Your largest drawdown

1. Tell that to the top quant hedge funds. That's the dumbest statement i've heard :D

2. Even your interpreration of a chart is based on statistics. e.g. your silly MA/RSI model. You use it because you think there has been a past bias for that model to work. DUH?

3. Probability is a statistical concept, you DO realize that right? So when you take a trade, you do so because you think you're going to win. That's called, a STATISTICAL bet.

My God, you're a wannabe trying so hard. :cheesy:

I seriously do think you're one of the silliest, un-schooled wannabes i've ever met.

It's not just that you're horribly insecure, it's that you're horribly detached from reality.

For the 4th time, like i said, since you don't experience any serious draw-downs, make your Trillion like all good wannabes :clap:

Please don't talk about making $700 in 10 trades because that's PATHETIC beyond words.

People like you should be making $700 in 2 seconds.

You're dancing around the fire my friend. Nothing you're saying is relevant.

Statistics is useless. It's just a theory. Something being executed purely statistically is useless because nobody knows the accuracy of statistics. People like to use statistics to make important decisions. Statistics can be used as a guide, but nobody knows how accurate it really is. Just because a problem seems impossible to solve does not mean that statistics is the next best thing. The fact that DNA testing is based off of statistic gives me the chills. Can I be given the death penalty soley because of statistics? Could a murderer be released from jail soley because of statistics?

Your point that "statistically x is impossible" makes me assume you never studied Statistics at all, because any statistics major knows that statistics is nothing more than a collection of data. There's no "law" or rule behind them. Statistically there's 50% probability of a coin landing on heads. That doesn't not guarantee you will get 5 heads and 5 tails after 10 coin flips.

It's absurd that you assume a proper risk management strategy leads to 100% or $1T. You sound like a typical home trader, who thinks everything is 100% or 0%.

1. Tell that to the top quant hedge funds. That's the dumbest statement i've heard :D

2. Even your interpreration of a chart is based on statistics. e.g. your silly MA/RSI model. You use it because you think there has been a past bias for that model to work. DUH?

3. Probability is a statistical concept, you DO realize that right? So when you take a trade, you do so because you think you're going to win. That's called, a STATISTICAL bet.

My God, you're a wannabe trying so hard. :cheesy:

I seriously do think you're one of the silliest, un-schooled wannabes i've ever met.

It's not just that you're horribly insecure, it's that you're horribly detached from reality.

For the 4th time, like i said, since you don't experience any serious draw-downs, make your Trillion like all good wannabes :clap:

Please don't talk about making $700 in 10 trades because that's PATHETIC beyond words.

People like you should be making $700 in 2 seconds.

The fact that every single one of your posts makes assumptions about my trading style makes me think you're some 12 year old.

I mean you sound like a bot, pulling $700 in 10 trades and RSI out of your ass.

biggest DD was about 70%, I did a few things right thought I had it all figured out...... I hadn't!

biggest DD was about 70%, I did a few things right thought I had it all figured out...... I hadn't!

No (good) trader should ever have a drawdown of 70% :cry: -- that's just basically gambling now.
If you treat trading like gambling...you Will lose.
Think about what you're doing, what you're trying to accomplish -- and the Overall picture of the game, or market.

No (good) trader should ever have a drawdown of 70% :cry: -- that's just basically gambling now.
If you treat trading like gambling...you Will lose.
Think about what you're doing, what you're trying to accomplish -- and the Overall picture of the game, or market.

Good advice thanks, it was quite a while ago sometimes you have to learn these things the hard way

Just asking in the general context.

How big a hole have you come back from?

Interesting thread. What made you think of starting a thread along these lines?

I was actually going to start a thread to ask the same of other traders.

Personally when I was first started trading at a prop firm I had a really good start, compared to the batch that started with me and after me. I was only ever down a few thousand dollars and then consistently for two years made money day in day out.

Guys in the batch that started with me were down double digits before they clawed back. I never went through that and that was my biggest LOSS!

I have a hedge fund friend who had a 33% draw downs and clawed it back. I worked for a Hedge Fund where the manager fell below his water mark and never had the "Heart" to claw it back. I find the better looking you are the weaker heart you have to claw back.

I use the term Heart, because it is all about Heart!

I've recently suffered an eye watering drawdown of $74,000 in a shocking two hours, which was essentially 75% of the capital I built up . I respect those who have the heart, it is like being down two sets and coming back to win the last three.

I don't believe you can make serious money without losing or handling a serious loss.

It's all about the struggle, we only learn when we are struggling. May the struggle continue.

Signing off
The good looking struggling trader who wants to get ugly!

Last edited:
Aye, this poster has heard it before that you can't make serious paper without also having the ability comfortably to carry (and that means even occasionally overnight) some serious 'paper losses', from time to time.

My biggest peak-to-trough drawdown since trading live has been 8%.

(I've had bigger drawdowns than this on demo accounts: haven't we all? :eek: )

Largest so far was 28% over the course of 2-3 months. Had a string of bad trades and am still currently learning.
I only had one strategy that only works in specific market conditions. Since then I have diversified a bit and found a few more strategies for different conditions and setups. Since then things are getting better.