Yippee!!!!!!

I was trying to work out...

where the piccie was from! Is that the First direction, above the Almanalp place (I promise to walk upto First this year!) - where many of the paragliders go from, or nearer to the Gelihorn area?

Have to admit - there is very little to do there apart from enjoy nature, which is why I love it so. Just the place to get away from the market stresses!!

Mark

Mark - Yes, that is the First/Bunderspitz ridge that we are descending on the west side, and looking south west. We took the little 8 man cable car up from the paraglider landing ground, (just up the valley from the station) and then walked up from there to the ridge.

We ended up walking back down to Kandersteg at the end of the day, a 5300 ft descent which nearly killed us! My kness are still drinking to the health of the guy who invented walking poles! But it's a stunning walk. Also recommend the walk up to the Kanderfirn Glacier - below is a view back down the valley - and you can sit on the moraine overlooking the glacier and watching the avalanches coming down the valley sides opposite.

Attachments

• rdm5 (1).jpg
    rdm5 (1).jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 275