help deciding on bpp and 7city

No, it's about the client side...know your clients, giving advice, tax etc. you probably know half of it anyway being an accountant.

None of the course actually focuses on trading and the fundamentals etc. it's all just rules and regs to protect Joe Public from Evil brokers

No, it's about the client side...know your clients, giving advice, tax etc. you probably know half of it anyway being an accountant.

None of the course actually focuses on trading and the fundamentals etc. it's all just rules and regs to protect Joe Public from Evil brokers

I've tried this SL but the problem is there are a million books by a million people who tell you different things. It's a nightmare. It's information overload so I was planning to pay the professionals for a qual that is industry specific in the hope that I'd have a better idea of how to filter information one I've passed it.

That's the problem - it's industry-specific, not role-specific. You wouldn't let someone who was qualified as a GP perform heart surgery, would you?

Yeh but if you put a GP and a plumber in a room with all the medical books in the world who you think would come out of the room as the more competent heart surgeon?

Could be either one of them, really. That's not the point; a qualification in stockbroking is not a positive if you want to be a trader; quite the opposite in fact. It's the equivalent of applying to do Physics at one uni on your UCAS form, and German at another; it shows a lack of direction.

I'll repeat having done this course as a BROKER...it was absolutely no use to trading, and to be honest not much use to broking. Save your money.

find a trading method and stick to it, stop p*ssing about jumping from pillar to post. most people get good at something because they practise it over and over rather than doing coursed on something mildly related.

So what you're saying is that a profitable P&L is the "certification" for trading ability. Makes sense. My opinion is always a bit skewed in these type of discussions because although I want to be a trader I also want a broader understanding of the markets and economics.

Yes, think football...do you want the guy who scored 100 goals for the under 15's or the bloke who did a sports science degree up front?

And you'll get nothing on that course about economics and fundys...it's all rules and regs