Dow End of Day Signalling Service

This is a discussion on Dow End of Day Signalling Service within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by Dr_Jones Can someone tell me, what exact index they are running this on? Is it the mini ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:09am   #211
Joined Jul 2008
theway2excel started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Jones View Post
Can someone tell me, what exact index they are running this on?
Is it the mini wall street cfd?At IG?
Because it definitely isn't matching up with the real YM.
Thanks.
They use Wall Street Daily Cash at igindex.co.uk, but prices appear to be the same as the Wall Street Cash figures shown in your link to igmarkets.co.uk.
theway2excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2009, 5:38pm   #212
Joined Jan 2008
On ODL security's, they have wall street cash index.
But it is a little different.
It has mid increments, 7260.50 and 7260.40 etc.
IG seems to have no increments like that.
Dr_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:15pm   #213
Joined Jul 2008
Boy i sure hope WDS have got this swing trade short dow at 7250 right , cause i shorted it £ 5 a point and im in Loss as market ended around 7404 tonight !

Anyone else put anything on this trade ?
stefan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:22pm   #214
Joined Dec 2008
I think Stefan10 you have got it right , i have as well. As we all know not every trade must be profitable . Keep the faith!
redlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:27pm   #215
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlion View Post
I think Stefan10 you have got it right , i have as well. As we all know not every trade must be profitable . Keep the faith!
Yea keep the faith in WDS, but its hard when your the best part of 800 down, going to see what they say in the e-mail.

My strategy is if im looking to make £2000 a month then ill have 2000 in the trading account and 4000 as a backup in case i need to put money in to recover my losses in that particluar month.

So far this is my 1st month at trading £5 a point and not a good start.

but looking at WDS performance they rarely make a loss and if they do its about 100 points !
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:10pm   #216
Joined Oct 2006
Daily scalps are proving to be a disaster, e mails come late or not at all, signals themselves are good but if you don't get them they're not going to help you. I don't understand what's so difficult about having a free skype room instead of this rubbish. I'd say I've probably made 20 points so far, I definitely won't be signing up for any performance based subscription based on this.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:14pm   #217
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by pboyles View Post
Daily scalps are proving to be a disaster, e mails come late or not at all, signals themselves are good but if you don't get them they're not going to help you. I don't understand what's so difficult about having a free skype room instead of this rubbish. I'd say I've probably made 20 points so far, I definitely won't be signing up for any performance based subscription based on this.

Did u go on the swing trade , short at 7250 ?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:21pm   #218

Joined Sep 2003
A trend is a trend ...
Attached Thumbnails
symbol.gif  
nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:23pm   #219
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine View Post
A trend is a trend ...
sorry call me stupid , but u mean to say its still going to go down ?
Old Mar 18, 2009, 8:54am   #220
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan10 View Post
Boy i sure hope WDS have got this swing trade short dow at 7250 right , cause i shorted it £ 5 a point and im in Loss as market ended around 7404 tonight !

Anyone else put anything on this trade ?
I'm in this trade so currently 150 points down and hoping market heads south today! I did however manage to pick up a couple of runs down from 7250 to 7200 yesterday and took the H2 trade last night so that puts me about break even in terms of points but up in terms of £'s as use higher stake for my intra day trades than swing trades.

As pboyles says they do appear to be having a few problems with the delivery of their trade alerts but guess that's why they trialling them and asking for feedback - the ones that have got through do seem to be profitable. I have also found the intra day trade price information to be very useful.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 9:03am   #221
Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by theway2excel View Post
I'm in this trade so currently 150 points down and hoping market heads south today! I did however manage to pick up a couple of runs down from 7250 to 7200 yesterday and took the H2 trade last night so that puts me about break even in terms of points but up in terms of £'s as use higher stake for my intra day trades than swing trades.

As pboyles says they do appear to be having a few problems with the delivery of their trade alerts but guess that's why they trialling them and asking for feedback - the ones that have got through do seem to be profitable. I have also found the intra day trade price information to be very useful.
How are people using the levels they provide?
As a beginner, I don`t understand why if the price moves through H2 for instance, they don`t always give a `live alert`.
As they seem to suggest the levels are only a guide and you have to interpret the chart at the time, does that that means they do not feel it`s strong enough to call a trade? Or am I missing something.
So where they say `Look to` go long/short, what exactly are you `looking` at and how do you decide whether to trade or not?

Last edited by Encantador; Mar 18, 2009 at 9:08am.
Encantador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2009, 9:32am   #222
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encantador View Post
How are people using the levels they provide?
As a beginner, I don`t understand why if the price moves through H2 for instance, they don`t always give a `live alert`.
As they seem to suggest the levels are only a guide and you have to interpret the chart at the time, does that that means they do not feel it`s strong enough to call a trade? Or am I missing something.
So where they say `Look to` go long/short, what exactly are you `looking` at and how do you decide whether to trade or not?
I think they are of more use to more experienced traders - I've been using them as reference points/confirmation pointrs so if the other indicators i use are showing a long trade and prices then pass through the H2 position I will go long. Similarly if the market has been moving up and my indicators suggest it's losing steam above a H1 level I will go short as prices move through H1.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 9:35am   #223
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by theway2excel View Post

What do you trade on the nightly swing sigal given by WDS ? how many £ per point.

As this is my first time trading with serious amounts of money, do you think £5 a point on a swing is too muuch ?

Im starting to regret this a little , as ive been suspended from work yesterday, i think i should have started at £3 a point
Old Mar 18, 2009, 9:38am   #224
Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
What do you trade on the nightly swing sigal given by WDS ? how many £ per point.

As this is my first time trading with serious amounts of money, do you think £5 a point on a swing is too muuch ?

Im starting to regret this a little , as ive been suspended from work yesterday, i think i should have started at £3 a point

50p (or less) depending on how confident i am.......
Encantador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2009, 10:05am   #225
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:

That's quite a hefty stake if just starting out but guess it depends on what your starting bank is (if £2k then £5 a point not wise as if taken out £1,500 loss, but if £10k+ shouldn't be too bad) - I've been following them since July last year and still only place £1 a point on swing trades following their stops and profit targets, but I also look to scalp around 30 points a time with £3 - £5 bets by looking for prices to pull back from the direction their signal says then betting in the direction they say (made quite a bit doing that over past few months). Also using £3-£5 stakes on intra day trades.