Why do they do it?

This is a discussion on Why do they do it? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the T2W Archive category; Originally Posted by arabianights super lulz +++++++++++++ OK. I get it now....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 13, 2011, 10:57pm   #401

Joined Sep 2010
Re: Why do they do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabianights View Post
super lulz +++++++++++++
OK. I get it now.
HowardCohodas is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2011, 1:56pm   #402
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003

Quote:
Yes Me. Interacting with dunces for a pittance isnt really my idea of fun
Would you consider interacting with those you describe as "dunces" for extremely large amounts of money instead ?

Paul
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2011, 3:17pm   #403

Joined Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader333 View Post
Would you consider interacting with those you describe as "dunces" for extremely large amounts of money instead ?

Paul
It is dishonorable not to offer to return course fees to someone who does not "get it." Selfishly, it consumes too much of the instructors time, minimizes the chances of a disgruntled student from publicly challenging your reputation and may provide a student to publicly praise you.
HowardCohodas is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2011, 3:38pm   #404
Joined Apr 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader333 View Post
No I wouldnt. Its simply not a productive use of time, and more importantly its no fun.

That probably sounds quite selfish, but its not as if your passing on skills that make the planet a better place, generally, you'll be dealing with a bunch of greedy ****'s
the hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Trader333 , Pazienza
Old Feb 14, 2011, 5:00pm   #405

Joined May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
Doing something because it makes you feel good is a selfish act. If it benefits others at the same time, then it is also a good thing. Win/Win.

Enjoying teaching and being good at it in the opinion of those who have gone on to succeed in a subject, feels good to me. Turning down offers from others to manage their money is my practice. I would rather teach them my strategy. It is part of my personality. I'm not trying to qualify it or justify it, it just is what it is.

The rest of your questions are lost on me. Perhaps you could rephrase them?
No matter. I think you have made your point well.
montmorencyt2w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2011, 5:08pm   #406

Joined May 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerade View Post
Google it n00b.

It's customary, as well as good manners, to attribute someone else's words when you quote them. I am sorry that my education is not up to yours and so I didn't immediately recognise the quote.

For fellow "n00bs", I will give a reference. According to Investopedia, Warren Buffett said it.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/01/051601.asp

Quote:
The Dangers Of Over-Diversifying Your Portfolio
[...]
According to Warren Buffett: "wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing". In other words, if you diversify too much, you might not lose much, but you won't gain much either.
Quoting material out of context is something else done by people who do not know that they are talking about.
montmorencyt2w is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Black Swan
Old Feb 16, 2011, 3:58am   #407

1 Posts
Joined Feb 2011

I have also paid for some online training in the past but I am still very very skeptical about online vendors.
R1zbear is offline   Reply With Quote