Young and have a lot of time to invest, but where do I start?

Emmanuel_Ojo

I have discovered that trading takes a lot of time to learn about and get into, luckily I have a lot of time to invest into trading before I begin. But where do I start? I read on the forums everything is available on the internet for free, but the internet is very vast with countless results coming up. I already know about the determination and hard work, and what I want to get out of trading.
Also trading has a lot of topics, do i start with charts or looking at companies etc..? Or are there key topics I must master firstly?

Any advice or steps would be very helpful?

Lots of free and good advice on this forum if you care to look.
Decide what you want besides loads of dosh and look

If you are looking for guides of How to get rich or how to make money quickly on financial specualtions, then you are probably in wrong place. You won't get any valuable advice till you show us you value our time. Best way to show it, how simply it wouldn't be - asking questions, that are steam from your thorough research. The more it specific the more attention it will get from advanced and Pro members there, who will be willing to help. Good luck!

I recommend learning the basics first - there are plenty of tutorials on the Internet - articles, videos, etc. There are also plenty of books written on the matter. You can always ask for advice on forums and such too. Whatever you do, however, practice what you learn on a demo account first.

I have discovered that trading takes a lot of time to learn about and get into, luckily I have a lot of time to invest into trading before I begin. But where do I start? I read on the forums everything is available on the internet for free, but the internet is very vast with countless results coming up. I already know about the determination and hard work, and what I want to get out of trading.
Also trading has a lot of topics, do i start with charts or looking at companies etc..? Or are there key topics I must master firstly?

Any advice or steps would be very helpful?

I know what you mean, hard to know where to start. IMHO, risk management is key. Also, don’t expect to get every trade right – be prepared to take losses when you need to. It’s a numbers game, as long as you make more than you lose, you’re all good.

It depends on your trading strategy. You need to decide whether you’re short or long term, technical or fundamental, or a mixture of both. The best trading strategies I’ve seen incorporate a variety of indicators – when all criteria is met, you trade. For example (crudely), you might decide to buy a stock once it’s at a support level, the RSI is oversold, a PE ratio of below 10, broker buys to sell ratio of at least 5:1.

It takes time to perfect, but you’ll get there.