Investment management certificate-study advice

Imc Unit 1 Material (study Book + Q&a Bank + Mock Exams)

I want to buy IMC EXAM STUDY PACK
Thanks

this has turned into a selling rather than the original advise thread. Well i have brought the imc from Kaplan.... and will start it next week and want to finish by September. All the best to others.

Hi, need advice on IMC prep... I'm completely new to this field and was wondering if self study should be enough for a novice (changing careers) or is it recommended to have classroom study?.

im doing self study. do loads of questions.

Realistically how long should one study/do exams before sitting for IMC Unit 1? (e.g two weeks? one month? etc.). And im talking about atleast 4 - 5 hours of study each day...

Realistically how long should one study/do exams before sitting for IMC Unit 1? (e.g two weeks? one month? etc.). And im talking about atleast 4 - 5 hours of study each day...

ive finished unit 2 (started with this as i had loads of time to concentrate with the complex math). It took me 6 week. and i am practicing questions... NB i have 2 young kids too that need taking out for the summer. I will do the exam in Septemeber, then start unit 1 and hope to finish before Dec2012.

Hi,

Thanks for the above information.

I have been working with financial information services but would like to get into portfolio analysis, investment management job. Would IMC qualification help to fetch a starter job in this field?

Also I am planning to take each unit exam at a time .Please advise ideally how much study time will be necessary for each unit.

Thanks

forget the qualifications .........they mean nothing in Trading.......the Market doesnt care if you have 4 phd's or a 50m breastroke medal .....:p

N

I've sat the IMC exam a couple of years a ago and created a studyplanner for the iphone that might of help to anyone thinking of doing the IMC. It will help you plan your time until the exam. IMC Study Planner

I've sat the IMC exam a couple of years a ago and created a studyplanner for the iphone that might of help to anyone thinking of doing the IMC. It will help you plan your time until the exam. IMC Study Planner

Looks great. Waiting for the android version. Let me know when its done. Thanks(y)

Looks good, i also await an Android version!

Failed my first attempt at unit 1 last year, didn't dedicate anywhere near enough time as I was on the verge of being made redundant so searching for a new role. Will be resitting late next month.