Would You Like To Trade From An Office

TBS

385 0
BBB said:
TBS - Why are you so fond of Kyte?

When I was thinking of trading in an arcade, I just found them to be rude, arrogant and cheap in what they provided - seems they just wanted to cut corners everywhere.

I have dealt with Kyte for about 4 years, had no problems with them - certainly not the sort of thing you mention, but then I wasn't looking to trade from their premises.

I also have high regard for the way in which David Kyte runs his business - however, that wouldn't stop me switching brokerage if the desk didn't perform.

TBS

385 0
herbie14 said:
ill check with them but £500 is still 40% cheaper...

Agreed, but your £500 didn't include phones (for instance) so its worth doing a detailed comparason, plus you are looking to build volume to reduce fees - these guys already have it.

FWIW:

Kyte - Adam Musikant - 0207 390 7777

Schneider - Patric de Gentile-Williams - 0207 664 4245

You may well have found a better deal, but surely worth a couple of phone calls and a days meetings to check.

herbie14

48 0
thanks for the contacts, although yes i do want to set up my own 'small' trading shop for a select few people who can trade all different instruments rather than going to an arcade which mainly looks to trade futures or options.....

anmolway

249 1
herbie14,

what is an arcade please?

anmolway

249 1
Thanks Herbie14, that was really interesting. When I bought the trendsignal system two weeks ago they mentioned setting up an arcade with £50K, but i wasn't sure at the time what it meant.

Seems interesting, I wonder if you know of any other arcade players.

Thanks

anmolway

249 1
The way trendsignal people said to me was that each trader trades from there home. A trade is placed over the microphone, they palce the trade and put a stop loss also. Seems slightly different to the normal arcade mentioned.

Probably won't go into it, considering it is a long contract, but it would be interesting to know how many other traders are doing a similar sort of thing - looks to be many since it takes p between 30-60% of volume

donaldduke

Experienced member
1,665 257
The refco article says these Arcade guys each do upto 5000
roundtrips a day... Thats pretty intense.. more like a rapid
fire video game than trading..

BBB

Experienced member
1,071 3
DD - They're spread monkey's, thats why. Akin to the locals of yester year. Indeed, many locals have gone to the arcades to continue trading the spread/making markets in arcades. Can't really do that at home unless you want to pay for 2MB line lease every year - which is what you need. Forget DSL.

JTrader

5,741 506
Personally I prefer the spare bedroom. It enables me to stay in bed until ten minutes before I start work!

TBS

385 0
donaldduke said:
The refco article says these Arcade guys each do upto 5000
roundtrips a day... Thats pretty intense.. more like a rapid
fire video game than trading..

Usual journalistic rubbish - sure there may well be the odd person doing this, but generaly very few and far between. It certainly isn't a pre-requisite for trading from an arcade!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock