Would You Like To Trade From An Office

Thanks Herbie14, that was really interesting. When I bought the trendsignal system two weeks ago they mentioned setting up an arcade with £50K, but i wasn't sure at the time what it meant.

Seems interesting, I wonder if you know of any other arcade players.

Thanks

The way trendsignal people said to me was that each trader trades from there home. A trade is placed over the microphone, they palce the trade and put a stop loss also. Seems slightly different to the normal arcade mentioned.

Probably won't go into it, considering it is a long contract, but it would be interesting to know how many other traders are doing a similar sort of thing - looks to be many since it takes p between 30-60% of volume

The refco article says these Arcade guys each do upto 5000
roundtrips a day... Thats pretty intense.. more like a rapid
fire video game than trading..

DD - They're spread monkey's, thats why. Akin to the locals of yester year. Indeed, many locals have gone to the arcades to continue trading the spread/making markets in arcades. Can't really do that at home unless you want to pay for 2MB line lease every year - which is what you need. Forget DSL.

anmolway said:
herbie14,

what is an arcade please?

Basically, a site where traders can hire a desk from which to trade their own accounts.

Personally I prefer the spare bedroom. It enables me to stay in bed until ten minutes before I start work!

donaldduke said:
The refco article says these Arcade guys each do upto 5000
roundtrips a day... Thats pretty intense.. more like a rapid
fire video game than trading..

Usual journalistic rubbish - sure there may well be the odd person doing this, but generaly very few and far between. It certainly isn't a pre-requisite for trading from an arcade!

TBS - very true, but if you're a largish operator, 100 lots isn't uncommon.

dan the man and schneider

TBS said:
Why not just go to Schneider, they do this as standard, the cost is c £700 per month, but it also includes your telephone costs. They already have a room full of 'like minded' sheep.. erm, sorry, traders......

for a chappie who started off on liffe connect, hes done it big time...cant knock him. the main problem with the arcades is so many are popping up its hard to get a feel for who is actually in for the long haul. as someone lese wrote here somewhere else, you cannot rule out a flight to quality if there were more panic etc in the markets. thats when having people like mantrad as your clearer count...

Last edited: