Dow End of Day Signalling Service

This is a discussion on Dow End of Day Signalling Service within the Indices forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by theway2excel Been pretty quiet on WDS trading front since last update. One swing trade that they closed ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 14, 2009, 10:46am   #141
Joined Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by theway2excel View Post
Been pretty quiet on WDS trading front since last update. One swing trade that they closed out at 20 point profit (was over 200 points up at one stage ). They also made a call for a short at the beginning of this week but the entry price they suggested was missed by about 30 points before market fell 400! Also gave an indication as to where the market would find support on Thursday - so while had no "official" trades this week, using the info they provided I was able to make some profitable trades.

They have also recently announced that they will be trialling an intraday signal service with their members from the beginning of March (be interesting to see how this works and whether it is as profitable as their end of day signals have been) - will update on this once it starts.
Yes, the new intraday will eventually be a stand-alone service with just a monthly fee. Ideal for someone sat by a computer all day anyway, as with their evening scalps, more often than not you will need to be able to take immediate action when the email arrives.
Encantador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2009, 12:04am   #142
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by theway2excel View Post
Been pretty quiet on WDS trading front since last update. One swing trade that they closed out at 20 point profit (was over 200 points up at one stage ). They also made a call for a short at the beginning of this week but the entry price they suggested was missed by about 30 points before market fell 400! Also gave an indication as to where the market would find support on Thursday - so while had no "official" trades this week, using the info they provided I was able to make some profitable trades.

They have also recently announced that they will be trialling an intraday signal service with their members from the beginning of March (be interesting to see how this works and whether it is as profitable as their end of day signals have been) - will update on this once it starts.

Yes i agree with u ,been quiet but rather have quality then quantity.
i chickened out while using the free service (now a paying member) and took 100 points , even tho WDS offially finished on 20, as for the massive 400 point drop , i was hugely disapointed WDS missed by 30 points , could have been a biggie !

March should be interesting to see how profitable or not the day trades are
stefan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2009, 9:51am   #143
Joined Apr 2005
What does their strategy appear to be for identifying trades? Can't it be done oneself?
Donkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2009, 9:31pm   #144
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkers View Post
What does their strategy appear to be for identifying trades? Can't it be done oneself?

yea it can if u can be bothered , i suppose if u did it yourself u would save 75 a month
stefan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2009, 11:18am   #145
Joined Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan10 View Post
yea it can if u can be bothered , i suppose if u did it yourself u would save 75 a month
Thank you. What does their strategy appear to be?
Donkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2009, 12:21pm   #146
Joined Jul 2008
theway2excel started this thread Since last post had a winning overnight scalp for 50 points and currently in a swing trade. Took the suggestion they gave in a news e-mail last week and opened 2 orders (£1 and £5 a point). Closed the £5 one off at £400 profit this morning and £1 currently £80 up. Even if their swing gets stopped out i'll still be £100 up! However also going to follow my previous strategy of looking for market pull backs and then look for small long gains (20 - 30 points a time) - if their signal is good then could be a very profitable day!

In response to previous couple of posts, having been a member of WDS for 7 months i've not worked out what their strategy is - then again I haven't really given it that much thought. Having used their signals to make more each month than the cost of their annual fee I've not felt the need to try and work out how they do it, but each to their own.
theway2excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2009, 1:06pm   #147
Joined Sep 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by theway2excel View Post
Since last post had a winning overnight scalp for 50 points and currently in a swing trade. Took the suggestion they gave in a news e-mail last week and opened 2 orders (£1 and £5 a point). Closed the £5 one off at £400 profit this morning and £1 currently £80 up. Even if their swing gets stopped out i'll still be £100 up! However also going to follow my previous strategy of looking for market pull backs and then look for small long gains (20 - 30 points a time) - if their signal is good then could be a very profitable day!
Nice one. well done.

I read their email last week as well and was thinking about it. Just out of interest if the position had gone 80 points against the swing overnight. What would your plan be ? As you would be over £400 down. The plan is to use the larger size to 'scalp' a smaller points gain from the swing trade, but does the same apply to stops ? E.g. would you still keep to the 300point stop for £5 trade (until they change it ?).

Nothing against WDS, as I subscribe as well and am pleased with their results so far.

Thanks
jitasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2009, 3:13pm   #148
Joined Jul 2008
theway2excel started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by jitasb View Post
Nice one. well done.

I read their email last week as well and was thinking about it. Just out of interest if the position had gone 80 points against the swing overnight. What would your plan be ? As you would be over £400 down. The plan is to use the larger size to 'scalp' a smaller points gain from the swing trade, but does the same apply to stops ? E.g. would you still keep to the 300point stop for £5 trade (until they change it ?).

Nothing against WDS, as I subscribe as well and am pleased with their results so far.

Thanks
With the market being close to November's low I thought it was a pretty safe bet that the market would move up overnight as couldn't see November's lows being taken out overnight (surprised they never called an overnight trade). When I woke this morning saw it was 80 points up so thought I'd cash in!

To be honest if I hadn't felt so confident in the trade I would probably have only gone for a £3 stake on my 2nd order, and if it had fallen I would have looked to get out close to break even on it.

Current swing looking promising (managed to scalp 30 points at £3 on pull back after news came out). I've found the updates they provide on the trades to be very useful and looking forward to seeing how the intra-day trades perform.

Off out now so moved my stop up to their suggested level with a 50 point trail on £1 bet so guaranteed £530 today (£690 if limit hit before stop loss) - not a bad days' work!
theway2excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2009, 7:10pm   #149
Joined Jul 2008
theway2excel started this thread Got stopped out at 7570 on the £1 bet so made 80 points on the swing as opposed to the 41 WDS trade will have made giving me £570 for the day, and just gone long again from 7500!
theway2excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2009, 8:58am   #150
Joined Apr 2005
Thanks for the reply - it's appreciated. How many signals do subscribers get a day, and at what times, would you say? It could be something I could kind of run in the background while concentrating on other trading.
Donkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can anyone tell me have you come across this service cb11981 Educational Resources 1 May 21, 2007 12:08pm
Which news service? davn Forex 12 Aug 6, 2005 2:45pm
New service from IG Wideboy Fixed Odds & Binary Betting 0 Oct 23, 2003 9:47am

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)