Why do they do it?

This is a discussion on Why do they do it? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Masquerade A pro wouldn't play NLH with 20 buy ins lol. Need more than 50 for SNGs ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 6, 2011, 2:31pm   #351
Joined Mar 2009
Re: Why do they do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerade View Post
A pro wouldn't play NLH with 20 buy ins lol. Need more than 50 for SNGs too but I guess I should stop here as i'm encroaching on "educating the fish"
Perhaps you'd better tell Phil Gordon and some of the other pros that unless they're giving ****e advice too
SanMiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2011, 2:32pm   #352

Joined Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMiguel View Post
Perhaps you'd better tell Phil Gordon and some of the other pros that unless they're giving ****e advice too
omg, you used phil gordon as an example? Go check any of the books and online resources and read up on BRM for the different games.
Masquerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2011, 2:32pm   #353

Joined Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMiguel View Post
I doubt Phil Gordon is net profitable over the last 5 years at the high stakes..

Last edited by BlackBison; Feb 6, 2011 at 2:42pm.
BlackBison is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2011, 2:33pm   #354

Joined Jul 2007

haha masquerade, finally we're on the same wavelength
BlackBison is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2011, 2:34pm   #355
Joined Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerade View Post
omg, you used phil gordon as an example? Go check any of the books and online resources and read up on BRM for the different games.
http://academy.fulltiltpoker.com/les...oll-management

Perhaps the pros play with a lot higher bankrolls due to the variance but the 20 buy ins is a fairly common example especially when changing between limits.

Quote:
As of 2010, Gordon's total live tournament winnings exceed $2,300,000. His 18 WSOP cashes account for $707,537 of his live tournament winnings.
I'm guessing he probably earns more money off his TV, Full tilt, and publishing activities.
In fact, that must be it, he's not making money so he sells books instead, much like a vendor!

Last edited by SanMiguel; Feb 6, 2011 at 2:46pm.
SanMiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2011, 3:55pm   #356

Joined Jan 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBison View Post
hehe TDs not going to be happy with me..
When you post IB statements you might also want to post the page the that shows Deposits and Withdrawals.

There is also a page with P/L summary for every instrument traded over the statement period, which shows P/L exactly.

Posting the pages that show net changes in asset value might not be the same as posting your P/L.
donaldduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2011, 11:05pm   #357
Joined Oct 2008

My personal belief is that there are a lot more scammers out there that are system sellers and signal sellers than coaches.
I think that due the personal nature of a coach it is a lot less open to scamming.

Some people also just love to teach. I bet everyone here remembers the teacher from school who was very enthusiastic about his subject and really enjoyed passing on his knowledge.

Here is an example of a very successful trader, coaching. His prices are down the page. Anyone fancy this guy as a coach?

http://www.linkfutures.com/

I certainly would.

No I think there are definitely guys out there to seek out and destroy but I would think most of them would fall under the Holy Grail system/indicator/signal sellers not the coaches of the world.

(Edit) : Some complete idiot who could not convince anyone of his point of view, used a multi nick to reinforce his own ideas. Barjon removed his posts, so I deleted his quotes.

We donít see things as they are. We see things as we are.
There is no Holy Grail. There is no perfect way to capture that move from $ 100/ ounce to $ 800/ ounce in gold.

Last edited by Jason101; Feb 7, 2011 at 1:32am. Reason: see above
Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote