Why do they do it?

This is a discussion on Why do they do it? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the T2W Archive category; I'm completely at odds with 95% of posts in this thread. Let me try and explain something. If you have ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 27, 2011, 2:40pm   #148
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Re: Why do they do it?

I'm completely at odds with 95% of posts in this thread.

Let me try and explain something. If you have an expectation of a trade direction, then the thing that proves the trade is the delivery of that expectation...in other words...when you are in the zone and things are going your way, that is the time to milk it for all it's worth.
It's exactly the same thing with Robster's poker quote. You have to press your advantage when that time comes.
When a boxer has someone on the ropes, he doesn't back off...he steps up his game to try and finish the job off !

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: trade321
Old Jan 27, 2011, 2:51pm   #149

Joined Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
When a boxer has someone on the ropes, he doesn't back off...he steps up his game to try and finish the job off !
How did that work out for George Foreman?
Masquerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Black Swan , meanreversion
Old Jan 27, 2011, 2:54pm   #150
Joined Mar 2009

Quote:

Let me try and explain something. If you have an expectation of a trade direction, then the thing that proves the trade is the delivery of that expectation...in other words...when you are in the zone and things are going your way, that is the time to milk it for all it's worth.
It's exactly the same thing with Robster's poker quote. You have to press your advantage when that time comes.
When I first read that, I read broker not boxer
SanMiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2011, 3:01pm   #151
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004

Quote:

Add evidence of winners mentality.
Even the player name choice is designed to make the opposition doubt themselves.
Attached Thumbnails
poker-win-tourney.png  

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2011, 3:02pm   #152

Joined Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanreversion View Post
I watched Hougaard's room for a few days.. he alerts you to what he is about to do, "get ready to buy eurusd", then there'll be a pause of a few minutes and he'll type "ok bought at 52".. at which point you look at the screen and see a rate of 53/54.

That's not to say that he didn't buy at 52 of course, it's just that it's very hard for the user to replicate.

His website carries links to the Saxo platform, so it's a safe bet he'll get a rebate from any of his subscribers who sign up to that platform. But fair play to the man, he's putting his calls out there and his record is pretty good.
I'm not impressed with the results: October +72 points, November +139 and Dec. -14
bedsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2011, 3:10pm   #153
Joined Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedsit View Post
I'm not impressed with the results: October +72 points, November +139 and Dec. -14
my god. The FTSE moves about 80 a day and he only captures that in a month?!
SanMiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2011, 3:41pm   #154
Joined Apr 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashRiprock View Post
well look obviously there are going to be bad examples of people paying loads of money for courses and things which are bad

but to say that everybody who coaches or trains other traders is a phoney is well wrong.
Hmmmm,..

Looks like David Robertson aka "MrSpread betting" In disguise....
Trader1UK is offline   Reply With Quote