50k in a SB account looking for 12.5% return

Jungerns

I hope you realise that what you're doing is really stupid. Stop now before you lose your money.

You obviously have a very high opinion of yourself as witnessed on this and multiple other threads you contribute to, so perhaps you could answer the question ?? (y)

Maximum 5 pound a point is my normal trade size on Indicies by the way on any of 3 different accounts. Dont normally touch forex.

I see no reason to initially trade at a higher level with a 50k pot.

Seriously though - it you are asking what should you trade then you should not be investing your 50K. You are asking to lose it all.

Stay well away.

I could not agree more with some of the comments

expecting a 12% return means that you would be taking risk and once you set a portfolio target (rather than an individual position one) you will be trading incorrectly. You are more likely to lose than win.

Maybe buy some 1yr Greek Bonds at over 400% yield (take the 60% principal haircut) and hope that the Germans ride to the rescue over the remaining 40% ! Just as much chance and you might get lucky.

Simon

Seriously though - it you are asking what should you trade then you should not be investing your 50K. You are asking to lose it all.

Stay well away.

Am clearly not making myself entirely clear here, and thats maybe my fault...

Am asking what YOU or others would trade using the scenario I gave....?

Still am !!

On the contrary. I think you are making yourself completely clear but not in the manner you intended. That's OK though, I think we all understand.

Peter

4 pages of thread and not one single real reply to the question.....

I can only conclude that no ones dares to actually answer, for fear of being ridiculed along the lines of "no thats not right" !!

I'm amazed at the cynicism (sp) !!

4 pages of thread and not one single real reply to the question.....

I can only conclude that no ones dares to actually answer, for fear of being ridiculed along the lines of "no thats not right" !!

I'm amazed at the cynicism (sp) !!

Try reading the thread again and see if you can find one member giving you the same answer twice. I know it's not easy, but you can do it.

Peter

I bet you now wish you'd never asked!

Not really Eric but am blown away by the abject responses...

I run three accounts one of which is down since opening around 4 years ago about 3500 at Tradefair, and two that are up around 17,800 combined, since 2009...

I will be shortly inheritating somewhat more than 50k but was looking to move abroad and separate my investments, with a top up to my SB accounts to 50k in total.

Hence a return of 12.5% would be more than satisfactory for me.

Not really Eric but am blown away by the abject responses...

I run three accounts one of which is down since opening around 4 years ago about 3500 at Tradefair, and two that are up around 17,800 combined, since 2009...

I will be shortly inheritating somewhat more than 50k but was looking to move abroad and separate my investments, with a top up to my SB accounts to 50k in total.

Hence a return of 12.5% would be more than satisfactory for me.

In my view you'd be better forgetting about SB and actively investing/trading FTSE100 equities.

Now he's changed the objective from a 12.5% max drawdown to a 12.5% return ! FFS

In that case, Cable, £2.50 per pip would be adequate.

Now he's changed the objective from a 12.5% max drawdown to a 12.5% return ! FFS

In that case, Cable, £2.50 per pip would be adequate.

Haven't changed anything Miss Dyke.

My objective is to take the equivalent of 12.5% of 50k over the course of 12 months which if math is correct is 6250.

Drawdown/return whatever....

I really AM starting to regret asking such a simple question !!:smart: