right. A question was asked and I gave an answer which does not require belief or proof to be valid. I know I did it and I've seen other people do it with complete ease as well. You are welcome to your opinion but as I have mentioned, people have proved this already so I don't need to. You can check on informedtrades to see proof of someone who turned 3k into 38k in less than 2 months using 10:1 leverage. I don't post on forums too often as I try avoid situations like these. Take care

WE talked about it the other day. Even at 1% per week, you're on the right track. But, of course, 1% per day is even better.
The "something else" you could do is open a demo. Experiment on it. Try some outrageous margining, based on the criteria you are using in that account. If you grow it 10 times 3 months in a row, then you might be on to something. The only problem with that is that even on demos, the provider might close you down if you are doing to well on them. That has happened to me 4 times, and most recently was last week.

I average 1% a day, assuming there are no fat fingers, so 20% a month is satisfying and repeatable for me as well.

Granted it's more like 10-30% a month and last week I ended with 1% for the whole week, I'm still on track for that monthly goal.

It's just taking a long time to reach that first 100k and 1m, so I'd like to try something else in the interim. Possibly open a seperate smaller account entirely for this style of trading.

Yours is the same advertisement that comes across as an advertisement many of the times I get an e-mail concerning forex. "How I turned 3K into 41K (You said 38K) in 2 months". You guys' story is all the same. You don't need to try your underhanded ways of selling your software if that was the case. At pace you are worth $46 billion in 12 months, which puts an additional perspective on what you are trying to sell.
It is also not mathematically believing I am right. I took the mathematics in the origination of this and blew you out of the water.
It is not a matter of opinion. I presented nothing but facts, and if a gullible newbie was saved by this, then it was worth it. The beginning of this thread, as well as what you said, appeals to peple's fantasies, so they don't have to work and put in nay worthwhile effort to earn their money. In other words it appeals to laziness.

Whatever you believe or say, you are right. A question was asked and I gave an answer which does not require belief or proof to be valid. I know I did it and I've seen other people do it with complete ease as well. You are welcome to your opinion but as I have mentioned, people have proved this already so I don't need to. You can check on informedtrades to see proof of someone who turned 3k into 38k in less than 2 months using 10:1 leverage. I don't post on forums too often as I try avoid situations like these. Take care

WE talked about it the other day. Even at 1% per week, you're on the right track. But, of course, 1% per day is even better.
The "something else" you could do is open a demo. Experiment on it. Try some outrageous margining, based on the criteria you are using in that account. If you grow it 10 times 3 months in a row, then you might be on to something. The only problem with that is that even on demos, the provider might close you down if you are doing to well on them. That has happened to me 4 times, and most recently was last week.

yep, I remember talking to you about it. I already am trading a couple of demos. I don't have time to trade the way I want but I'm trying to get in 4-5 trades a day, rather than one. If I didn't work, I could go for something closer to 10 trades or 15, that's when I believe I could multiply an account rapidly. Not to 1 million, but certainly from 5k to 1ook.

Also, I am surprised that a broker would shut someone down from demo performance! I've heard only a few responses that Oanda has done that to people. Kind of a bummer there.

I know they did a few years back, putting it under the label of "latency" scalping, saying people were using faster quotes to cheat their system. I imagine they could throw that label on anyone they wanted. Probably their plan b. pshh.

I realize that Jazz is a vendor, but he never pushed his system, so i think that should be left out.