Why do they do it?

This is a discussion on Why do they do it? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Just because you are a good trader doesn't necessarily mean you will be a good teacher or be able to ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:27am   #22

Joined Jan 2006
Re: Why do they do it?

Just because you are a good trader doesn't necessarily mean you will be a good teacher or be able to communicate your methods clearly. I know plenty of very clever people in my office who would be useless as a teacher, sometimes the less able ones are more effective.

As an anecdote at a recent quiz night at my son's school the "teachers table" came last place. But I'm sure most of them would be better teachers than the nerds sitting at my table!

I think the problem is not necessarily that they are not good traders and therefore will not be able to teach you to become profitable - I think it's the expectations of the student is wrong.

What a trainer will teach you is discipline and tool and techniques to become profitable - so choose the trainers that don't make wild claims and he/she will not disappoint you. Obviously there are the charlatans that advertise 100% profit per month etc - and unfortunately they will always make money from the gullible.

Personally speaking, if I was to teach (which currently I have no desire) then I'd do it for free. I make enough money from the markets and I wouldn't feel an obligation to make the student profitable. Provided I had taught them the basics they could find their own path.

However I think I might just save it for my children if they become interested.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend,
inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- G Marx.
Hoggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: trade321
Old Jan 25, 2011, 11:57am   #23

Joined Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashRiprock View Post
I think the illusion is that as soon as you are a profitabel trader then you will allways make monet for ever and ever and ever amen.

some people sell signals for moeny

some people coach because they only trade 4 hours a day

the whole idea like "why would you teach if you can trade?" is only ever said by people that cant trade.

really.
ok...let's look at the options:

Trade 1: Be a successful trader. Make millions and go enjoy your leisure time when not trading. Take time off if you wish and so on.

Trade 2: Be a successful trader but instead choose to not trade and charge people a fee to be coached, maybe £100/month and get 30 regular subscribers if you're lucky. Spend all day in a chat room and distributing material to these people, not to mention all the admin stuff that goes along with running a site and ensuring people pay up. Be committed to spending every single trading day in front of a screen coaching and guiding people with little freedom to take a day off or do something enjoyable with your life.

Looking at those 2 trades if someone is competent they will be able to see which is the better of the 2.
Masquerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:01pm   #24
Joined Jan 2011

dont you think thats a bit black and white?
DashRiprock is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:05pm   #25

Joined Sep 2009

May be a good idea to establish who takes the most money for the worst trainging provided.

Who is the king of T2W vendors?

Was there a competition before?
bedsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:09pm   #26
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedsit View Post
May be a good idea to establish who takes the most money for the worst trainging provided.

Who is the king of T2W vendors?

Was there a competition before?
Probably Knowledge to Action, though they are keeping a lower profile on T2W these days.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: the hare , Pazienza
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:09pm   #27

Joined Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashRiprock View Post
dont you think thats a bit black and white?
It's like trading, you're either right or you're wrong.

So....trade 1 or trade 2? What's it to be?
Masquerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:10pm   #28
Joined Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerade View Post
It's like trading, you're either right or you're wrong.

So....trade 1 or trade 2? What's it to be?
well no its not is it.
DashRiprock is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote