XJO Index

frugi

Originally posted by JoulesMM1 in the Trading the SPX thread and moved here by frugi

XJO

At 4206-11 the XJO hits a Fib resistance and has retraced a (three wave) move against a five wave move down from the Intermediate altime high of three degrees from 1972.

Any move above this area tends to call into question the whole count. I think the index is in crucial point. There is considerable loss of momentum on daily basis in the last three sessions which alludes to a top here and then a move back below the recent print low at 3926.

This move back down would a be either a corrective C wave of intermediate wave four or wave three of A of Int 4. Regardless, at this place in the pattern I think the XJO represents a ss opportunity.

I have also spent time studying the social background for this country and presently there is much contrarian reason to view Australia as a country that needs to take a step backwards in the progression of its current bull market.

The largest degree pattern of Intermediate degree is a long way from finishing.

I have been looking for a time to short the XJO.

I thought it would be the 25th May when it made a reversal pattern on the 50% retracement of the 22nd March/5th May pull back. But there was no follow through.

Then I thought it was the 31st May after a classic reversal signal (Bearish engulfing line) at the 61.8% retracement.

Then when the DOW closed down 78 on Friday 3rd June I thought, this is it the XJO will make it's reversal monday, open down 20 and keep going down, especially as the highs on Thursday and Friday were at the 78.6% level but no, up it goes again.

How many more fib levels does it have to go through. Well we only really have 88.6% left.

So much for fib.

MRS Australian shares : End up on positive earnings
27-Feb-2006 06:59
The Australian share market closed up
0.6% today despite a flat performance
by Wall Street after local corporate
earnings results were generally
positive.
Goldman Sachs JBWere increased its
valuation for the entire market by 10%
as a result of stronger than expected
earnings this reporting season.
The benchmark S&P/ASX 200 index rose
30.7 points to close at an intraday
high of 4924.1 points.
"We've upgraded our fair value on the
market by 10% by December 2006," said
Patrick Crabb, head of institutional
sales at GSJBW.

0659 GMT Feb 27 2006

Joules MM1 said:
some bias from their action....

a close below 4900 would hint the triangle burst and thrust measure is on for a bullish set-up

DO you have an XJO chart as well as the Russ?

.......yeah.....again........in the previous chart where I notated the target area that actual target.... cluster magnet....is 5880.....

nice inter market confirmations.....when the spx make a new altime high

5880 .............. another 300 wow!! Any thoughts for higher than that since 6k at min would seem gettable.......

Spx NEW highs!!!!! s'pose less than 10% away but ....... omg :!: