Why do they do it?

This is a discussion on Why do they do it? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by scose-no-doubt A week isn't really enough time to see whether the calls could even recoup some of ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:25am   #111
Joined Nov 2008
Re: Why do they do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scose-no-doubt View Post
A week isn't really enough time to see whether the calls could even recoup some of the outlay in the event that you don't benefit from the experience.
hmmm...is that what the *community* wants..calls? Glad to see you put the caveat of "experience" in there ..
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:25am   #112
Joined Jan 2009

Good, so there are some decent mentors out there who charge. There had to be, in the same way that SOME systems you can purchase might be good.

DT, can I ask, did he help you with the trading aspect only or was it more psychology?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:31am   #113

Joined Apr 2010

What are you on about? When did I say I just wanted calls? I'm talking about being helped in your trading but if this guy's always banging up a load of nonsense retrospective charts and has not proved that s/he can trade in real time why would you even listen? Calls and trade walk-throughs are how you measure and can be assured of ability.
I wouldn't pay someone unless I knew his/her calls were profitable which would help me to recoup some of cost whilst I learn. No skin of the provider's nose is it?

Looks like Scose be trollin' 'aaaaard tho... as far as some are concerned!
scose-no-doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: DionysusToast
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:34am   #114

Joined Apr 2010

I think I mis read your post BS. I need some breakfast.

Looks like Scose be trollin' 'aaaaard tho... as far as some are concerned!
scose-no-doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:38am   #115
Joined Mar 2009

It's probably only a matter of time before the FSA get involved as they probably should with all call services, vendors, financial advice companies out there. Really, they are all playing a loophole in the law due to the internet and the fact they use disclaimers such as not giving financial advice, which is a joke really.
SanMiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:40am   #116
Joined Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by scose-no-doubt View Post
I think I mis read your post BS. I need some breakfast.
S'ok buddy, I've been in 3 *rooms* not one called out live trades...they nudged, made suggestions, pointed out when the time might be right, but never nailed themselves to the cross as it were.
Black Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:47am   #117
Joined Apr 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
S'ok buddy, I've been in 3 *rooms* not one called out live trades....
If they could trade they wouldnt be fannying about with a bunch of dunces in a *room*, they'd be making some wedge, or in search of lulz.

The funny thing is the dunces cant actually differentiate good calls from bad, and to make matters worse, most are lazy feckers with the attention span of a goldfish so it wouldnt matter if they did make live calls, non of em could remember anyway.
the hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:59am   #118
Joined Jan 2009

I watched Hougaard's room for a few days.. he alerts you to what he is about to do, "get ready to buy eurusd", then there'll be a pause of a few minutes and he'll type "ok bought at 52".. at which point you look at the screen and see a rate of 53/54.

That's not to say that he didn't buy at 52 of course, it's just that it's very hard for the user to replicate.

His website carries links to the Saxo platform, so it's a safe bet he'll get a rebate from any of his subscribers who sign up to that platform. But fair play to the man, he's putting his calls out there and his record is pretty good.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:00pm   #119
Joined Jan 2009

BUT I'm not sure you'll learn how to trade. If Tom got hit by a bus, you'd be a bit stuck.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:01pm   #120
Joined Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanreversion View Post
I watched Hougaard's room for a few days.. he alerts you to what he is about to do, "get ready to buy eurusd", then there'll be a pause of a few minutes and he'll type "ok bought at 52".. at which point you look at the screen and see a rate of 53/54.

That's not to say that he didn't buy at 52 of course, it's just that it's very hard for the user to replicate.

His website carries links to the Saxo platform, so it's a safe bet he'll get a rebate from any of his subscribers who sign up to that platform. But fair play to the man, he's putting his calls out there and his record is pretty good.
The difference is that Hougaard actually looks like a conman!
SanMiguel is offline   Reply With Quote