Lord Anton Kreil

This is a discussion on Lord Anton Kreil within the Educational Resources forums, part of the Commercial category; Who's enjoying the Anton Kreil "I'll teach you how to trade like a professional because everyone else is a complete ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 9, 2013, 9:48pm   #1
D70
Joined Nov 2009
Lord Anton Kreil

Who's enjoying the Anton Kreil "I'll teach you how to trade like a professional because everyone else is a complete idiot" storyline?

Anyone been to a seminar or done a 1-to-1 ?

Thoughts?
D70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:01pm   #2
Joined Jun 2011
Re: Lord Anton Kreil

Quote:
Originally Posted by D70 View Post
Thoughts?
Why doesn't he trade like a professional and use the market like an ATM instead of looking for training fees ?

I vaguely remember from somewhere that winners amongst professionals are not as high a percentage as one would imagine. So learning to be a professional is no guarantee for success.
BeginnerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:04pm   #3
D70
Joined Nov 2009

D70 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeginnerJoe View Post
Why doesn't he trade like a professional and use the market like an ATM instead of looking for training fees ?

I vaguely remember from somewhere that winners amongst professionals are not as high a percentage as one would imagine. So learning to be a professional is no guarantee for success.
Easier money to be made from "teaching" and then ongoing income from having an affiliate broker. Every trade a 'student' does pays him a few quid.
D70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: wackypete2
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:46pm   #4

Joined Jan 2003

He was doing free seminars with ETX a while back to get sign up to SB..I went along as I was at a loose end/it was local to me, it's such an exotic name, and I needed a new mouse mat and thought there would be a few obligatory freebies going and if not - I set myself the challenge of nicking one anyway. Like all good trades - i'd planned for the contingency of getting caught in that I would claim I had ' techno-kleptomania.' Anyways I went along and not a mouse mat to be had anywhere if you please, not so much as a cheap biro splendidly emblazened with the ETX logo or for that matter pad with similar such decoration. Anton duly appeared rather shabbily dressed and gave a 1hr talk full of truisms, sweeping statements and platitudes aimed at not even newbies - more ameba level. His presentation styl;e matched his satire and it was lazily delivered (probably the 454th he'd done that week.) Disappointed at my futile journey across the streets paved with gold that is London town - I eyed a solitary mouse mat in the far corner of the room with a fecthing design not dissimilar to that I have described above - but to no avail - could I get to that yonder side of said room without being entirely conspicous of thought and intent ? - Could I buffalo ! This made me even more angry at the wasted journey so I unlocked my shopping trolley that I had hitched and padlocked in reception, and left with my goal unfulfilled and my dreams shattered by the whole experience ! As I was leaving I could hear the Anton's close - promises of riches beyond youyr wildest imaginings andI have to admit the pang of hope almost tripped me and turned me 180degrees to go back but I tripped on an empty packet of capstan full strength coming out of the lift - which bought me to my senses quick sharp.

G/L
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:50pm   #5
Joined Oct 2006

Where were you, the Travelodge in Luton?
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:06pm   #6
Joined Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmac View Post
He was doing free seminars with ETX a while back to get sign up to SB..I went along as I was at a loose end/it was local to me, it's such an exotic name, and I needed a new mouse mat and thought there would be a few obligatory freebies going and if not - I set myself the challenge of nicking one anyway.
Sounds like you need to find yourself a hobby
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:15pm   #7
Joined Jan 2013

I have got to admit the case of Anton is a bizzarre one. If I recall correctly he has golman sachs, lehman and jp morgan on his CV. It really is strange to pitch to newbies in this way. What I have learnt from some of my aquaintances who are instituional traders is that the information and tools they have at their disposal give them a considerable edge that cannot be used outside of the bank. Lets say they trade a commodity spread and have access to specific relevant flow order info, zero transaction costs you can see how they have a big edge. Also a risk manager who will remove emotion when you are unable to. I guess remove these tools and a former bank trader may struggle on the outside dunno its just bizarre like I said.
cablemonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: diligaf
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:44pm   #8
Joined Apr 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeginnerJoe View Post
Perhaps he's doing it 4 d lulz ? I bet he has right laugh.
the hare is offline   Reply With Quote